• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
No, there is a difference.

Just saying sometimes a bad mood is helpful(regardless of what kind of bad mood).

If I'm rambly, sorry, I'm tired.
Years ago, going through a divorce, I was depressed, and angry, had this amazing talent, I could turn every emotion into anger, and then suppress the anger...I was as close to a vulcan as a human could get......then one night a guy cut me off in traffic, it all came out a blind rage, chased him at a high rate of speed for awhile when I passed my parent's street and thought they will have to visit me in prison... I took they next right and sat there in my truck (full size Chevy Blazer) and shook for 30 minutes.......Had a clinical Psychologist I knew tell me it was an amazing talent to be able to suppress emotions like that.... but it was inevitable that it would, at some point explode as rage......I don't do that anymore..... grumpy works well for me.....

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Years ago, going through a divorce, I was depressed, and angry, had this amazing talent, I could turn every emotion into anger, and then suppress the anger...I was as close to a vulcan as a human could get......then one night a guy cut me off in traffic, it all came out a blind rage, chased him at a high rate of speed for awhile when I passed my parent's street and thought they will have to visit me in prison... I took they next right and sat there in my truck (full size Chevy Blazer) and shook for 30 minutes.......Had a clinical Psychologist I knew tell me it was an amazing talent to be able to suppress emotions like that.... but it was inevitable that it would, at some point explode as rage......I don't do that anymore..... grumpy works well for me.....
Grumpy sounds like a good medium.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

If it works, it works.

Though it does explain a lot ;-)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
image.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yup. Suppression is like putting a stopper in a boiling kettle. Sooner or later...