• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
My microwave has about 30 buttons and I use 4 of them. Those 4 are visibly worn and the rest are pristine.
Reminds me of the first microwave my parents bought in the early 80's. They got the most expensive, elaborate looking thing available. It had vast array of buttons and functions. My folks never bothered to learn what those might be. They just heated up coffee and buritos.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Reminds me of the first microwave my parents bought in the early 80's. They got the most expensive, elaborate looking thing available. It had vast array of buttons and functions. My folks never bothered to learn what those might be. They just heated up coffee and buritos.

You can do other things with microwaves?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Mom and Dad bought a VCR in 1982. It was a really nice one too. It was very durable and well-made. Another device with all manner of functions available if you bothered to learn how to use it for more than playing videos. Once again, they never really bothered to learn how to do more than load a tape and press play. I let the think blink 12:00 for almost a year thinking they'll get annoyed and finally figure out how to set the clock. No. Never. I ended doing it, because I got annoyed seeing it blink.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Mom and Dad bought a VCR in 1982. It was a really nice one too. It was very durable and well-made. Another device with all manner of functions available if you bothered to learn how to use it for more than playing videos. Once again, they never really bothered to learn how to do more than load a tape and press play. I let the think blink 12:00 for almost a year thinking they'll get annoyed and finally figure out how to set the clock. No. Never. I ended doing it, because I got annoyed seeing it blink.

Karen is dangerous with remotes. I spend 2 or 3 hours a day googling how to fix whatever she has managed to do to the tv or satellite box. The degree of difficulty increases by whatever language she has changed it too :neutral:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Karen is dangerous with remotes. I spend 2 or 3 hours a day googling how to fix whatever she has managed to do to the tv or satellite box. The degree of difficulty increases by whatever language she has changed it too :neutral:
When my son was about 8-10 years old, we had to have him network administrate for us. He was pretty in tune with computers by that point.

His mother and I put parental controls on the cable box so we could manage what the kids watched. One day I came into the living room and he was watching a show he wasn't supposed to be watching. I asked how he figured out how to bypass the parental controls. He said he unplugged the digital cable box and ran the cable straight from the TV to the wall, bypassing the box. It wasn't a digital signal, but we still got all the same channels. He just went to the channel he wanted through the TV then. No parental controls there.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I would just get tired and start watching everything in French or German.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
When my son was about 8-10 years old, we had to have him network administrate for us. He was pretty in tune with computers by that point.

His mother and I put parental controls on the cable box so we could manage what the kids watched. One day I came into the living room and he was watching a show he wasn't supposed to be watching. I asked how he figured out how to bypass the parental controls. He said he unplugged the digital cable box and ran the cable straight from the TV to the wall, bypassing the box. It wasn't a digital signal, but we still got all the same channels. He just went to the channel he wanted through the TV then. No parental controls there.

Yep. I discovered it's called parental control because it only controls the parents. Kids can crack it in seconds.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Yep. I discovered it's called parental control because it only controls the parents. Kids can crack it in seconds.
When I discovered the show Family Guy, I thought it was hilarious, but not something the kids should be watching. I was telling the ex about one of the episodes and my oldest son, Joseph said that was one of his favorite episodes. I asked, "How can that be?" He'd been watching it for a couple of years.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Yes but she is imaginary so I can change the details if you'd like.
Just thinking about this as a mystery story where the antagonist has an imaginary psychiatrist that compels that person to do evil. And then asks how that person feels about it.