• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, I used to live in NE Texas!
That puts you in cottonmouth range. Western edge of it. I can't challenge the identification, but it is certainly possible.
And my husband did have a very sensitive nose.
Some people do. It is often women that have the more discriminating sense of taste and smell, but a man certainly can have it too. Sounds like it was useful in that instance.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Unfortunate circumstances to someone I care for, then Sam blew, then Ares blew for hours. Ares broke a window.

Now I have to put on a big smiley face and pretend life is grand. Otherwise I might trigger the sensitive lads.
I wish there were something useful I could tell you, but all I can say is that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you find some time for yourself to relax and shake off the toils of the day.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I wish there were something useful I could tell you, but all I can say is that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you find some time for yourself to relax and shake off the toils of the day.
Unless someone makes Sam pass out as soon as he gets home, I'll likely still have challenges.

I have to pretend to be happy.

I'm not happy.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Unfortunate circumstances to someone I care for, then Sam blew, then Ares blew for hours. Ares broke a window.

Now I have to put on a big smiley face and pretend life is grand. Otherwise I might trigger the sensitive lads.
That is seriously totally ****ed-up.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Unless someone makes Sam pass out as soon as he gets home, I'll likely still have challenges.

I have to pretend to be happy.

I'm not happy.
It's one thing to deal with seriously disturbed people. It's 10 or maybe 10000 times worse to pretend you are happy when you're not.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
That is seriously totally ****ed-up.
It is ****ed up.

Sam's completely and unrealistically jealous over a kind gesture to a friend.

So now I have to play "buddy buddy" so he'll stop being pissed at me for being a friend to someone.

He's incapable of having meaningful friendships. That's not my fault.

If I don't play "buddy buddy" this will simmer, get worse. When Sam is mad, Ares freaks.

So, I'm putting on my acting shoes...

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's one thing to deal with seriously disturbed people. It's 10 or maybe 10000 times worse to pretend you are happy when you're not.
Its terrible. All I want to do is cry, not smile and be silly.

ETA: Unless its rude silly. But this isn't rude silly, I have to be nice silly.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It is ****ed up.

Sam's completely and unrealistically jealous over a kind gesture to a friend.

So now I have to play "buddy buddy" so he'll stop being pissed at me for being a friend to someone.

He's incapable of having meaningful friendships. That's not my fault.

If I don't play "buddy buddy" this will simmer, get worse. When Sam is mad, Ares freaks.

So, I'm putting on my acting shoes...
I'm not surprised about Ares. From what you've written, he's very sensitive and thus easily upset and having had pissed would of course be a trigger for him.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not surprised about Ares. From what you've written, he's very sensitive and thus easily upset and having had pissed would of course be a trigger for him.
Yup. I've got to be careful not to betray any emotion if he's getting weird in the head, or he'll use it for fuel.

Most can't pull this off.

Daemon Sophic

The Vulcan mind-win.

_81300586_81300585.jpg

R.I.P. Leonard.​