• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Bad health sucks.

Good way to sleep even if it takes a while to doze off.

Go to bed with a bottle of scotch and a hot woman.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Still, I don't mess with bears. Of course, they wisely avoided Australia. Even they have their limits I guess.

Sharks, Salt Water Crocks, Spiders as big as your head, dingos, 6 foot hoping rats, everything there wants to kill all humans..... no reason for Bears to be there....besides...they talk funny

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm not scared of @Wu Wei .
No reason to be....... even a 1500 pound killing machine with 6 inch claws and big pointy teeth has a soft side...... not much of one.... but some....

bear_sit1-800x500_c.jpg

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
That is pretty small for a dragonfly, but we have a tiny species here too.
Eastern amberwing - Wikipedia
One of my enduring memories of childhood was the time we went to the rail depot at Klamath Lake in Oregon. While Dad took care of whatever business needed handling, us chilluns played...there were dragonflies...I would say now hundreds and hundreds of dragonflies...you could hold out your hand and one would come hover over it...couldn't get one to land...they were HUGE, much broader and longer than my hands...

It didn't occur to me for many years that my memory was as a five or six year old, and so my hands were much, much smaller than today, and hence...the dragonflies, beautiful and abundant as they were, were just normal-sized dragonflies...

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
One of my enduring memories of childhood was the time we went to the rail depot at Klamath Lake in Oregon. While Dad took care of whatever business needed handling, us chilluns played...there were dragonflies...I would say now hundreds and hundreds of dragonflies...you could hold out your hand and one would come hover over it...couldn't get one to land...they were HUGE, much broader and longer than my hands...

It didn't occur to me for many years that my memory was as a five or six year old, and so my hands were much, much smaller than today, and hence...the dragonflies, beautiful and abundant as they were, were just normal-sized dragonflies...

I remember sitting in the swamps of Louisiana and seeing quite a few dragonflies coming around. Someone told me that they eat the mosquitos, so they were actually protecting us from mosquitos. So, dragonflies are cool.