• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
It showed no picture the first time.

I think you're deflecting.

Now I know...
I'm not deflecting. I'm reflecting. On a misspent youth. Should have spent all my time working with computers instead of drinking and girls.

And now I'm also reflecting on editing skills.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what was up. If I walked around with my head in a phone posting every thought that enters my head on all social media, I'm sure I would know without much effort.
I'm not sure I want to know.
I'm not deflecting. I reflecting on a misspent youth. Should have spent all my time working with computers instead of drinking and girls.
I should have bought a tent and headed out to the woods, avoiding most of society.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
You mean the people that invented the computers. Good idea.
Wow... you must have OLD computes if you need Charles Babbage...Gen Z folk would be clueless... its not small enough :D

440px-ENIAC_Penn1.jpg

ENIAC

A friend of mines father went to MIT in the 50s and he built a computer that was in thier basement.... it was as tall as ENIAC but about half the width. This was 1980, and he said that the average calculator was more powerful at that time (1980)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm not deflecting. I'm reflecting. On a misspent youth. Should have spent all my time working with computers instead of drinking and girls.

And now I'm also reflecting on editing skills.
I did all of the above...and look where it got me..... incredibly impatient to retire and never see a computer again, wanting to move to Maine to be left alone...and I don't drink either

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
So, I've come up with an idea for my novel.

The title will be Bachelor, Superhero, Father. He's a bachelor, but has two teenage kids (boy and girl) that he is raising while trying to maintain a career as a mild-mannered S.W.A.T team leader and using his powers in his off time to save mankind. He divides his time between family, work and his hobby while working with people at his church helping them solve their problems. His favorite thing in life is spending time with his family and saving those in need from disaster and evil. He loves puppies and flowers. Golly gee, he is just the best.

Did I mention there is an arch nemesis? Anyway, there is. He's an indigent, itinerate, accountant, sociopathic, serial killer that stalks the night for victims he kills in the most grisly and gratuitous manner in order to harvest their toes for his collection. He likes to dress the bodies up after he is done and leave them staged in mock reference to 1950's romance comic books.

I'm thinking pop up book.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I did all of the above...and look where it got me..... incredibly impatient to retire and never see a computer again, wanting to move to Maine to be left alone...and I don't drink either
Can I come visit?

Oh, wait. You want to be left alone. I'll probably just roam around Derry and see what sort of clowns live there.