• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Why am I a winner.
Because I'm me.
And every time I look in the mirror,
a winner I doth see.

Pearls Before Swine Comic Strip for October 12, 2024

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
True and many people really have no idea why they like Saturdays!

Maybe because it's actually Saturn Day.

1728755896692.png

Of course, Saturn is also associated with Saturnalia, kind of like the "Red Hour" in the Star Trek episode "Return of the Archons."

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
We have one going on in my small town but I am going to it tomorrow.
All the fairs and festivals are one of my favorite parts of this time of year. We have Octoberfest at one of the nearby communities of significant German heritage. It is also a community with a significant and pleasant number of local wineries. I may take some time before the end of the month to indulge myself for a weekend.

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
We have one going on in my small town but I am going to it tomorrow.
Of course, the Red Hour on Star Trek involved indulgences and liberties that aren't usually available at most local festivals. And many that I wouldn't partake in if they were. But the sentiment is similar even if the practice is taken rather far afield out of the norm.