• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
Why am I a winner.
Because I'm me.
And every time I look in the mirror,
a winner I doth see.

Pearls Before Swine Comic Strip for October 12, 2024
I'm really glad you and @Stevicus post these sorts of things. I always seem to enjoy them and the wit and wisdom that comes with them.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Sorry off subject, Has anybody tried using affirmations? Do affirmations really work?

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
Shortly, I will be chauffeuring several women to a "Witches Night Out". Sometimes, I loan my time to others. In this case, it may not have been entirely voluntary. But that's OK. It will be quiet and allow time for barbeque.
Did they put a spell on you?
Sorry off subject, Has anybody tried using affirmations? Do affirmations really work?
This thread is all about off topic.

But no, I haven't.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
So, I started hiking again and returning slowly to the diet that I maintained rather well for 2 and half years. It worked once. I don't think it was the diet and exercise that really turned the trick, but the change in mindset that I embraced.

I found it peaceful and spiritually enlightening as well. I'll just have to watch out for injuries. The hardest part of breaking training is the return.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course, the Red Hour on Star Trek involved indulgences and liberties that aren't usually available at most local festivals. And many that I wouldn't partake in if they were. But the sentiment is similar even if the practice is taken rather far afield out of the norm.

I think it was the result of being under mind control most of the time, and then suddenly being granted a brief period of "release," which somehow had the effect of sending them all into a frenzy.

seven-of-nine-voyager.gif

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I think it was the result of being under mind control most of the time, and then suddenly being granted a brief period of "release," which somehow had the effect of sending them all into a frenzy.

seven-of-nine-voyager.gif
I think so too. Pulling the cork out of the bottle after it had been shaking for a long time.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't have any experience with affirmations.

I'm all survival.
That was another aspect that I enjoyed about it. I was living again, by my own standard. I love being in the woods and fields and hiking and outdoor adventure was a way to do that. I must admit that it was largely solo and I did not have others to consider. I would enjoy the company, but being pioneering in my own reconstruction, I didn't have to worry about others either. I met enough people along the way to make that part pleasurable as well.

Once, while hiking on this loop trail that butted up against a favorite local creek with swimming and wading, I encountered a woman and her children headed to the creek. Out of no where, one of her children, a boy of perhaps 5 turned and grabbed my upper left leg in a hug. I was still moving. A worried word from his mother and he let go. It was all quick and surprising. I hiked on around the loop to where it butted up against the stream and there was the little boy again. He asked, "Aren't you the guy we just saw?" My response was, "No. That was somebody else." He didn't know how to respond to that as I continued on. Most probably would find it annoying and I can't say that it wasn't a little, but it was an unexpected and ultimately harmless interaction that I actually found amusing.

I really like hiking. So much to see. So much to do. I even had a companion for one hike. She was quite nice too.