• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Last Supper mocked in Paris?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hey, my knickers nor anyone else's I know are not in a knot. I don't know any MAGA'S though I do know some people who are going to hold their noses and vote for Trump. Not me though.

There are some on here (and othere threads) who refuse to accept the organisers description but would rather read in to it anti Christian hatred, why? Very insecure people in my view.

I'm glad you are not voting for gropy boy.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
There are some on here (and othere threads) who refuse to accept the organisers description but would rather read in to it anti Christian hatred, why? Very insecure people in my view.

I'm glad you are not voting for gropy boy.
Oh no way, I have to sleep at night!

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Also, from the videos it looks like the space that resembles a table (but really isn't one) was used for a parade of sorts, which would reinforce the appearance of a pagan festival as contrasted to a supper. There are indeed few itens of food or plates present; I am not sure there are any except around the Dionisyus

Posting my link from the other thread. You're right, it was a catwalk, with performers on both sides of it. You can see clearly here how comparisons to the Last Supper fall apart:

This exactly. I just saw video for the first time this morning, from this different angle there's no Last Supper comparison at all.

Short (50 second) video at this link:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This was an interpretation of the Feast of Dionysus, god of wine. Do I need to point out that the France and wine are synonymous.

Point it out as often as you can until you get bored, some people will not listen to fact when they have a plastic bone to chew on

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Well if this is true, then its unquestionable they were mocking the last supper IMO.

Not necessarily, and IMO not even very likely.

Let's for the sake of argument assume that Barbara Butch had indeed intended (or more likely assumed an intent) to reference The Last Supper and, by extension, the Christan New Testament. Let's assume that she posted about "The Gay New Testament" and then changed her mind.

The most likely scenario, from my perspective, is that she had genuine pride of a message of inclusivity using Christian imagery. Until recent years that would be very typical of Christianity; inclusiveness used to be a highly valued virtue among Christians.

Then she learned better, perhaps from the press even. And having learned better, she naturally corrected her post.

It can happen and seems to be the most likely scenario to me.

If the piece isn't a forgery, that is.

As a xtian, I had absolutely no problem with the Paris Olympics. We seem to have forgotton the hole notion of "turn the other cheek" when offended and "judge not lest ye be judged" which Jesus himself taught. Also Jesus never condemned anybody and didn't even mention homosexuality.

By far one of the most creative and interesting Olympic Ceremonies I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
I think certain aspects of the opening ceremony were definitely mocking Christianity, as well as demonstrating demonic imagery. Doesn’t surprise me, though, because the antichrist spirit is becoming increasingly prevalent.

It seems to me that, unfortunately, paganism (which I think is a significant part of this), is on the rise. God help us.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I wonder what the response would have been if it was Islam or Judaism being targeted?
Reminds me of a joke I saw the other day on youtube by Jimmy Carr

"I'm sorry I can't do my Islamic bit here... i'll gladly tell jokes about christians but not about muslims because...well... I'm not an idiot. So if any of you christians think this is unfair or unjust or whatever...well... maybe you should consider to blow something up! :p
But seriously, I don't mind telling jokes about christians. I mean, what are they going to do? Forgive me? "

Cracked me up :p

sew.excited73

Wendy-Anne - I am Dutch/British
I haven't read this whole thread, as it's already 14 pages long, so excuse me if this was raised already, but...
I wonder how much that spectacle cost them financially? Think of what real good could have been done with that money instead!