• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mark of the Beast

Ben Masada

Christians, especially Protestants, and among them, the Seventh-Day Adventists in particular, enjoy to talk about the mark of the Beast; and with fantastic definitions, that only make a ridiculous picture of themselves. Then, they charge each other with the potential to
get the mark of the Beast. They think of almost everything but the real thing, which is given by the NT itself.

The mark of the Beast appears in conjunction with the Antichrist. Morphologically, the term Antichrist is composed of two words:
Anti and Christ. Anti means to stand against or to contradict. Christ means what Christians believe Jesus was. So, what stands against
Christ is only obvious that it means the Antichrist.

According to Matthew 5:17, Jesus declared that he had not come to abolish the Jewish laws. Then, 30 years later, Paul came and said
that what Jesus said was not true, but rather that the Jewish laws were abolished on the cross. (Ephe. 2:15)

As we can see, Paul stood against what Jesus said by contradicting his words about his purpose regarding the Jewish laws. If Jesus was
indeed Christ, as Christians believe he was, it's only obvious that Paul acted as the Antichrist.

Now, where did Paul say the Jewish laws were abolished? On the cross. And what did the cross mean to him? "God forbid," he said, "that I should glory in anything save in the cross." The cross meant the glory of Paul. (Gal. 6:14)

Now, we have the mark of the Beast: The cross, a symbol of shame and a curse to the Anointed of the Lord, who, in the words of Habakkuk 3:13, is the People of Israel, the Jewish People.

Now, your comments are welcome.

Ben :yes:

Last edited:

Green Kepi

Since you quote Matt. 5:17...may we read further in the chapter? You will notice Jesus goes on to state, (v.18) "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law...UNTIL...everything is accomplished".

I, as a Christian, believe the "everything is accomplished" was Jesus dying on the cross. John 19:30 and Gal. 3:16-25 - tell me that the Law was to last only till the seed would come and the seed is Christ...
Shalom....

Ben Masada

Since you quote Matt. 5:17...may we read further in the chapter? You will notice Jesus goes on to state, (v.18) "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law...UNTIL...everything is accomplished".

I, as a Christian, believe the "everything is accomplished" was Jesus dying on the cross. John 19:30 and Gal. 3:16-25 - tell me that the Law was to last only till the seed would come and the seed is Christ...
Shalom....

Now, allow me to remind you of a small detail you have missed. I am glad you reminded me of verse 18. But how about verse 19? Let me read it for you: "Whosoever, therefore, shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Of course, you know the meaning of verse 19. That indeed Jesus meant business when he said that he did not come to abolish the Jewish laws but to observe or fulfill, it doesn't matter, and to make sure we all did the same. His mission therefore, was to revive Judaism by making Torah observance for every single Jew. So, my dear friend, nothing was abolished according to Jesus. But Paul didn't believe him, and abolished everything on the cross, which was his mark of the Beast.

Ben: :shout

Green Kepi

Yes verse 19 must be included...but at this moment...the Law had not been fulfilled - Jesus was still alive. I disagree with you...Paul did believe Him. The writer of Matthew reports that some were accusing him of not following the Law and Jesus knew the Pharisees' were "proud of themselves" because they obeyed the Law (613 laws) and the "extra laws they'd made up to "explain" the Law. They looked pious, but they were far from the Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus addressed that and then goes on to "tell me"...thru the Scriptures that by His fulfilling the Law He satisfied its requirements in my place. Okay...the Law was not destroyed...its just the 'required' obedience was accomplished in Him. So - in Jesus - I keep the Law faithfully, and cannot be accused by God. I'm (me being a Gentile) no longer judged by any of the everlasting Laws. The Law doesn't condemn me as a Christian. This make sense? Thanks for your response...!

IF_u_knew

Curious
Christians, especially Protestants, and among them, the Seventh-Day Adventists in particular, enjoy to talk about the mark of the Beast; and with fantastic definitions, that only make a ridiculous picture of themselves. Then, they charge each other with the potential to
get the mark of the Beast. They think of almost everything but the real thing, which is given by the NT itself.

The mark of the Beast appears in conjunction with the Antichrist. Morphologically, the term Antichrist is composed of two words:
Anti and Christ. Anti means to stand against or to contradict. Christ means what Christians believe Jesus was. So, what stands against
Christ is only obvious that it means the Antichrist.

According to Matthew 5:17, Jesus declared that he had not come to abolish the Jewish laws. Then, 30 years later, Paul came and said
that what Jesus said was not true, but rather that the Jewish laws were abolished on the cross. (Ephe. 2:15)

As we can see, Paul stood against what Jesus said by contradicting his words about his purpose regarding the Jewish laws. If Jesus was
indeed Christ, as Christians believe he was, it's only obvious that Paul acted as the Antichrist.

Now, where did Paul say the Jewish laws were abolished? On the cross. And what did the cross mean to him? "God forbid," he said, "that I should glory in anything save in the cross." The cross meant the glory of Paul. (Gal. 6:14)

Now, we have the mark of the Beast: The cross, a symbol of shame and a curse to the Anointed of the Lord, who, in the words of Habakkuk 3:13, is the People of Israel, the Jewish People.

Ben :yes:

Ah yes! The source of MANY nightmares during my childhood years. :cover: We even had to watch movies in church about this stuff. Our pastor was VERY into the end times, the anti christ, and the mark of the beast. He was fascinated with Israel, though he was SURE that the anti christ was coming from the Jewish People. Hmmm.. wonder WHERE anyone could get such an idea from?

2 Thess 1:8
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Thess 2:14-15
For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the
Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

And Titus 1:10-11, 14-16

Funny how Jesus was Jewish and a teacher of the Law; not an opposer of. I know the evangelicals support Israel for the sole purpose of having these prophecies of the anti christ come true... and it reminds me of Isaiah 66:4.

I think what you are proposing makes PERFECT sense. I refuse to wear anything with a cross. I do not see how wearing an instrument of death that MANY people (more than just Jesus) suffered AGONIZING and painful hours, even days on could be representative of Jesus' teachings. BLEH! :no: People would think it strange if I were to walk around with a guillotine hanging around my neck and proudly stating that I gloried in its use to bring down greed at one time. It is just ODD. BEN! This is brilliant! I see MUCH truth in what you say here.. though, don't expect anyone else (not many anyway) to agree with you. :cool: If they would be honest though, it does not take much to see that Paul had his own agenda that was VERY MUCH opposing to what Jesus' was trying to do.

Judgment

The mark of the beast you are looking for can be found in many places. Some places you least expect - and - some places you refuse to look.

In fact - I have noticed - you can be looking right at them - and not be able to see them.

If a man falsely accuses his wife of not being a virgin - her father and mother must provide 'proof' of her virginity..... If so...

and the elders shall take the man and punish him. They shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver and give them to the girl's father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives. (Deuteronomy 22:18-29)

If they are unable to provide the proof that is sought...

If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in her father's house. You must purge the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)

Ben Masada

Yes verse 19 must be included...but at this moment...the Law had not been fulfilled - Jesus was still alive.

Yes, but it does not say in verse 20 that everyone must do the same as he did while he was alive and no longer after he was dead. Nice try but too illogical.

I disagree with you...Paul did believe Him. The writer of Matthew reports that some were accusing him of not following the Law and Jesus knew the Pharisees' were "proud of themselves" because they obeyed the Law (613 laws)

Just like Jesus did; down to the dot of the letter. That was the pride of every Jew: To observe the Law. And Jesus did no differently from them.

and the "extra laws they'd made up to "explain" the Law.

And Jesus did exactly the same. Take a look at Matthew 5:21-26. The sin was only to commit murder. Jesus added to be a sin even to get angry at each other. The sin was only to commit adultery. Jesus added to be a sin even to look at a woman with lust. (Mat. 5:27-32) What did the Pharisees do differently from Jesus? Before Jesus we had 613 laws. Just with these two we have alread 615. Should we continue?

They looked pious, but they were far from the Kingdom of Heaven.

How do you judge the qualification to be close to the Kingdom of Heaven? Go back to verse 19. Jesus said that the qualification is to obey the Law and teach it without missing a single point. Everything as it is.

Jesus addressed that and then goes on to "tell me"...thru the Scriptures that by His fulfilling the Law He satisfied its requirements in my place.

Again, you need to review verse 19. By his fulfilling of the Law, he satisfied its requirement for himself and not in our place. Otherwise he would not have said that we too must do the same.

Okay...the Law was not destroyed...its just the 'required' obedience was accomplished in Him.[/qote]

I agree with you that the laws were not destroyed, but I can't agree with Paul because he clearly that they were. :)Ephe. 2:15) The required obedience was accomplished in Jesus for himself. Now, everyone has to accomplish the same according to Matthew 5:19.

So - in Jesus - I keep the Law faithfully, and cannot be accused by God. I'm (me being a Gentile) no longer judged by any of the everlasting Laws. The Law doesn't condemn me as a Christian. This make sense? Thanks for your response...!

That's the ONLY thing you have said in this post that makes sense. As a matter of fact, the Jewish laws are not for you. You must not worry because you won't be judged by the Jewish laws. They are for the Jews and not for Gentiles. Yes, you will be judged but by the Noahite laws. These are the laws made for you as a Gentile. Be loyal to them and you will be righteous Gentile.

Ben: :)

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Ah yes! The source of MANY nightmares during my childhood years. :cover: We even had to watch movies in church about this stuff. Our pastor was VERY into the end times, the anti christ, and the mark of the beast. He was fascinated with Israel, though he was SURE that the anti christ was coming from the Jewish People.

Hmmm.. wonder WHERE anyone could get such an idea from?

No, Katie, don't be too fast in wondering where anyone could get such an idea from. Your former Pastor of childhood years could have been right after all. If John the Apostle did write I John 2:18,19, it says in there that the antichrists took their leave from "our ranks." If that's John speaking, by our ranks, he meant Judaism. And Paul came out of the ranks of Judaism to found Christianity. If the writer of that Letter is a disciple of Paul, then, "our ranks" means Christianity. And they come out of Christianity. Either way Paul is compromised.

2 Thess 1:8
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 1 Thess 2:14-15
For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of

the Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:
And Titus 1:10-11, 14-16

Can you see here where the antisemitic accusation that the Jews killed Jesus comes from? See also how he says that the Jews please NOT God? As if he had no knowledge of Isaiah 41:8,9. Isaiah 42:1 especially when it says that Israel is he, whom I am pleased, said the Lord. Isaiah 44:1 that Israel is My darling. Do we have any doulbt about this man?

Funny how Jesus was Jewish and a teacher of the Law; not an opposer of.

Matthew 5:19.

I know the evangelicals support Israel for the sole purpose of having these prophecies of the anti christ come true... and it reminds me of Isaiah 66:4.

I think what you are proposing makes PERFECT sense. I refuse to wear anything with a cross. I do not see how wearing an instrument of death that MANY people (more than just Jesus) suffered AGONIZING and painful hours, even days on could be representative of Jesus' teachings. BLEH!

People would think it strange if I were to walk around with a guillotine hanging around my neck and proudly stating that I gloried in its use to bring down greed at one time. It is just ODD.

Behold, something original that had never occurred to me? That's a wonderful comparison: The proud exhibition of the guillotine in one's neck. No difference from the cross, which is considered a instrument of curse and Jewish torture. It seems to me Christians want to make sure not to forget the place of the Jew. And it also reminds me of a joke. That the happiest employee in the world is the Pope. Everyday as he wakes up, he looks at the cross to make sure his boss is still hanging in there.

BEN! This is brilliant! I see MUCH truth in what you say here.. though, don't expect anyone else (not many anyway) to agree with you. If they would be honest though, it does not take much to see that Paul had his own agenda that was VERY MUCH opposing to what Jesus' was trying to do.

Yes, I agree with you. Thanks therefore.

Ben: :no:

Last edited:

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
...Now, where did Paul say the Jewish laws were abolished? On the cross. And what did the cross mean to him? "God forbid," he said, "that I should glory in anything save in the cross." The cross meant the glory of Paul. (Gal. 6:14)

A few comments indeed.

When I think of Antichrist the first thing that comes to mind is the Anti-Jew, Esau.
Esau... Edom, his descendant... Edom = Rome. Rome is the anti-Jew in Yeshua's time. Paul is a Roman. Paul, who never even met Yeshua, curses his Torah observant followers in Acts. It's pretty clear to me who the Antichrist is. Just the opinion of one Messianic Jew. I never use any cross as a symbol, I used to use the stylised fish (Ichthus) until they became so popular on bumper stickers.

Judgment

Since this thread is about the mark of the beast... I would like to continue pointing out marks I have seen. These marks supposedly come from a Loving, Caring God.

It is so difficult for many to be objective of the religion they follow. If they believe it to be 'perfect' - they never will.

Leviticus 24:14
14"Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him.

Deuteronomy 13:5
5That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

Exodus 22:18
18"Do not allow a sorceress to live.

Leviticus 20:27
27"'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.'"

Exodus 31:14
14"'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people.

Numbers 15:32-36
32While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. 33Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, 34and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. 35Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." 36So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the LORD commanded Moses.

Leviticus 20:10
10"'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 22:22
22If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.

Leviticus 20:13
13"'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Deuteronomy 18:20
20But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."

Green Kepi

Ben...of course, you know I disagree with you because of my different view of who Jesus was/is...however, with my being a Gentile...is what you believe also taken somewhat from Galatians 3:15-25? Especially verse 25...you saying that only applies to me as a Christian...? Again...thanks...this is helping me to learn how to teach my belief and also to understand the belief of others who take their religion seriously. What you say is somewhat stated differently from my friends who are Jewish...making it interesting study. I've learned you all are divided as a belief just as we Christians. Guess that makes us human. Even the Apostles argued with one another...we haven't changed much over the years. At one time, in my military career, I trained with the Israeli Army...I sure did learn many new things from them! Again...thanks....

Judgment

Ben...of course, you know I disagree with you because of my different view of who Jesus was/is...however, with my being a Gentile...is what you believe also taken somewhat from Galatians 3:15-25? Especially verse 25...you saying that only applies to me as a Christian...? Again...thanks...this is helping me to learn how to teach my belief and also to understand the belief of others who take their religion seriously. What you say is somewhat stated differently from my friends who are Jewish...making it interesting study. I've learned you all are divided as a belief just as we Christians. Guess that makes us human. Even the Apostles argued with one another...we haven't changed much over the years. At one time, in my military career, I trained with the Israeli Army...I sure did learn many new things from them! Again...thanks....

Ben's mission - judging by the threads he has started - is to discredit Christianity. I have no problem with that - other than that he sees perfection within his own religion that I believe is not there.

But... for you.. a Christian, to read his posts and thank him and Thank him - I find that quite amusing.

Ben Masada

Have you ever heard about "two Jews, three opinions?" This confirms your finds
that Jews are divided in beliefs. We are indeed very diversified in opinions within Judaism. But that's permitted, as long as we don't confess loyalty to another religion.

Ben: :)

Ben Masada

Since this thread is about the mark of the beast... I would like to continue pointing out marks I have seen. These marks supposedly come from a Loving, Caring God.

It is so difficult for many to be objective of the religion they follow. If they believe it to be 'perfect' - they never will.

Leviticus 24:14
14"Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him.

Deuteronomy 13:5
5That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

Exodus 22:18
18"Do not allow a sorceress to live.

Leviticus 20:27
27"'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.'"

Exodus 31:14
14"'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people.

Numbers 15:32-36
32While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. 33Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, 34and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. 35Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." 36So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the LORD commanded Moses.

Leviticus 20:10
10"'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 22:22
22If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.

Leviticus 20:13
13"'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Deuteronomy 18:20
20But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."

I hope all your efforts to research all the above was not an exercise into futility, because God has nothing to do with any of the things you have posted above. Everything was thought out and written by men. They bounded the injunctions to God only to make obedience more obvious.

Ben: :(

Judgment

I hope all your efforts to research all the above was not an exercise into futility, because God has nothing to do with any of the things you have posted above. Everything was thought out and written by men. They bounded the injunctions to God only to make obedience more obvious.

Ben: :(

There was no exercise into futility. These are punishments to be carried out per your holy books. They are written as if they are the word of God.

Are these punishments not a detailed law-code by which the Children of Israel are to live in the Promised Land ?

Were these laws not be followed ?

God has nothing to do with these punishments? Does that mean that man has corrupted the word of Yahweh ?

Ben Masada

:cold:
There was no exercise into futility. These are punishments to be carried out per your holy books. They are written as if they are the word of God.

"As if" is not the same as "they actually are." You don't strike me as one who believes in such a literal manner.

Are these punishments not a detailed law-code by which the Children of Israel are to live in the Promised Land ?

They were, but more as a deterrant than actually meant to be. That was more a measure to govern through fear. Besides, almost 100 percent, those threatened punishments were never applied.

Were these laws not be followed ?

They were; but they had to be printed as a threat because of the slavish personality of a people coming out of 400 years slavery. Today, we don't need this anymore. We have finally been emancipated from slavery.

God has nothing to do with these punishments? Does that mean that man has corrupted the word of Yahweh ?

That's right. God has nothing to do not only with the punishments but also with the reason why they were established in the first place. And mind you, man has NOT corrupted the Word of Yahweh.

Ben: :confused:

Judgment

Ben Masada: "As if" is not the same as "they actually are." You don't strike me as one who believes in such a literal manner.
So they were used to trick people in to believing that they were the words of God ? To make them fear ?

Ben Masada: They were, but more as a deterrant than actually meant to be. That was more a measure to govern through fear. Besides, almost 100 percent, those threatened punishments were never applied.
These were laws written down - yet - they were never followed ? Is that not disobeying the laws of your holy books?

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed." - Albert Einstein

Ben Masada: They were; but they had to be printed as a threat because of the slavish personality of a people coming out of 400 years slavery. Today, we don't need this anymore. We have finally been emancipated from slavery.
Yes - Yahweh freed your people from slavery - yet allowed you to keep slaves. Hypocrisy?
Ben Masada: That's right. God has nothing to do not only with the punishments but also with the reason why they were established in the first place. And mind you, man has NOT corrupted the Word of Yahweh.

Ben: :confused:
Man wrote punishments for crimes - Man printed them as if Yahweh was saying them - and yet - Man has not corrupted the Word of Yahweh ?

IF_u_knew

Curious
No, Katie, don't be too fast in wondering where anyone could get such an idea from. Your former Pastor of childhood years could have been right after all. If John the Apostle did write I John 2:18,19, it says in there that the antichrists took their leave from "our ranks." If that's John speaking, by our ranks, he meant Judaism. And Paul came out of the ranks of Judaism to found Christianity. If the writer of that Letter is a disciple of Paul, then, "our ranks" means Christianity. And they come out of Christianity. Either way Paul is compromised.
Ben: :no:
:no: <--- it's usually the confused smilie that you use on my posts. This is a change! :yes:

Ben, did you not know? I claim quite adamantly that Paul wrote I, II, and III John. It is hallmark Paul. "little children," "beloved," .. and the uplifting of an idol worshiper and the slandering of someone who does not agree with him. The writing is SO classic Paul I do not know HOW there is no one else who sees it. I pulled out all the comparisons between the epistles that ARE attributed to Paul that match EXACTLY to what is written in 3 John w/ the Catholic friends. And look.....

3 John 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

YET in Isaiah it says....

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

You and I both agree that it is through opposition that we learn the most. Paul never has... he pushed morality.

Sorry, but I, II, and III John are all about morality... not values. There IS a difference. Values equate to Wisdom gained via knowledge through experience. And my claim is BOLDLY that Paul is the author of these epistles as well. Therefore, what you have pulled out of I John 2, I would attribute to Paul as well. Look closely at these John books and at the writings of Paul.. surely you will see all the same classic Paul trademarks that I do. :)

Ben,
In your original post on this cite, you misquote both Christ and Paul, and I don't believe you deliberately lied but spoke as if you know something you don't know.

You said, .."According to Matthew 5:17, Jesus declared that he had not come to abolish the Jewish laws. Then, 30 years later, Paul came and said that what Jesus said was not true, but rather that the Jewish laws were abolished on the cross. (Ephe. 2:15)."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You then concluded, erroneously, "..As we can see, Paul stood against what Jesus said by contradicting his words about his purpose regarding the Jewish laws. If Jesus was indeed Christ, as Christians believe he was, it's only obvious that Paul acted as the Antichrist."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Matthew 5:17 Jesus indeed said He came to fulfill the law and the prophets, then in Matthew 5:19-20 Jesus rebuked the interpretations of law that scribes and Pharisee, or the Jewish law as you misappropriated, misappropriated. Jesus gave the example that "..it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment...." (Matthew 5:21-22)

A working example Jesus exhibited is in John 8:1-8, where the scribe and Pharisee inventers of finger pointing law brought forth a woman left to fend for herself by prostitution, expecting Jesus to condemn her to death in accordance with finger pointing law. But the very priests who brought her to Jesus were ordained to collect tithes and offering to provide new opportunities not only to the widowed, the orphaned and the poor among them, but even to absolute strangers who meandered among them. The pissant law interpretors, the Jewish law you referred to, knew exactly what Jesus meant when He stooped down and committed Jeremiah 17:13 right under their noses...Jesus fulfilled the law the punk finger pointers misappropriated, and they got the hell out of dodge FROM THE GREATEST OF THEM to the least.

Read Ephesians 2:15 one more time, and you might be able to curl your finger pointed at Paul back into your fist.

The rest of what you guys have to say on this cite pretty much sticks with what else you don't know.

Last edited: