• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mind Steroid!

Orias

Left Hand Path
The mind steroid...

Is it something that is sitting in front of you? Or something you chew?!

What is, "the mind steroid"?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Novels can take us to imiginary places that become real to the reader. Books can show is the power of imgination.

Ah, yes, I agree. To me the power of imagination is just one of the greater benefits of the Black Gift. :D

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I've never heard of a "mind steroid." I typed it in Google and this thread is the fourth result. I guess to me a mind steroid would be something that fills you with abunch of useless facts but leaves you with no real knowledge.

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
I'd also go with books of all descriptions, conversation, debate, experience, many kinds of meditation and coffee as black as my soul.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the phrase, but wouldn't books be the farthest thing from a mind "steroid" considering the detrimental effects of steroids.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I've never heard of a "mind steroid." I typed it in Google and this thread is the fourth result. I guess to me a mind steroid would be something that fills you with abunch of useless facts but leaves you with no real knowledge.

Like this.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the phrase, but wouldn't books be the farthest thing from a mind "steroid" considering the detrimental effects of steroids.

Because steroids have detrimental effects :rolleyes:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

To me a mind steroid is something that enhances the power of the human mind; knowledge, understanding. However, to me, that which has become the human mind was artificially enhanced in aeons past by what some of us call the Gift of the Black Flame.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

apophenia

What is this crap about steroids being bad ? Do you people even know what steroid means ?

There are lots of steroids - steroids are a whole class of organic molecules. What do you think cholesterol is ? Do you know why cholesterol is essential ?

Steroid does not exclusively mean dianobol or some other black market anabolic.

Lots of veges contain steroids which are very good for you. Do your homework, jeezuz.

Meanwhile, back to the topic - if you mean what is the metaphorical equivalent, something 'intellibolic' as opposed to anabolic, then I would say ***** ********** ******* without a doubt. (Sorry, Rule 6).

Orias

Left Hand Path
What is this crap about steroids being bad ? Do you people even know what steroid means ?

I know right?

Why would my doctor prescribe something thats bad for me? Its not like we're trying to be Rick Flare or Hulk Hogan here :facepalm: