• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Murder Mystery Begins!

Cynic

Religious Forum’s Murder Mystery
Case #1: The Floating Coffin

Iteration of the General Rules:

Each player will be assigned an identity: Captain, first mate, navigator, mechanic, cook, or passenger. The murderer’s identity is false. The murderer could be anyone, even the ship’s captain. The passengers are simply identified as passengers at first, until you go looking into their rooms for clues and find further personal information. One of the passengers is a private investigator. Each passenger will of course, know their deeper identities.

There are three main roles, and rules for each: The suspects, the murderer, and the private investigator. Everyone has been assigned their roles and sent their rules.

1. Everyone must private message me their turn… That is what room they want to move to, if they want to search, who they want to kill, etc. The results will be sent back the same day, late in the evening. The next turn will take place the following afternoon. Each players location and status, blood trails, and murder weapons will be posted on the ship's diagram.
2. Everyone may share the clues they have found at any time in the thread, but be careful. Revealing the deeper identity of a passenger may cause him or her to become a target. It is the murderer’s best interest to find out who the private investigator is and kill him/her, and it is the private investigator’s best interest not to be revealed (especially by sharing the finger print he/she just found). You may also send private messages to other players.
3. Clues can help in using the process of elimination. Along with fingerprints, you can narrow it down to one person. It will help if you take notes, of what you've found and where you found it.
4. A player can be accused and thrown overboard, by majority vote. The identity of a player being thrown overboard will then be revealed.
5. There is a fourth role, but it is a secret, and is only revealed to the person assigned.

The private investigator and suspect’s goal:
The killer is thrown overboard.

The murderer’s goal
Every opposing player dies.

Remember, each side has 15 turns to accomplish their goal (this may be extended if needed). Both sides can lose. The side that wins (by accomplishing their specific goal) will receive a huge jackpot of 150,000+ "coins" courtesy of the Feathers, Circle_One, Mr Emu, the RF admin, and I. If theres more than one winner, it will be split, as necassary.

smallpassengership.jpg

Preface:

The date is November 12th, 1921. You are riding aboard a small steam ship called the “Mariana”. The ship has departed from Miami, and is sailing towards Havana, which is 15 days away. The voyage has been serenely peaceful, until now.

You stare through a small and cruddy porthole window, watching the glistening blue waves as they dance in the sun’s glowing luminescence. You begin to reminisce of the times you’ve spent on the beach when you were a scrawny child; the times you played with starfish washed up on grainy wet sand, the white and gray barnacles embedded atop sharply ridged rocks, and the submerged baby crabs you inquisitively poked at with twigs from seaborne wood. You begin to almost feel the moist and cool air blowing around you, smell and taste the distinct salty air and marine life, and hear the majesty of the waves as they roar and crash onto the sandy shore. Rudely awakened from your comforting reminiscence, the ship’s captain suddenly grabs your shoulder with a slight jerk. “Sorry, but I have some chilling news for you…” The captain said with a following hesitant pause. “Mr. Atkins, committed suicide last night. One of the crew members found the body early this morning.”
“My god.” you reply in shock and disbelief. “I don’t believe this… Mr. Atkins was a good man and a good friend of mine! He would never commit suicide!”
“I know you’re shocked and disturbed, but keep your voice to a whisper. I have yet to tell the passengers, and I don’t want panic to spread aboard the ship”, the captain replied, pointing his finger towards the passenger cabins. “Anyways we found him…”
“I don’t care how you’ve found him!” you interrupt in a loud whisper. “You don’t know Mr. Atkins! Like I said, he would never commit suicide. Someone else had to be involved.”
“Are you suggesting the possibility that this was murder?” asked the captain.
“Yes.” you reply.

Here is the ship's diagram. Always refer to it, as it will be constantly updated:

ship31.jpg

Day 6:
November 16th, 1921... 4:00 am on a cold and dark monday morning...
A single gun shot rings out and everyone to their horror, finds Circle_One dead.
Luke Wolf was thrown overboard...

He was innocent...

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Taking out her trusty notepad and pen, the journalist Feathers squints as she remembers what the Captain had said. How on earth could anyone kill dear Mr. Atkins? She would get to the bottom of this, and the murderer would then find themselves at the ocean's bottom! (She knew it wasn't a very good threat- hopefully, she'd have enough time to finesse it before meeting the murderer.)

She stepped out into the hallway.

Circle_One

Coming into her room that night after hearing of poor Mr. Atkins' untimely fate, Circle One is shocked to notice that some of her things had gone missing. This can't be a coincidence. She thought to herself as she set about collecting the contents of a makeup case and resetting the strewn objects back in place. I don't believe Mr. Atkins' death was a suicide. But that would mean... that a murderer is on board?

Gasping at the thought, Circle One stepped out of her room and into the dimly lit hallway, cautiously and constantly looking over her shoulder with every step.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Feathers looked across the hall to see another passenger stepping out of her room. "Did you hear the news?!" she asks the other woman.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
(Ah, okies!)

"The captain just told me that Mr. Atkins has died!" Feathers looks suspiciously at Jmourn, writing hand poised to take down notes. "Where were you just now, anyway?"

Circle_One

Feathers in Hair said:
Feathers looked across the hall to see another passenger stepping out of her room. "Did you hear the news?!" she asks the other woman.

"I did! Isn't it awful! Poor Mr. Atkins. I just simply cannot believe that he would kill himself. Surely this must be some mistake!"

Circle One looked past the other woman to the man who spoke up. She eyed him suspiciously.

"Surely you've heard. The Captain is making his rounds as we speak."

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
AYE AYE CAPIN'! Has anybody seen the Captain? I think I have to report my rounds to him, speaking of which..... Fear not passengers, the crew is on the case! *Runs along to make the rounds and look for the Captain*

Fluffy

A fool
Down in the dark recesses of the lower deck, Fluffy cradled his aching head in his hands as the captain slammed the door shut behind him. Maybe that all night drinking session hadn't been such a good idea afterall even though Feathers, the accomplished yet incredibly lightweight journalist, had given the passengers a table dance.

After a brief struggle between his head and stomach over whether locking the door or collapsing on the bed was the most reasonable course of action, Fluffy very intelligently decided to sleep off the hangover and sort out the mess when he woke.

Cynic

Please read the rules! Players are not reading the rules. Some are online and still haven't PMed me their turn.
Don't hesitate to ask me any question though.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Oh hey... I'M THE CAPTAIN... where's my "Little Buddy" Gilligan? Three hour tour will commence shortly so look alive! No, we don't need no stinkin' weather report!

OK, you passengers need to get busy looking for clues! Assignments coming up SOON!

Cynic

New Rule:
Players that do not take their turn by 2am will move and conduct searches automatically, so the game will go on. If they find clues, the clues will be posted in this thread, instead of PMed to them.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
NetDoc said:
Oh hey... I'M THE CAPTAIN... where's my "Little Buddy" Gilligan? Three hour tour will commence shortly so look alive! No, we don't need no stinkin' weather report!

OK, you passengers need to get busy looking for clues! Assignments coming up SOON!

I'm not Gilligan!!!! I'm Comet!!!!! Darn Capin', no respect....

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Sure, little Buddy! Now don't bother the professor so we can figure this out... and by all means keep your hands off of Mary Anne! :D

Cynic

It is now Day 2.
As the passengers are searching the ship, the cries of CDRaider ring throughout the ship. Apparently the murderer has already struck again. Something must be done and quickly!

Also,
Mrs. Stemann has searched Feather's cabin and found her passport:
fihPassport.jpg

Circle_One

Being just down the hall from the newest crime scene, Circle One was startled from her broken slumber by the screams of CDRaider. She quickly threw a robe around her and stepped into the hall to see what the commotion was. Chills shot up her spine as she thought of the possibility that the murderer had struck again.

She squints through the darkness, trying to see if the screams had roused anyone else.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
AH HA! Feathers is AMERICAN!!!! Well, that tells us nothing.....

Do we know how CD died? Any clues?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
(*looks at the map and screams to those on the second floor* I think they're coming to get you! Nooooo!)

Feathers looks around. "Ah do declare, this fit of people killing one another is giving me the vapors something awful." (She's just discovered she has a Southern accent, so she can get away with this.)