• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Official “RFfiliates” Discussion Thread

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I have a question?

Are you ever going to come and visit me at my mothers?
crash.gif

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: Hi. Long time reader, first time caller. I expect and appreciate that you will respect my anonymity. I am writing and inquiring you on your pathetic depiction of one of RF’s most revered members. I am of course referring to Doppelganger. You have this hand holding this ball with a word ballon pointed in its general direction. What the heck is that? You have a perfectly wonderful reference of Doppelganger in his profile and I am sure that if you asked Doppelganger nicely, he would be glad to send you more pictures of the angles you need. How am I supposed to SWOON over an arm, a hand and a ball?

A: The SWOONING of Doppelganger seems to be a hot topic recently and you must realize that I fully understand your position. When designing an RFfiliate character I must take in consideration, their avatar, their personality (and how much I know of them) and how their avatar/character can relate to the current strip. I designed Doppelganger as the resident mystic of the RF Universe. The “go to guy” when the community needs answers or prophetic solutions. Though I have only featured him in one instance so far, I have discovered and decided that it would be more practical, mysterious and comical to keep his identity shrouded in shadow. Throughout sitcom TV history, it seems that every cast should have one.

In Home Improvement Tim’s neighbor Wilson (Earl Hindman) was always never presented except from the top of his head to his nose. The series went to great lengths to insure viewers that they never saw his whole face.

The Powerpuff Girl’s Ms Sara Bellum (voiced by Jennifer Martin) always had the top of her head cut off or her large mane covering her facial features.

An on-going gag on Police Squad! had Frank Drebin (Leslie Neilson) interacting with a tall police officer who was never shot from the shoulders up.

I do not yet know where the Mod Squad is going or if Doppelganger will even be featured in another strip but I like the mythos that I have built for his character (and I believe Doppelganger likes it too) but I will take your affections into consideration for future appearances and maybe I could be more attentive to detail and perhaps pronounce his brachialis a little more.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: Hi, I just checked in on your thread and I got to admit, it is very impressive. As a fellow comic artist, I noticed that your panels are usually devoid of any background substance. Mind you this isn’t a complaint but I was just curious about why you don’t draw backgrounds.

A: I could probably use the excuse of time constraints, laziness or that the word balloons render it irrelevant but the truth of the matter is that I blew the entire budget on the helicopter that brought THE FAITHLESS in.

Harmony

I come in peace
Interesting stuff. When do you find time to eat? From what I have read, you need to visit mrscardero.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Interesting stuff. When do you find time to eat? From what I have read, you need to visit mrscardero.
Good timing Harmony. As of tonight, I will be finishing the last page of this Mod Squad story arc and then I am treating myself to a sandwich, a good cry and oh yeah, I better visit mrscardero too.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: I love your new avatar but I have to know: Is that for real, did you paint that yourself? I guess what I am asking is…WHERE CAN I GET ONE!?!?

A: This and many more MOD SQUAD items will available this spring. Through a deal secured with Todd McFarlane toys, I have brought your favorite “RFfiliates” characters to collectible, action figure status. There will also be other merchandise coming out at by the 3rd quarter of 2008 . With a quick stopover in Colorado (and only with Sunstone’s permission), I will be picking up our spokes-model, Ms. Tiffany Latex for the weekend where mrscardero and I will be setting up a Religious Forum booth at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. Signings will be available as well as more merchandise.

merch.jpg

1. The talking PATRICK doll comes with THE FAITHLESS shirt and when you press its stomach it asks “Why does Jesus love me?” Luke Skywalker outfit sold separately

2. MISTER T Action figure includes a light saber and a tiny 5 dollar bill.

3. The Sunstone action figure may not be available yet but that doesn’t mean you can’t play with your own Ms. Tiffany Latex doll. This girl is raring to go! Popular among adults, this doll stands 5' 2 ", is fully pose-able and is an exact replica of it’s comic-book counterpart.

4. The Talking Jay Grumpy Plush Doll is not only lovable, huggable and squeezable but is also machine-washable and voice activated. Good for children (and grand-children) of all ages.

5. The Nutshell Face Mask. Ripped right from the pages of the comics comes the authentic mask that Nutshell represents in his avatar. Call for pricing.

6 and 7. The Michel Lunchbox and Earring set. Not only practical but stylish. Constructed from durable plastic and includes a glass insulated Thermos for your tea. Special pricing available for men who are only purchasing one earring. Please specify ear.

8. CAPTAIN XEROID BEETLE CAR is a favorite among the regular residents. Also by third quarter be on the lookout for the CAPTAIN XEROID Transformer and the Franklin Mint CAPTAIN XEROID “Throughout The Ages” Volkswagens series where they will be offering a different year CAPTAIN XEROID Volkswagen Beetle every month (my favorites are the Captain Xeroid Austin Powers Beetle and the Herbie The Love Bug).

9. Danbury Mint Painted Wolf Yellow Snow Globe. Painted Wolf (and Frank Zappa) are both immortalized in this attractive and colorful snow globe. Only 500 of these have been made and this commemorative globe comes complete with a certificate of authentication.

10. Signature FRUBAL PROPERTY SIGN- Keep those frubal hordes away from your reputation with this stylish 10”-15” word sign. Great for doors or can even be used for your RF signature. And the sign really works!! Hang it up anywhere and you will never have to worry about people violating your Frubals again.

11. The wisdom of the ages can be yours with this Seyorni Action Figure. Comes with stand and instruction manual. CAUTION: Do not get figure wet, do not expose it to sunlight and only feed it when everyone comes to peace.

12. ROBTEX Action Figure. Comes with pointer, aviator sunglasses and walkie-talkie. Sold separately is a wireless headset, Black Belt Karate outfit and a Jedi robe.

13. FEATHERSINHAIR RESIN STATUE- Ah, Feathers………………

14. SUNSTONE BATTLE HELMET (TBA). I’ll be honest with you. These are going to be very expensive to produce. I am going to have to sell a lot of Robtex dolls before I will be able to manufacture these.

15. RF MEDALS-(administration and member award committee only, not for resale)

16. Doppelganger’s BALL- This crystal item is really a lot more attractive than it sounds. Comes with a wooden stand for when one decides they tire from continually holding it.

cardero

Citizen Mod
8. CAPTAIN XEROID BEETLE CAR is a favorite among the regular residents. Also by third quarter be on the lookout for the CAPTAIN XEROID Transformer and the Franklin Mint CAPTAIN XEROID “Throughout The Ages” Volkswagens series where they will be offering a different year CAPTAIN XEROID Volkswagen Beetle every month (my favorites are the Captain Xeroid Austin Powers Beetle and the Herbie The Love Bug).

I don't know about everyone else but I am on board for all of the above.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Yor previous panel will be your last?
I'm thinking about it and I do have other stories mulling around in me gulliver. The hardest part about taking a break from the comics that I noticed is that I haven't found another constructive outlet to release this creative energy. It hasn't been a week since I finished this story arc and I am already drawing on the wall with crayons while mrscardero threatens to mace me with Mr. Clean. Like I told everyone, there may be a MOD SQUAD; Next Generation but I think it may depend on two conditions. If I know I can produce and tell a better story than this one and if Michel decides to continue with a Newsletter. One thing is for sure, I am going to need to take a break.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: Is there going to be another season of Mod Squad?

A: After much thought and deliberation, I have decided to renew a second season of The MOD SQUAD. It all goes well, the first part will air September 1st.

What readers should expect:

*Tentatively entitled The Mod Squad; The Next Generation, the story will take the “RFfiliate” community into space (“Cyber”space actually).

*More RFfiliate member appearances (remember, you have to be on RF to be in it).

*Action!! Adventure!! Intrigue!!

*The introduction of a new villain.

*I will be keeping the same format to 8 pages a month and each installment will end in a cliffhanger.

*There will be new contests and prizes for the winners (Midnight Blue and Don Penguino I did not forget about you two).

*Mrscardero may be lending her inking talents to the story.

Darkwater

Tigger/willy Nelson really made me laugh out loud.....I'm going to read the older ones now,reminds me of my saturday afternoons reading the fabulous furry freak brothers & fat Freddies Cat,except with a greater vision & perspective....outwith the box,though without the drugs..........Where is the ship going too?where is it from?lulz.

Just hanging out is cool,of course.

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
Where is the ship going too?where is it from?lulz.

Just hanging out is cool,of course.

This story picks up as if The Mod Squad is already a Sci-Fi series. The first part of the story I thought I would just establish a setting and some exposition so this installment is not exactly a direct sequel to the first story, more of a "What if" storyline. Even though the community is out in space, I am still going to try to keep the same familiar attributes, characterizations and likenesses.

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: What happened to the trade paperback of past “RFfiliates” comics that you were supposed to produce and where can I get one?

A: Unfortunately that hasn’t happened yet. Mrscardero and I were supposed to bind past “RFfiliates” strips along with last season’s The Mod Squad story into one book but the printing and imaging place that we patronized closed down so now I am searching for a new venue and may seriously discuss production methods with Nanda and Papersock.

I cannot produce these comics with a personal intent to sell because there are too many copyrights and legalities regarding certain members avatars and their likeness but I would like to produce enough for contest giveaways and if there is a tremendous request for them, I would talk to MarkaBlue and the administration about posting them up for sale and send the proceeds to some charity on behalf of RF.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: Is the RFfiliates and original idea? I mean, do you know of other forums that someone does comics for?

A: The original concept of the “RFfiliates” belongs to RF member Michel but I am sure that wherever artists exist they are probably lending their talents to forums that they frequent but I did do some research and as far as I know, Religious Forums is the only forum that exclusively has a comic based on their own community members.That in itself is very cool!

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: Do you get paid for drawing these comics for RF?

A: Sort of. I work the graveyard shift as a toll collector at a station that is very quiet and I do most of my art at work so in a way I do get paid for drawing comics for RF. The only responsibility that I have is in providing for the supplies.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Q: Why are the images of the comics coming out so crappy? Is it the setting on your scanner or the size of the images?

A: Good question. Mrscardero and I are truly aware of the quality of the newsletter comics and we are going to seriously look into the possibilities this month. One of the important things to remember is that the problem is not on RF’s end. We suspect that it is the size reduction on Photobuckets site but we will check our scanner and if we have to use another image hosting site, we will, to unsure RF readers clear, quality comics.