• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Only Rule is Don't Get Caught

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
So this is what people do when they lack an argument against what you've said, they mock you. How sweet, especially not hypocritical for a moralist.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Happiness, civil order, and survival are all subjective wants, and survival of one species is irrelevant to the grand scheme. Happiness of one species is irrelevant to the grand scheme, and civil order of one species is irrelevant to the grand scheme.

They are relevant in terms of the species, which is where ethics and morality operate.

It's the universe that's irrelevant to these matters.

Objectively X subjectively thinks something, but the subjectivity is not objective.

Day and night are objectives.

But they are transitory. Subjectivity is likewise transitory. Both, however, are still real.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
They are relevant in terms of the species, which is where ethics and morality operate.

It's the universe that's irrelevant to these matters.

But the universe is everything, how can you put everything aside like that? The all and all is an objective.

But they are transitory. Subjectivity is likewise transitory. Both, however, are still real.

I feel as though I'm repeating myself, but even if it weren't transitory it wouldn't matter, the subjective is not an objective. The subjective only exists as a concept.

Nothing.

Except that the first person who should catch someone doing something they shouldn't be doing, is their own self.

But their own self wouldn't say they're doing something wrong until they get caught, as that's the only thing that's wrong.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
So this is what people do when they lack an argument against what you've said, they mock you. How sweet, especially not hypocritical for a moralist.
Your assumptions are most comical.

You should move out of your mommas house now, while you still know everything and get into politics. Your a natural.

Orias

Left Hand Path
So I stole this phrase from Gjallarhorn and I think it is a good rule, I mean what a person doesn't know doesn't hurt them.

When my mom found out I was doing something that is highly considered illegal after finding it in my room, she asked me "Do you have any manners?" It just ticked into my mind to be a smarty hardy and say "My only rule is to not get caught."

...she flipped the hell out. I asked what was wrong with that rule and she didn't answer so I figured I'd ask you guys.

What is wrong with that being your only rule, IYO?

I can't buy into this.

If I have cancer and I'm not aware of it, its still harmful to me.

The only rule should be stand your ground. Its how wars are won, and retreating is most often a ploy to stand your ground later on in the battle.