• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Paedophile Hunter

Wherenextcolumbus

You didn't reply to my question. On what basis do you view it as wrong?
You need someone to break it down to you that it's easier to manipulate someone the younger they are and that when an adult is seeking out a young teen/child it isn't because they know that young person/child will challenge them and have clear boundaries, it's the opposite, they know they won't have clear boundaries, they are in fact seeking power. When I was that age, an older man could easily take advantage of me if they told me what I wanted to hear, which was basic compliments and possibly that they loved me, it would have been easy for them to get me to do whatever they wanted. Then I would have been left crying a week later wondering why they haven't called me again.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
You need someone to break it down to you that it's easier to manipulate someone the younger they are and that when an adult is seeking out a young teen/child it isn't because they know that young person/child will challenge them and have clear boundaries, it's the opposite, they know they won't have clear boundaries, they are in fact seeking power.

I thought I had already made it clear that I am against manipulation of minors to engage into sexual activities. Certainly such an act should be punished by law. If you can show that every adult who has sex with teenagers is being manipulative, please do so.

When I was that age, an older man could easily take advantage of me if they told me what I wanted to hear, which was basic compliments and possibly that they loved me, it would have been easy for them to get me to do whatever they wanted. Then I would have been left crying a week later wondering why they haven't called me again.

I think you had some rather serious problems if all it took to get you to have sex was basic compliments. We certainly can't use your experience as an example.

Wherenextcolumbus

I thought I had already made it clear that I am against manipulation of minors to engage into sexual activities. Certainly such an act should be punished by law. If you can show that every adult who has sex with teenagers is being manipulative, please do so.

I think you had some rather serious problems if all it took to get you to have sex was basic compliments. We certainly can't use your experience as an example.

It's not my experience because it never happened to me. It's basic sense that the younger someone is the the easier it is to manipulate them. Some people are more vulnerable then others depending on other factors or experiences they have had in their life, but age is a big factor on how easy it is to manipulate someone.

I don't need to prove that in every single case manipulation is involved. If an adult is seeking relations with a young teen/child, someone they aren't going to be mentally stimulated or challenged by, it's about power, they want someone they can lead. That's common knowledge.

suncowiam

Woah dude, poor self-esteem can lead to many things especially in teenagers. You're not thinking through this if you don't think that a teenager could be willing to have sex in order to preserve their self-image and worth especially to those that they feel is within their social group.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
It's not my experience because it never happened to me. It's basic sense that the younger someone is the the easier it is to manipulate them. Some people are more vulnerable then others depending on other factors or experiences they have had in their life, but age is a big factor on how easy it is to manipulate someone.

Yes, I am well aware that with all else equal it is easier to manipulate younger people into sex than older people.

I don't need to prove that in every single case manipulation is involved. If an adult is seeking relations with a young teen/child, someone they aren't going to be mentally stimulated or challenged by, it's about power, they want someone they can lead. That's common knowledge.

Prove that. Actually, prove they aren't going to be mentally stimulated or challenged as well while at that. Oh, and that they always lead through manipulation.

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Woah dude, poor self-esteem can lead to many things especially in teenagers. You're not thinking through this if you don't think that a teenager could be willing to have sex in order to preserve their self-image and worth especially to those that they feel is within their social group.

I have no idea from where you have invoked the 'preserve their self-image and worth especially to those that they feel is within their social group'.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Somewhat, and my response was also that the guy being set-up may never have gone that far ever with his urges if it hadn't been made too easy. I never got a response to that point.

What do you mean by having it "made too easy"?

What exactly is making opportunities too easy? Explain?

suncowiam

I have no idea from where you have invoked the 'preserve their self-image and worth especially to those that they feel is within their social group'.

I'm responding specifically to the following comment:

You're trivializing what it takes to influence teenagers. In some cases, it actually doesn't take much if you use peer-pressure and self-esteem issues against the teenager.

So you expect teenagers to behave like adults and defend themselves like adults. Is that your argument? Or simply explain your quote better in the context of a teenager.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I'm responding specifically to the following comment:

You're trivializing what it takes to influence teenagers. In some cases, it actually doesn't take much if you use peer-pressure and self-esteem issues against the teenager.

So you expect teenagers to behave like adults and defend themselves like adults. Is that your argument? Or simply explain your quote better in the context of a teenager.

Please explain how basic compliments can be interpreted as any of the issues you have brought up.

suncowiam

When I was that age, an older man could easily take advantage of me if they told me what I wanted to hear, which was basic compliments and possibly that they loved me, it would have been easy for them to get me to do whatever they wanted. Then I would have been left crying a week later wondering why they haven't called me again.

Please explain how basic compliments can be interpreted as any of the issues you have brought up.

How convenient of you to leave the context out? Let me quote all the context so we have a clear picture.

Read the quotes again.

What gave you the right to label her with serious issues? So you would have blamed her for having sex instead of the older man? Is that what you're really saying?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
How convenient of you to leave the context out? Let me quote all the context so we have a clear picture.

Read the quotes again.

What gave you the right to label her with serious issues? So you would have blamed her for having sex instead of the older man? Is that what you're really saying?

I have yet to see ( or rather hear about ) a teenager having sex with someone due to basic compliments. I think that someone who does that has some serious problems indeed. That's what I am saying.

Midnight Rain

Do you mean that it is wrong because it is against the pragmatism of the law?
I think that there is a pragmatic function that is required because a law is universal to all of its citizens (or so it should be. Rarely is the actual case but that is another thread) based upon our conclusion of what would be right or wrong. We all agree that having sex with children is wrong. A majority of us agree that having sex with young teenagers is wrong. But what is the defined line that we have to agree upon? Even if an individual case was somewhat misconstrued in terms of what may be right or wrong I still stand by the concept and the enforcement of it. Beyond that it is a perverted individual wrangling in a forbidden promiscuity. And if such an individual has to look for ones half their age then there is already something wrong .

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
A teenager who acts like that does have issues, with girls it's usually "daddy issues". Lots of grown women have that problem too and they should really be in therapy.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
What do you mean by having it "made too easy"?

What exactly is making opportunities too easy? Explain?
My point was a 'set-up' operative would likely be quicker to make or agree to an encounter than a real kid. That was the whole point of the set-up person's involvement; to get an adult to appear at a face-to-face encounter.

suncowiam

I have yet to see ( or rather hear about ) a teenager having sex with someone due to basic compliments. I think that someone who does that has some serious problems indeed. That's what I am saying.

So you are basing this solely on your own experience?

You believe the cause of such behavior is simply "having serious issues." While I assert the cause of such behavior being to low self esteem and peer pressure. Further correlation which has been studied and shown that adolescents especially among teens do succumb to such symptoms. When dealing with such issues, a teenager will make bad decisions not only in sexual contexts but other types of negative contexts like alcohol, drugs and crime.

In all your rhetoric, you chose to single out only the adolescent and mentioned nothing of the responsibilities of an adult. If sex resulted, you mentioned no where whether the adult was wrong. You're only point was to single out a teenager as having "serious issues." Sure, you're techincally correct but you side-stepped completely around the context of adolescent growth. Low self-esteem and peer pressure are serious issues for the teenager. However, I need to remind you again that teenagers are prone to such negative traits as studies of have shown. So it is the responsibility of a more mature and moral person not to take advantage of such traits being those that are labeled as adults. Is that a fair assertion? Is that the more moral and ethical assertion? In fact, it is the legal assertion because sex cannot be consented by those under aged regardless of the subjective nature of what defines sexual maturity being physical or mental.

If you need me to site more references on how teens and adoloscents succumb to peer pressur and self esteem issues. Plus the negative activities that results from such traits then I can easily do so.

Frankly, I view your rhetoric as disturbing to society and especially offensive to Horrorble. The experience that you described as not "being the best example," is actually a very good example given what we know of adoloscent conditions.

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member
So you are basing this solely on your own experience?

You believe the cause of such behavior is simply "having serious issues." While I assert the cause of such behavior being to low self esteem and peer pressure. Further correlation which has been studied and shown that adolescents especially among teens do succumb to such symptoms. When dealing with such issues, a teenager will make bad decisions not only in sexual contexts but other types of negative contexts like alcohol, drugs and crime.

In all your rhetoric, you chose to single out only the adolescent and mentioned nothing of the responsibilities of an adult. If sex resulted, you mentioned no where whether the adult was wrong. You're only point was to single out a teenager as having "serious issues." Sure, you're techincally correct but you side-stepped completely around the context of adolescent growth. Low self-esteem and peer pressure are serious issues for the teenager. However, I need to remind you again that teenagers are prone to such negative traits as studies of have shown. So it is the responsibility of a more mature and moral person not to take advantage of such traits being those that are labeled as adults. Is that a fair assertion? Is that the more moral and ethical assertion? In fact, it is the legal assertion because sex cannot be consented by those under aged regardless of the subjective nature of what defines sexual maturity being physical or mental.

If you need me to site more references on how teens and adoloscents succumb to peer pressur and self esteem issues. Plus the negative activities that results from such traits then I can easily do so.

Frankly, I view your rhetoric as disturbing to society and especially offensive to Horrorble. The experience that you described as not "being the best example," is actually a very good example given what we know of adoloscent conditions.

You are completely distorting her words to suit your needs. That is quite disturbing....

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I think that there is a pragmatic function that is required because a law is universal to all of its citizens (or so it should be. Rarely is the actual case but that is another thread) based upon our conclusion of what would be right or wrong. We all agree that having sex with children is wrong. A majority of us agree that having sex with young teenagers is wrong. But what is the defined line that we have to agree upon? Even if an individual case was somewhat misconstrued in terms of what may be right or wrong I still stand by the concept and the enforcement of it. Beyond that it is a perverted individual wrangling in a forbidden promiscuity. And if such an individual has to look for ones half their age then there is already something wrong .

You are talking about what to do after it has been determined what is wrong. I am asking how you reached the conclusion that it is wrong.