• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Paedophile Hunter

suncowiam

You need someone to break it down to you that it's easier to manipulate someone the younger they are and that when an adult is seeking out a young teen/child it isn't because they know that young person/child will challenge them and have clear boundaries, it's the opposite, they know they won't have clear boundaries, they are in fact seeking power. When I was that age, an older man could easily take advantage of me if they told me what I wanted to hear, which was basic compliments and possibly that they loved me, it would have been easy for them to get me to do whatever they wanted. Then I would have been left crying a week later wondering why they haven't called me again.

I think you had some rather serious problems if all it took to get you to have sex was basic compliments. We certainly can't use your experience as an example.

You are completely distorting her words to suit your needs. That is quite disturbing....

Again, these are the quotes that we are basing this discussion on.

I'm confident where I stand on the discussion and believe that I fairly asserted plausible notions where needed. If you want to keep on skirting around your own actions and what you said, that's all you.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Again, these are the quotes that we are basing this discussion on.

I'm confident where I stand on the discussion and believe that I fairly asserted plausible notions where needed. If you want to keep on skirting around your own actions and what you said, that's all you.

I am unable to figure out how you see yourself actually speaking as if you were being supported by the context whereas it is clear you have merely built a fragile bridge based on it.

Wherenextcolumbus

I am unable to figure out how you see yourself actually speaking as if you were being supported by the context whereas it is clear you have merely built a fragile bridge based on it.
let me break it down for you. By me saying that I would have been easily manipulated by an older man that I fancied as a child, you focusing on my psychology instead of the actions of the hypothetical adult man, you're shifting part blame on to the child and therefore taking the stance of the abuser. Which is what all abusers do to rationalise their actions.

suncowiam

Doesn't sound like you have kids. Some day when you do, maybe you'll come back to this discussion with a different perspective. Or not, whatever. Maybe you are exactly as you're perpetuating yourself to be.

I'm fine if you want to end it here or you can add what last comment you want. I'm not continuing this.

Midnight Rain

You are talking about what to do after it has been determined what is wrong. I am asking how you reached the conclusion that it is wrong.
I already explained that there is a belief that there is a certain age in which I don't think children should be allowed to be held at the same social responsible level as an adult. That is the basis of why I think it is wrong.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
My point was a 'set-up' operative would likely be quicker to make or agree to an encounter than a real kid. That was the whole point of the set-up person's involvement; to get an adult to appear at a face-to-face encounter.

Why do you believe real kids would behave any differently?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
let me break it down for you. By me saying that I would have been easily manipulated by an older man that I fancied as a child, you focusing on my psychology instead of the actions of the hypothetical adult man, you're shifting part blame on to the child and therefore taking the stance of the abuser. Which is what all abusers do to rationalise their actions.

I was saying that you had some rather serious problems which would make you unsuitable to serve as an example, that is all.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Doesn't sound like you have kids. Some day when you do, maybe you'll come back to this discussion with a different perspective. Or not, whatever. Maybe you are exactly as you're perpetuating yourself to be.

I'm fine if you want to end it here or you can add what last comment you want. I'm not continuing this.

I comprehend how a father/mother would be worried about their teenager having sex with someone. I comprehend the concern. That doesn't change how I view this situation in the least though.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I already explained that there is a belief that there is a certain age in which I don't think children should be allowed to be held at the same social responsible level as an adult. That is the basis of why I think it is wrong.

We seem to be walking around circles. So, the basis for you to view it as wrong is that it goes against the law. That it goes against the established age of consent that we have set. That is what you are saying.

I find that to be a rather strange way to figure out whether something is wrong. You are just going along with others have set.

Midnight Rain

We seem to be walking around circles. So, the basis for you to view it as wrong is that it goes against the law. That it goes against the established age of consent that we have set. That is what you are saying.

I find that to be a rather strange way to figure out whether something is wrong. You are just going along with others have set.
That is not what I said. If you recall I stated that there is a decided upon age in which we feel that our citizens should be able to make certain choices for themselves. I think it is wrong for a child to be able to make sexual decisions with an adult. That is wrong because they have not yet had the chance to gain the necessary life experience and maturity to make those kind of decisions.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
That is not what I said. If you recall I stated that there is a decided upon age in which we feel that our citizens should be able to make certain choices for themselves. I think it is wrong for a child to be able to make sexual decisions with an adult. That is wrong because they have not yet had the chance to gain the necessary life experience and maturity to make those kind of decisions.

But certainly there are teenagers below our set age of consent who do have the necessary life experience and maturity to make such decisions, right? Is it wrong for them to make such choices ?

Midnight Rain

But certainly there are teenagers below our set age of consent who do have the necessary life experience and maturity to make such decisions, right? Is it wrong for them to make such choices ?
It doesn't matter. In order to protect those that are not by the law one must standardize it. I do have a hard time believing that there is any 14 year old that has enough life experience to justify a mature relationship with a 30 year old. I do not believe that they exist. And if they do it most likely is because of life experiences that we should have already protected them from.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It doesn't matter. In order to protect those that are not by the law one must standardize it. I do have a hard time believing that there is any 14 year old that has enough life experience to justify a mature relationship with a 30 year old. I do not believe that they exist. And if they do it most likely is because of life experiences that we should have already protected them from.
You're correct, & anyone who would disagree is utterly & embarrassingly wrong. To add some justice to this baseline, I've proposed reduced criminality when ages are closer, eg, 18 year old boinks a 17 year old.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

How come it doesn't matter? You have said that it is wrong because they lack certain things. Now you say it doesn't matter. That means it doesn't matter if it is wrong.

Regarding the law, there is always the possibility of using the age of consent as a guidance rather than an absolute rule. And that's what I defend. If an underage individual had sex with an adult, it should be up to the judge, if such a case reaches him/her, to decide whether a crime happened based on what he is going to hear on court.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
You're correct, & anyone who would disagree is utterly & embarrassingly wrong. To add some justice to this baseline, I've proposed reduced criminality when ages are closer, eg, 18 year old boinks a 17 year old.

This shows a lack of foresight on your part.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This shows a lack of foresight on your part.
I lack hindsight too. But nonetheless, we can have objective (if somewhat arbitrary) standards which are more just than current laws. I'll wager that a majority will agree that a 30 year old boinking a 14 year old is very different from a 15 year old & the same 14 year old.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I lack hindsight too. But nonetheless, we can have objective (if somewhat arbitrary) standards which are more just than current laws. I'll wager that a majority will agree that a 30 year old boinking a 14 year old is very different from a 15 year old & the same 14 year old.

How does that work on USA? Who gets sent to jail? Both?

Midnight Rain

How come it doesn't matter? You have said that it is wrong because they lack certain things. Now you say it doesn't matter. That means it doesn't matter if it is wrong.

Regarding the law, there is always the possibility of using the age of consent as a guidance rather than an absolute rule. And that's what I defend. If an underage individual had sex with an adult, it should be up to the judge, if such a case reaches him/her, to decide whether a crime happened based on what he is going to hear on court.
You cannot have the just be up in the air. Do we want to allow adults to have free legal reign to have sex with children that can be easily manipulated? No. That is abuse in my book. Adults should not have sex with children and I still see a 14 year old as a child. And you cannot have the law simply be in the hands of someone's personal opinion. That is true regardless of the law or situation.

A 14 year old child does NOT posses the qualifications to make their own sexual decisions. That is my opinion on the matter. After considerable thought on the matter there is no situation in which a 14 year old would be able to even if were legal in my book. Not with adults.

Wherenextcolumbus

I was saying that you had some rather serious problems which would make you unsuitable to serve as an example, that is all.
This just shows how out of touch you are. I can honestly tell you that a lot of young girls are vulnerable to older men. By basic compliments I mean, you're pretty you're smart etc. It doesn't take much to get a child to hang on to your every word. Some are more vulnerable than others. But you don't even agree that seeking out young teens and children is about power. So this is probably a waste of time.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
You cannot have the just be up in the air. Do we want to allow adults to have free legal reign to have sex with children that can be easily manipulated? No. That is abuse in my book. Adults should not have sex with children and I still see a 14 year old as a child.

I don't think of a teenager as a child, but rather as a transition between childhood and adulthood.
But to answer your question: Yes, I want to allow adults and teenagers to have sex together if they wish to do so. And that's not ( necessarily ) abuse in my book.

And you cannot have the law simply be in the hands of someone's personal opinion. That is true regardless of the law or situation.

Of course we can. You will often see divergence on how to interpret and apply a given law. That is where personal opinion comes into play.

A 14 year old child does NOT posses the qualifications to make their own sexual decisions. That is my opinion on the matter. After considerable thought on the matter there is no situation in which a 14 year old would be able to even if were legal in my book. Not with adults.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I see no reason to agree with you.

Last edited: