• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Paedophile Hunter

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
To Catch a Predator was sadistic trash (with at least one suicide due to it) and this is sadistic trash, as well. But some people's sadism is socially condoned. I don't see the point of humiliating and ruining the life of someone for trying to have sex with a presumed 15 year old, unless you're a sadist. Apparently bullying is fine when it's directed towards certain people.

Wherenextcolumbus

Of course they are, the people he assaulted and victimised - the ones he robbed, terrified and bullied before he started being a vigilante were victims.
Oh my bad I thought you meant the men that have been caught.
He went to prison and he changed. He said it himself he was a terrible person. But it's not exactly a bear watching over the kids. He has been punished for what he did. And what he is doing now has led to over 17 convictions.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Stinson Hunter (and associates) also known as 'the paedophile hunter', operates within UK law to obtain evidence against child sexual predators online in order to gain convictions and spread awareness about online safety.

He poses as a girl or boy between the ages of 11-15 on apps like badoo. When he is approached by an adult male he let's them know in the first reply that they are under the age of 16. If the adult then continues the conversation so does he and eventually suggests a meet up. If the adult does meet what they believe to be a person under the age of 16 he confronts the adult and films their reaction, and puts the evidence online as well as handing all evidence in to the police.

What do you think about Stinson exposing the evidence and therefore the identity of the perpetrators online? Do you think it is an effective way of spreading awareness of CSP online?

Stinson Hunter | Facebook

At the risk of being utterly criticized, the girl that 'Stinson Hunter' pretends to be is not generally someone I would be worried about.
From the few conversations I have read, the ficticious girl that he created has the appearance of a 18 years old girl ( or close enough ) and is very willing to have a relationship with ( much ) older men.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Oh my bad I thought you meant the men that have been caught.
He went to prison and he changed. He said it himself he was a terrible person. But it's not exactly a bear watching over the kids. He has been punished for what he did. And what he is doing now has led to over 17 convictions.
Yes I meant his own many, many victims.

He should raise money for the police to spend searching for paedophiles and leave the law enforcement to law enforcement.He also uses as bait an adult, who looks like an adult - that alone would ruin any chance for prosecution nine times out of ten.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Were I the cops, I would indeed be worried about a man with such a catastrophic criminal record - particularly for violence playing at being a vigilante. It's rather like hiring a bear to watch the kids
Wu Wei would be OK with that.

Wherenextcolumbus

To Catch a Predator was sadistic trash (with at least one suicide due to it) and this is sadistic trash, as well. But some people's sadism is socially condoned. I don't see the point of humiliating and ruining the life of someone for trying to have sex with a presumed 15 year old, unless you're a sadist. Apparently bullying is fine when it's directed towards certain people.

They ruined their own life to be honest. And they were perfectly fine with ruining the life of someone they believed to be between age of 11-15.

Wherenextcolumbus

At the risk of being utterly criticized, the girl that 'Stinson Hunter' pretends to be is not generally someone I would be worried about.
From the few conversations I have read, the ficticious girl that he created has the appearance of a 18 years old girl ( or close enough ) and is very willing to have a relationship with ( much ) older men.
erm no, he states more than once to the perp that "she" is under 16 and doesn't reply like an 18 year old. Some people look older than they are, you're telling me you wouldn't worry about them?

Wherenextcolumbus

.He also uses as bait an adult, who looks like an adult - that alone would ruin any chance for prosecution nine times out of ten.

erm no it would not because of the UK law around sending 2 or more messages to someone under the age of 16 for the purposes of grooming.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
erm no, he states more than once to the perp that "she" is under 16 and doesn't reply like an 18 year old. Some people look older than they are, you're telling me you wouldn't worry about them?

''She" does state she is under 16, however, from the few conversations I have read they always react with a certain tone of surprise, which leads me to believe "she" looks like 18. Which means they were not looking for children to have sex with.

I wouldn't worry about that girl because that kind of girl doesn't really try to dismiss any attempt of meeting up with her. "She" wasn't pressured into anything. "She" gave away her address out of her own volition and even told the specific time they should come so that "her" parents wouldn't be home. On one particular case "she" even told to the guy he could do whatever he wanted with "her".

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
They ruined their own life to be honest. And they were perfectly fine with ruining the life of someone they believed to be between age of 11-15.

So you're okay with destroying someone's life because they tried to pick up a teenager online? That's lovely.

Oh, and those people technically wouldn't be pedophiles. They're hebephiles and ephebophiles (or just horny since it's pretty normal to be attracted to teenagers).

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those people who pose as minors to trap people have fetishes, such as ageplay, themselves. I had a friend who told me she would be interested in doing that because it would give her an outlet for her Lolita fetish.

Wherenextcolumbus

''She" does state she is under 16, however, from the few conversations I have read they always react with a certain tone of surprise, which leads me to believe "she" looks like 18. Which means they were not looking after children to have sex with.

I wouldn't worry about that girl because that kind of girl doesn't really try to dismiss any attempt of meeting up with her. "She" wasn't pressured into anything. "She" gave away her address out of her own volition and even told the specific time they should come so that "her" parents wouldn't be home. On one particular case "she" even told to the guy he could do whatever he wanted with her.

So you wouldn't worry about a 12 year old girl, who looks older than what she is, meeting up with an adult because she is willing?

Wherenextcolumbus

So you're okay with destroying someone's life because they tried to pick up a teenager online? That's lovely.

Oh, and those people technically wouldn't be pedophiles. They're hebephiles and ephebophiles (or just horny since it's pretty normal to be attracted to teenagers).

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those people who pose as minors to trap people have fetishes, such as ageplay, themselves. I had a friend who told me she would be interested in doing that because it would give her an outlet for her Lolita fetish.

Are you trying to tell me something personal?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I am sort of torn on this one.
Part of me says to hell with these creeps. They deserve it. Part of me does see the issues. Like the legality of naming and shaming someone before a proper trial commences. After the trial, hell yes. Before, ehhhh.

Okay, so if someone is talking online to someone and age is stated, then that age is what usually constitutes as truth. Even if they look older. This is a popular tactic used by law enforcement in order to catch online predators. One has to be careful avoiding entrapment and instead mimic the replies of a typical child (the only problem with this is that many youngsters these days aren't "in the dark" so to speak.) Still if an adult male or female talks to a person claiming to be under 15, I personally don't care if the picture shows a voluptuous 26 year old. That picture is not always accurate anyway and the assumption is usually to believe what the stated age is. So with that in mind, no I have no sympathy for any man or woman who is told they are conversing with an underage person and proceeds to send sexually inappropriate material or engages in sexual dialogue. If they are 18 and the person says they are 15 maybe. But an 18 or older conversing with someone who tells them they are under 15, nope sorry. Lost me.

The only people I feel sorry for is any innocent family members caught in the crossfire (children, spouses hell even pets etc.) As for the actual person who engaged in sexual dialogue with someone who told them they were under the age of 15. Sorry, my more blind barbaric side wins. They can be tossed to the mob for all I care.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Really? Not the ones justifying online grooming? I'm sure I'm not the only one who found that extremely transparent

I wouldn't call talking sexy with a teenager "grooming". You've been a teenager before, right? Or maybe you're still a teen, I don't know. It's not like talking sexy to a 5 year old.

I'm amazed that this whole "pedo" witch hunt is still going on. I would've thought it would've burnt itself out by now and we'd be onto another target. It's like the "satanic panic" of the '80s and early '90s.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
''She" does state she is under 16, however, from the few conversations I have read they always react with a certain tone of surprise, which leads me to believe "she" looks like 18. Which means they were not looking for children to have sex with.

I wouldn't worry about that girl because that kind of girl doesn't really try to dismiss any attempt of meeting up with her. "She" wasn't pressured into anything. "She" gave away her address out of her own volition and even told the specific time they should come so that "her" parents wouldn't be home. On one particular case "she" even told to the guy he could do whatever he wanted with "her".

Many sexually abused children and teenagers are compliant and never really "forced" to do anything sexual by predators. Hell even in books! Ever read Lolita? Lol actually (supposedly) instigates the sexual relationship with Humbert. Usually we hold adults to account for indulging (for lack of a better word) in the proclivities of a teenager who is under age. Not the teenager themselves. That's why we have grooming laws in the first place. Well that and the whole manipulation thing common in pedophiles and I'd argue even some hebophiles, if we're being specific.

Wherenextcolumbus

I wouldn't call talking sexy with a teenager "grooming". You've been a teenager before, right? Or maybe you're still a teen, I don't know. It's not like talking sexy to a 5 year old.

I'm amazed that this whole "pedo" witch hunt is still going on. I would've thought it would've burnt itself out by now and we'd be onto another target. It's like the "satanic panic" of the '80s and early '90s.

Yeah I have been a teen in my school uniform and have been approached by older men, and I have been a teen online and have been asked if I was molested by a male family member by an older guy was getting off to me being 14 years of age! But nice one exposing yourself.