• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You have my deepest sympathy.

Strangely, we encourage it. We are trying to replace it with the O' Reilly theme song, because he's decided that to make the "Ow!" noise at the end, he needs to pinch someone.

Anytime he starts to talk about O' Reilly, we tell him to go listen to the Menard's song instead.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Strangely, we encourage it. We are trying to replace it with the O' Reilly theme song, because he's decided that to make the "Ow!" noise at the end, he needs to pinch someone.

Anytime he starts to talk about O' Reilly, we tell him to go listen to the Menard's song instead.
I don't think I've seen a commercial of theirs since they had that one guy who died a good while ago.

Shadow Wolf

Im at the doctors making sure the Cymbalta isn't messing me up. I'm having to wait in my car since I have symptoms overlapping with covid.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I don't know who O'Reilly is.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To me, that's a bit of nitpicking

So the difference between caffeine dependence and addiction to drugs like meth is that even a person who loves to drink coffee can do without it, deal with the headaches and irritability that result, and not engage in destructive (or self-destructive) behavior.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
6298b65465aa978001ed3b937e4d9528.jpg

caffein_deprivation_mouse_pad-r56792dc3576843df9e9ceccbe3fc92ae_x74vi_8byvr_307.jpg

Shadow Wolf

I've gotten withdrawl symptoms when I've quit and I'm not alone.
I get headaches. Myself, I do think caffeine is addictive and know of some places that to have a box to check it for drug dependencies. If it can cause discomfort and pain going without and you feel compelled enough that you have to have it, I would say that is addictive. Of course not something like crack, tobacco, or alcohol, but realistically it's becoming more accepted that sugar has some addictive qualities.
But officially it's not addictive. See my above post about muddied waters and how it's we have drugs "and alcohol."

Shadow Wolf

What's better?

(Please keep in mind that what I know about vehicles could fit on the head of a pin.)
Nappa and Car Quest for real stores. Generally not as cheap, but the improved quality is very much worth it.
RockAuto.com and CARiD.com for online. Which are usually better because you can often find some good parts at a good price, and Rock Auto even has categories that include economy brands and premium brands.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Nappa and Car Quest for real stores. Generally not as cheap, but the improved quality is very much worth it.
RockAuto.com and CARiD.com for online. Which are usually better because you can often find some good parts at a good price, and Rock Auto even has categories that include economy brands and premium brands.

We have a Napa. No Car Quest, though.

I do hear its more expensive.

I just send my old beasts to the mechanic, though.