• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'll have to think about that.
Think about how age brings many references lost to the inexperienced youth. To wit:

Jimmy Hatlo - Wikipedia

Tip of the Hatlo hat

His break came when a shipment of panels from syndicated cartoonist Tad Dorgan failed to arrive in the mail. Hatlo was pressed into service to create something to fill the space. What resulted was They'll Do It Every Time, an instant hit with San Francisco readers. After several days, he began to run short on ideas. Various people—including Pat Frayne, Hatlo's managing editor at the time, and Scoop Gleason, his sports editor—later claimed credit for what happened next; even so, it may have been Hatlo himself, to adopt the tactic of asking readers to submit their own ideas for the cartoons. Whatever the source, this gambit was a huge success. Hatlo picked the best submissions, and credited each contributor by name, in closing the such cartoon with a box that read, "Thanx and a tip of the Hatlo Hat to...", followed by the submitters’s name.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Think about how age brings many references lost to the inexperienced youth. To wit:

Jimmy Hatlo - Wikipedia

Tip of the Hatlo hat

His break came when a shipment of panels from syndicated cartoonist Tad Dorgan failed to arrive in the mail. Hatlo was pressed into service to create something to fill the space. What resulted was They'll Do It Every Time, an instant hit with San Francisco readers. After several days, he began to run short on ideas. Various people—including Pat Frayne, Hatlo's managing editor at the time, and Scoop Gleason, his sports editor—later claimed credit for what happened next; even so, it may have been Hatlo himself, to adopt the tactic of asking readers to submit their own ideas for the cartoons. Whatever the source, this gambit was a huge success. Hatlo picked the best submissions, and credited each contributor by name, in closing the such cartoon with a box that read, "Thanx and a tip of the Hatlo Hat to...", followed by the submitters’s name.

I wasn't thinking about the play on words (some might say bad pun or even Dad joke), I needed time to comprehend the fact that @Revoltingest may have provided useful information.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
1b7b35501e46013a82f2005056a9545d

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Neither random or miscellaneous but a quote I just had to put somewhere on RF. Referring to Trump's attempt to assert executive privilege to keep Congress from getting records:

“Presidents are not kings, and Plaintiff is not President,”

To which I add AMEN.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have found no more ticks on me. I hope that I am right about that.

I teach the kids to make sure they are properly dressed before going into the forest. I.e. decent boots, trousers tucked into socks, long sleeve tops. That only leaves hands and head to pick up ticks (or snake bite). So far its worked but we aren't in the countryside so i am sure it will happen sometime.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As if...

As if my eyes don't give be enough problems. Apart from bleeding red my eyesight has been pretty good... Guess who has catteracts!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I teach the kids to make sure they are properly dressed before going into the forest. I.e. decent boots, trousers tucked into socks, long sleeve tops. That only leaves hands and head to pick up ticks (or snake bite). So far its worked but we aren't in the countryside so i am sure it will happen sometime.
I go further, wearing clothing treated with permethrin
(a chrysanthemum extract or a synthetic). It kills'm
on contact. It really works.
Permethrin General Fact Sheet

Please excuse my being non-random & meaningful.
Toward that end, I offer....
TITLE-12.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Guess who has catteracts!

Cataracts are universal after a certain age. They might be slight as in my case or almost ready for the knife like my wife who needs them taken care of before she'll be able to renew her driver's license.

But I take it yours are more than slight.

Random: I hope I'm not slighting you.