• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Even better. Way WAY better...

66108173_378037839490567_4757657694454178089_n-61b2a93cac78d__880.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Grumble. I bought an HDMI/RCA cable and it did not work. The more expensive ones have a very clear arrow in the direction they work. Fortunately this is Amazon return time and all I need to do is take it to Whole Foods with the QR code they sent me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It is my anecdotal evidence that nicotine is vastly better for IBS than cannabis. I'm not constantly hungry since I started vaping again, and at times I kind of feel like Hubert Farnsworth when he got young.
And it's helping me stay focused and on task with things.
It's very difficult to any search engine info about strictly nicotine use because it's flooded with stuff about smoking and how allegedly nicotine itself is bad. Which it can be, fatal even, but it actually does help some conditions.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I did actually achieve a context in which it was ok to say get frustrated and annoyed and just not want to hear it during sex and just want to keep going anyways isn't a bad thing.:D
Though I will admit, after saying it felt really weird such a thing came out of my mouth, but I'm not wrong in this case so I didn't feel bad. Just saying something that in any other situation would very bad but it's not bad felt weird.:tearsofjoy:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
”Nu ska du få dina fiskar värmda.”

Literal translation: Now your fishes will be warmed.

It's another way of saying someone’s in trouble, or their “goose is cooked.”

The Swedish language is definitely not lacking in the threats department. They also have a saying, “nu har du satt din sista potatis,” which translates to “now you have planted your last potato.”

Imagine hearing Batman say “You’ve planted your last potato, Joker.” Doesn't have quite the intended effect.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Arabic

"At-Tikraar yu’allem al-Himaar.”

Literal translation: Repetition teaches the donkey.

Practice makes perfect, but it especially does for donkeys. Animal-themed wisdom at its finest.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
One more from Idioms from around the world that become hilarious when translated into English

Norwegian

Å snakke rett fra leveren.”

Literal translation: To speak directly from the liver.

When you say something without sugar-coating it, you are speaking directly from the liver. This dates back to a time when the liver was thought to be the magical organ that produced courage. So speaking from the liver is just like speaking from the heart, only down and to the right a little.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The best thing to happen to civil rights is
the ubiquity of cameras. So many lying
dangerous cops are caught now.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Pollotarians are known to incorporate different forms of poultry, like duck and turkey in their diet. Pollotarians may also eat dairy products. The term "pollo-vegetarian" was first used in nutritional textbooks in the 1980s to describe a semi-vegetarian diet that incorporates poultry