• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
35.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It would be totally rad if @ChristineM translate what the Merovingian (from the Matrix) says when he's speaking in French. But I do agree with what he said in English. The old Matrix had better stuff and we had better conversations without the damn cell phones.

Shadow Wolf

This is a good decision. The attorney client privilege
of privacy is a critically important civil right.
Would you advocate the NYT being able to violate it?
If it was acquired through normal journalist means then the wrong ones are being penalized. Like the Pentagon Papers. NYT was doing their job. Like they are now. The bigger concern is how these things are acquired.

Shadow Wolf

I have been planning on buying a big breakfast family pack from Dennys for breakfast tomorrow. My mom is complaining I'm planning on bringing it home to avoid the crowds, she's complaining no one will be waiting on her, and complaining I'm getting a thing with a ton of food rather than taking individual orders.
And with all that I really don't feel like following through with that plan.

Shadow Wolf

You know something has gone very wrong with your wedding when you get to the end of the aisle instead of the minister/priest...you see this

6.8-5pm-1024x538.jpg
Well, buns are just ugh so he kind of invited it and brought it upon them himself.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It would be totally rad if @ChristineM translate what the Merovingian (from the Matrix) says when he's speaking in French. But I do agree with what he said in English. The old Matrix had better stuff and we had better conversations without the damn cell phones.

I'd get a permanent ban if i posted it. Actually the profanity filter may explode, french can be very expressive

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If it was acquired through normal journalist means then the wrong ones are being penalized. Like the Pentagon Papers. NYT was doing their job. Like they are now. The bigger concern is how these things are acquired.
The Pentagon Papers weren't communication between
lawyer & client. If government removed that status of
privileged private communication, it would be a sea change
in the law....a really bad one. If such communications were
not private, then a judge could compel lawyers & clients to
divulge all communication as evidence.
So the judge ruled correctly (IMO).

Are you advocating eliminating this privilege for all?
Or just when a powerful leftish source gets info on a
pesky rightish one?

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'd get a permanent ban if i posted it. Actually the profanity filter may explode, french can be very expressive
At one point I looked up Mandarin insults and found there's a lot of culture at play.

肏你祖宗十八代 (cào nǐ zǔzōng shíbā dài)
As mentioned above, the insulting bloodline is a deep cut in Chinese. So when you use a swear that translates to “(eff) your ancestors to the eighteenth generation,” you know it’s a rather tense situation.

Now that you’ve got a taste for all the Chinese swear words out there, keep going. There are some doozies out there that weren’t fit for publication!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm so freaking tired of self appointed Covid experts that are not in medicine and running on fear..... ok...I'll stop now

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm so freaking tired of self appointed Covid experts that are not in medicine and running on fear..... ok...I'll stop now
Daughter caught Covid while waiting for her booster.
Of course, NYC was crowded & many people in line
eschewed masks. Ironic, eh.
Anyway, she was under the weather a few days.
And her sense of taste has already returned.