• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm putting up house numbers in me compound.
Amazon, FedEx, etc get confused with 2 houses.
I'm always surprised to hear of rideshare and delivery drivers who can't find the right spot. And it's rare that there's no way to find the right spot. The absolute worst I've had took four GPS thingies before I loaded one that was actually able to find the right place. Hard to find a house number? Even that can be narrowed down and the correct one chosen.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm always surprised to hear of rideshare and delivery drivers who can't find the right spot. And it's rare that there's no way to find the right spot. The absolute worst I've had took four GPS thingies before I loaded one that was actually able to find the right place. Hard to find a house number? Even that can be narrowed down and the correct one chosen.
My 2 houses both have the same address.
So GPS wouldn't help the drivers.
We're making our house #1, & the tenant's house #2.

Cops should get better directions for when they
need to break into a house. Then they wouldn't
shoot the wrong people so often.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm putting up house numbers in me compound.
Amazon, FedEx, etc get confused with 2 houses.

Our whole village has no house numbers. Often enough deliveries are returned to the depot. My trick is to provide my phone number. The driver calles just before reaching the village, i stand outside and flag the driver down.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Our whole village has no house numbers. Often enough deliveries are returned to the depot. My trick is to provide my phone number. The driver calles just before reaching the village, i stand outside and flag the driver down.

I could make a sick, sarcastic post about France but I won't. Think it, yes; post it, no.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Go ahead. I think it's cute.
Not enough ambition

c47366902ae6013a86a5005056a9545d

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not enough ambition

c47366902ae6013a86a5005056a9545d

That's almost as good as bush and his statement that the french don't have a word for entrepreneur.

They like to give delivery drivers (and emergency services) a little extra mystery in their jobs.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Every house has a number on it here, doesn't seem to help the delivery drivers find the right house though.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Here's a very informative video on how to use your brand-new dial telephone. What will they think of next?