• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I'm really disliking one of my coworkers at the moment..... his wife made almond/walnut/chocolate chip biscotti..... and he left them on the table near my desk....and I can't stop eating the dang things......
You just broke the fourth wall; forever destroying your bear persona,Mr.Wu Wei !

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This morning i was following a truck into Sarlat. The tailgate was emblazoned with the company name. Under which was the message

l'un d'une flotte de véhicules hybrides
40% Gasoil - 60% Impôts

In English
One of a fleet of hybrid vehicles.
40% Diesel - 60% Taxes.
What is fuel tax where you live?

52.2 center/gallon with regular gas just a bit below $5/gallon.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Homemade Chinese vegetable dumplings, made by an official Chinese person FROM mainland China, for lunch today...also having cauliflower with honey mustard dressing

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Homemade Chinese vegetable dumplings, made by an official Chinese person FROM mainland China, for lunch today...also having cauliflower with honey mustard dressing
So....dumplings,official Chinese person,lunch/cauliflower with..........of course suddenly you don't know any members who might be hungry who spend so much time trying to help you with ...er...stuff, okay don't share. Bozo!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
So....dumplings,official Chinese person,lunch/cauliflower with..........of course suddenly you don't know any members who might be hungry who spend so much time trying to help you with ...er...stuff, okay don't share. Bozo!

Actually, being a grumpy old bear I was kind of hoping there were others here that were hungry so I could NOT share any with them and tell them how delicious it was....emphasis on WAS!!!!! I ate it all...... all for me...none for you....

367565914_d602b9f781_b.jpg

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Actually, being a grumpy old bear I was kind of hoping there were others here that were hungry so I could NOT share any with them and tell them how delicious it was....emphasis on WAS!!!!! I ate it all...... all for me...none for you....

367565914_d602b9f781_b.jpg
Could you breathe the other way,PLEASE!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It varies across the US of A. There are federal, state, and local taxes of various sorts, including excise and sales taxes.

Article from the US Energy Information Agency...

How much tax do we pay on a gallon of gasoline and on a gallon of diesel fuel?
The taxes and other fees on retail gasoline and diesel fuel, in cents per gallon, as of July 1, 2021

Gasoline Diesel
Federal 18.40 24.40
Average of total state taxes 30.63 32.29
Federal taxes include excises taxes of 18.3 cents per gallon on gasoline and 24.3 cents per gallon on diesel fuel, and a Leaking Underground Storage Tank fee of 0.1 cents per gallon on both fuels. State taxes include rates of general application including, but not limited to, excise taxes, environmental taxes, special taxes, and inspection fees, but they exclude state taxes based on gross or net receipts. State taxes do not include county and local taxes. This information is for general informational purposes only.

Learn more:
State-by-state fuel taxes—includes federal and state-level taxes on motor gasoline, diesel fuel, aviation gasoline, and jet fuel
Historical federal and state taxes are available in the Federal Highway Administration’s Highway Statistics Series. In the 2019 edition, see tables:

• 8.2.1. Federal excise tax rates on motor fuels and lubricating oil
  • 8.2.3. State tax rates on motor fuel
  • 8.4.6. State tax rates on motor fuel
My typical drive between here and Indiana will have every state inbetween the way cheaper on gas.

Shadow Wolf

Because of the mountains separating CA from other states which effects supply and environmental laws, our gas prices are higher here.
We also get better roads for it. Save for the Mojave, I have yet to be worried about excessive potholes and potholes of excessive size.

Shadow Wolf

It's looking possible I have never had good front suspension in my car because until yesterday the vibration I feel has always been explained away by mechanics as "high mileage." This included the dealership mechanics just after I bought it. And helps explain why I go through tires so fast.
I should probably really just take some classes to learn what I don't know.