• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I know but it seems you must have lead the corporate sheltered life. And you you are experiencing the manuals written in Japlish, translated into Korabian and lost along the way to our side of the world.

This is the world we live in.

I like the one with...

Press the red button.

There is no red button but there is a green button with "RED" printed on it.

Even better is an error message that said "MySQLi extension for PHP - missing" and other like that and I was able to find the pattern so I did not have to search for the actual extension name every time.

There was a "joke" back in the day, 1980's or so, that went something like: The only error message one needs is a question mark. The experienced system administrator will know what's wrong from the context.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
After a day of IT lingo this is about where I am at the moment...

ezgif.com-resize-1.gif

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Realizing one of the biggest mistakes I mad was to give in last year, and finally show Mrs Wu how to operate the lawn sprinkler system.....it has run everyday this week and twice yesterday....... next she will complain about the water bill

Note: the second time it ran yesterday....was after it rained
Ya big dummy...got wet,huh....dry off.....use a Tao..!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm more than half crazy with an IT mess so profound that we wiped out the OS and started from scratch based on someone on the internet saying that was needed. That says a lot when I believe random internet people but it was that or start smashing walls with my 16lb sledgehammer.