• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
try this one on for size......Saw Ozzy in concert a few years back, Metallica was the opening band.... I left before Ozzy was done... I was not in the mood for him and I was especially not in the mood for his fans.... dodged waaay to many thrown chairs and various large projectiles once Ozzy started
Incomprehensible.
A Family Values Tour I was at, Stone Sour was on stage and Corey Taylor (who loves playing in Indiana) worked the crowd up into a riot. There's a ton of stuff in the air, including most kf the grass in the lawn section (large chunks were still missing for the concert the next week, XFest), tons of dirt, there are people moshing and fighting everywhere, a few fires, it was so chaotic security evacuted and a riot squad was called in and on standby. Corey Taylor interuppted a few songs laughing at what he saw, amd when they were done the two X103 morning DJs came out and told us to settle down before people start going to jail.
Best memory of my life, and it was made better by Stone Sour's following show in Indy (Jagermeister Winter Tour, I think) Corey mentioned what happened last time and said tonight we all do go to jail.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

This year’s 49 finalists — one name was discarded after MnDOT realized it had been selected previously — include Beyonsleigh, Taylor Drift and Aaron Brrrr, Sir. Voting continues through Sunday, and people don’t need to be Minnesota residents to weigh in.

Apparently, the practice of naming snowplows started in Scotland.

The agency knew officials in Scotland had named snowplows for years and decided a similar effort in Minnesota might draw attention to their winter work, Meyer said.

Besides Plowy McPlowFace and Darth Blader, winners over the years include Blizzard of Oz, Scoop Dogg and Han Snolo. Top names often have Minnesota connections. F. Salt Fitzgerald was a nod to St. Paul-born author F. Scott Fitzgerald, while The Truck Formerly Known As Plow recognized musician Prince, who for a time famously declined to be recognized by a spoken name.

The response in Minnesota has prompted states and cities across the country to hold similar contests to name snowplows, from Alaska and California to Ohio and Massachusetts.

Now, other states are getting in on the action and holding their own snowplow-naming contests.

In New Mexico, they have plows named "Sleetwood Mac, Mr. Snow it All and Billy the Skid."

Lincoln, Nebraska, also held its first snowplow-naming contest this year. More than 2,300 people voted to name eight city plows, with Clearopathra taking honors as the top selection.

“We hope this helps develop a closer relationship with people, and we can show them that we are human, too,” said Erika Hill, a spokesperson for Lincoln’s Transportation and Utilities department. “We’re laughing along with them about some of these great names.”

DBd1.gif

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Apparently, the practice of naming snowplows started in Scotland.

Now, other states are getting in on the action and holding their own snowplow-naming contests.

In New Mexico, they have plows named "Sleetwood Mac, Mr. Snow it All and Billy the Skid."

DBd1.gif

What's a snow plough?

They don't have them here, roads are not treated either. Mind you, we've only had about 3cm of snow total in all the time we've had this house (since 2009).

This is when 4wd comes into it's own.

We did have them in the UK though so yes i know what they are ;-)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What's a snow plough?

They don't have them here, roads are not treated either. Mind you, we've only had about 3cm of snow total in all the time we've had this house (since 2009).

This is when 4wd comes into it's own.

We did have them in the UK though so yes i know what they are ;-)

We do have some nearby mountain ranges where the mountain roads get snow, so there are a few snow plows in the general area. But they're not really needed where I live.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We do have some nearby mountain ranges where the mountain roads get snow, so there are a few snow plows in the general area. But they're not really needed where I live.

If it's snowing in france it usually ends about 100km north of us.

When we came to sign for this house our flight here was cancelled... ;-( . Had to postpone the handover for 4 days. When we arrived there was still deep snow. Hired a car and headed south. Snow stopped, sun shon. When we arrived at our hotel the owner was in tee shirt and shorts cleaning the outside pool.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Well....took the passenger side mirror of my SUV..... oops
So.... I will not be able to buy the aforementioned bear for @sun rise either