• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The 20th Maine Regiment fought heroically at Gettysburg and other battles in the Civil War.

Chuckle.
We went to a (British) civil war re-enactment. Tinder from a canon ignited a haystack. Volunteers and soldiers were quickly running to the scene when a police helicopter flew in to see what was happening.
The downdraft scattered the fire, setting alight the surrounding fields and 4 other haystacks.
Interesting day out.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Chuckle.
We went to a (British) civil war re-enactment. Tinder from a canon ignited a haystack. Volunteers and soldiers were quickly running to the scene when a police helicopter flew in to see what was happening.
The downdraft scattered the fire, setting alight the surrounding fields and 4 other haystacks.
Interesting day out.
British people reenact the American Civil War? It never occurred to me. :tearsofjoy: Kinda funny.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Then there's a real "you know, this means war", cat style

sad-cat.gif

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Oh...and a warning to all.... I am 2 hours overdue to lunch and I am one HUNGRY bear....

grizzly-bear-portrait.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I now have to clean my teeth before my dentist appointment. I don't want a hygienist going "tsk tsk" along with disapproving jabs with very sharp instruments at the food between my teeth from lunch.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The Brits, especially the upper class, does not believe in civility along with keeping "a stiff upper lip, what"?

Dunno, I've never met one like that. I thought my hubbies parents were upper class but they don't sound/act like toffee nosed twits with a plum in their mouths

I not even sure the 1950 BBC upper class twit existed in the 1950s, maybe a stereotype of the 1850s true blue wigg