• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I do believe I messed my knee up again. I'm getting tired of this happening every few years.
I suppose at least my vacation will probably get extended (it hurts to open a door let alone rip and tear bags and tubes for a fews). I was selling own plasma and wondered what the serious hell im doing there. I need to really learn how to sell my high earning skills like editing. I love stabbing people, but I hate most the people I work with, I'll never get ahead, I'm very good at what I do, I can do so much better and editors can make six digits a year. And I'm confident that while I'll never be able to do it as fast as AI, I can do it better. I'll bet my soul against a type writer of gold that I'm better than AI at that and writing.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
My oldest turns 18 in three weeks.

I just caught wind that his father is trying to get him to move in over there.... so he can help him pay bills because his wife left him.

During the 3 years we were together while my son was around, he worked for half a year. During the 15 years I cared for my son without him, he paid child support perhaps 6 years. And now he wants his son to move in and take care of him...

He also tried to convince him that his temper is too bad, and he shouldn't be around his brothers. That's not even true. He's gaslighting him(I think that's the word?)

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

I just caught wind that his father is trying to get him to move in over there.... so he can help him pay bills because his wife left him.

During the 3 years we were together while my son was around, he worked for half a year. During the 15 years I cared for my son without him, he paid child support perhaps 6 years. And now he wants his son to move in and take care of him...
People like that make me sick. I should be able to give him papercuts across his lips with my paystubs and slap him with my good arm.
While I'm tearing myself up mind and body trying to stay employed people like that just don't try. I'm a Satanist and I have to swallow my pride that people who aren't as good as me get way further ahead.
What do you think your son will do?

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
People like that make me sick. I should be able to give him papercuts across his lips with my paystubs and slap him with my good arm.
While I'm tearing myself up mind and body trying to stay employed people like that just don't try. I'm a Satanist and I have to swallow my pride that people who aren't as good as me get way further ahead.
What do you think your son will do?
I edited the above... its even more screwed up...

My husband has started talking with him about why this is a bad idea... He's going to continue to do so.

The fact that his dad told him he's a threat to his brothers is disgusting. He's not harmed his brothers, other than normal sibling rivalry over toys when him and Ares were little.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

He also tried to convince him that his temper is too bad, and he shouldn't be around his brothers. That's not even true. He's gaslighting him(I think that's the word?)
I would call it gaslighting as well.

Shadow Wolf

I edited the above... its even more screwed up...
I tend to avoid the word gaslighting anymore due to the buzzword/trendy/pop psych nature of it. It's the fleeting 2020 way to say manipulation, and also gets bled into trying to use it for disagreements.
But what the father is doing is manipulation.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I tend to avoid the word gaslighting anymore due to the buzzword/trendy/pop psych nature of it. It's the fleeting 2020 way to say manipulation, and also gets bled into trying to use it for disagreements.
But what the father is doing is manipulation.
Perhaps so.

I feel more profanity oughta be woven into that, though, to properly display the lowness of his behavior.

Shadow Wolf

Today I did take a big step and acknowledged my friends here as friends to their faces when we met today. It doesn't seem much, but that's a level of vulnerability and openness I just don't show. It's uncomfortable.
If they hurt me now Im'a havta kill them after I've cut of their faces and worn them as a mask and showed them off to the others.

Shadow Wolf

I also decided to try the free month of BetterHelp I get for being a member a member of the honor society I belong to.
It's not better. She didn't listen to me. I forgot what she called it, but she explained it and oh yeah, I try to do that everyday. So my homework is something that I already do.
Which isn't even what I took the offer up for. I've hit a crossroads where emotions are tinting my choices, amd they aren't good emotions. Physical pain, emotional pain, a bruised ego, I'm clearly not in the best state of mind or perspective for a clear.view to for objectively evaluating furture choices and a disinterested party who offers professional help with such things is what I need.
But I got someone who's the same wanker who kept recommending Harry Potter stuff to me. It's the same one who said he's not very sociable and doing well (after I told him my struggles make it very hard for me to even get a job).
If that's Help, it isn't Better.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I also decided to try the free month of BetterHelp I get for being a member a member of the honor society I belong to.
It's not better. She didn't listen to me. I forgot what she called it, but she explained it and oh yeah, I try to do that everyday. So my homework is something that I already do.
Which isn't even what I took the offer up for. I've hit a crossroads where emotions are tinting my choices are ultimately tint the lenses I'm evaluating from, amd they aren't good emotions. Physical pain, emotional pain, a bruised ego, I'm clearly not in the best state of mind or perspective for a clear.view to for objectively evaluating furture choices and a disinterested party who offers professional help with such things is what I need.
But I got someone who's the same wanker who kept recommending Harry Potter stuff to me. It's the same one who said he's not very sociable and doing well (after I told him my struggles make it very hard for me to even get a job).
If that's Help, it isn't Better.
Ugh

Shadow Wolf

I do wish I could find an actual real life friends who's intellectually on par for me. Today one of my friends told me about "Goth Country." I say that sounds like Ambrose Bierce and William Faulkner. She shakes her head abit and mutters out a scrunched together "Iunno."
The last person I had to hang out with who would have known who those are, hamg out with her was all I could do with her because she wasn't a good person. But it did make it fun though. We hung out, we partied, and because it was absolutely necessary to keep her at a distance it was actually a lot of fun because that's about all it could be. Anything more than that risked some harsh consequences that could cost me friendships.
But we could discuss art, philosophy, psychology, science, religion (yes, this was someone I actually discussed the topic with) and understand each other.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
my-roombas-name-is-lightning-mcclean-v0-vntvyl0y500d1.jpeg

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
Today I did take a big step and acknowledged my friends here as friends to their faces when we met today. It doesn't seem much, but that's a level of vulnerability and openness I just don't show. It's uncomfortable.
If they hurt me now Im'a havta kill them after I've cut of their faces and worn them as a mask and showed them off to the others.
That is a big step. It can be hard for me to declare a person 'friend', too.

I do wish I could find an actual real life friends who's intellectually on par for me. Today one of my friends told me about "Goth Country." I say that sounds like Ambrose Bierce and William Faulkner. She shakes her head abit and mutters out a scrunched together "Iunno."
The last person I had to hang out with who would have known who those are, hamg out with her was all I could do with her because she wasn't a good person. But it did make it fun though. We hung out, we partied, and because it was absolutely necessary to keep her at a distance it was actually a lot of fun because that's about all it could be. Anything more than that risked some harsh consequences that could cost me friendships.
But we could discuss art, philosophy, psychology, science, religion (yes, this was someone I actually discussed the topic with) and understand each other.
I've given up on finding real life friends. I've got one, and I'm thankful for that, at least.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
Why did his wife leave him?
I'm really not sure. I do know her family was from elsewhere, and that she kept having to return to care for them. She's been gone several months caring for them. Perhaps he refused to relocate(he was always very sensitive about the idea of leaving home, and his refusal to move out of his father's home contributed to major stress for us), perhaps they grew apart. He also has a history of not being kind to his significant others; perhaps he started in on the old pattern. Perhaps the distance caused them to grow apart. Its just speculation, though.
That's really low of the father.
Yeah, that is.

I learned last night he convinced my son to give him the new smart watch he bought for himself... he said he'd trade him his old watch(wasn't a smart watch), and convinced him it was super valuable. It isn't. Its a run of the mill Wal;-Mart style watch.

I fear if he moves in over there, he'll lose his job and won't participate in the vocational rehab program he's been enrolled in. He's been declared 'significantly disabled'. His dad has never taken him to the doctor, or worked with his mental health person, or gone to any school events. He doesn't really understand the level of care he needs. Just because he magically turns 18 doesn't mean those disabilities disappear, and that he's a big boy and can take over paying his bills. He still needs assistance with every day life. These are the skills the vocational rehab program teaches, and it was a real blessing he got into it, and it will be of major detriment to him if he doesn't participate. He also does not take his meds when he's at his dad's, and his dad doesn't take any initiative to see that he does that. He has a form of OCD in which he'll starve himself if his meds are off, and he becomes explosive. Him no longer taking his meds would be a very bad thing.

Not to mention all the racist, homophobic commentary that spews from that man's mouth... It really upsets my son(who is bisexual, and his father is unaware), but he isn't confident in telling him to stop. It would not be good for his mental health to hear that every day.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I just spent over an hour and a half on the phone with someone from India who I could barely understand. ADT. I am still not sure he got it right.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
I learned last night he convinced my son to give him the new smart watch he bought for himself... he said he'd trade him his old watch(wasn't a smart watch), and convinced him it was super valuable. It isn't. Its a run of the mill Wal;-Mart style watch.

This tells me everything that I need to know about that guy.

These are the skills the vocational rehab program teaches, and it was a real blessing he got into it, and it will be of major detriment to him if he doesn't participate.

I hope your son remains in that program. It is indeed a blessing that he got into it.

He has a form of OCD in which he'll starve himself if his meds are off, and he becomes explosive. Him no longer taking his meds would be a very bad thing.

He should definitely stay with you guys for the sake of his well-being.