• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1715473321663.png

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I had some good, fun memories brought back watching the movie. Lots of them related to how big of a Star Wars nerd I was in my youth, but also when I first picked up a pvc pipe long enough to use a Mauls lightsaber. I was clumsy at first, but about 20 years later I would be impressing people with my skills to "kung fu that ****." (like deflecting arrows with a staff)
I only wish there would have been a theater full of people for me to scream "MASTER!!!" when Maul first appears on screen.:tearsofjoy:

Shadow Wolf

I noticed some other things to support Darth Binks that don't get mentioned in the videos amd sites I've seen.
Jar Jar takes a nut shot from a pit driod like it was absolutely nothing when in it's inconsequential, but during the Battle of Naboo and someone might notice he appears hurt landing on the cannon of a tank.
Qui Gon sedated him with the Force. Obi Wan replies "you over did it." Maybe a minute later, if that, Binks is awake again.
It gets mentioned but worth reiterating, if it's important Binks inserts himself.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I had some good, fun memories brought back watching the movie. Lots of them related to how big of a Star Wars nerd I was in my youth, but also when I first picked up a pvc pipe long enough to use a Mauls lightsaber. I was clumsy at first, but about 20 years later I would be impressing people with my skills to "kung fu that ****." (like deflecting arrows with a staff)
I only wish there would have been a theater full of people for me to scream "MASTER!!!" when Maul first appears on screen.:tearsofjoy:

First time I saw Star Wars was at a movie theater in Los Angeles in 1977. I went with my mom and her then boyfriend at the time. The theater was packed, so we couldn't find three seats together. We had to sit separately, wherever we could find a seat. The audience was quite rowdy and animated, giving a loud crescendo of "boos" when Darth Vader first showed up on the screen. Loud cheers and applause when the Death Star was destroyed.

At the time, we didn't know there was going to be any sequel. At the time, I think it was viewed as kind of a campy but fun, kind of like old "space opera" with an updated twist and entertainment that you didn't have to think about too much. Escapist fantasy, unlike some of the other classics from that decade, like Taxi Driver or The Godfather.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
First time I saw Star Wars was at a movie theater in Los Angeles in 1977. I went with my mom and her then boyfriend at the time. The theater was packed, so we couldn't find three seats together. We had to sit separately, wherever we could find a seat. The audience was quite rowdy and animated, giving a loud crescendo of "boos" when Darth Vader first showed up on the screen. Loud cheers and applause when the Death Star was destroyed.

At the time, we didn't know there was going to be any sequel. At the time, I think it was viewed as kind of a campy but fun, kind of like old "space opera" with an updated twist and entertainment that you didn't have to think about too much. Escapist fantasy, unlike some of the other classics from that decade, like Taxi Driver or The Godfather.
We had a very weird but understanding boss at the time. The entire tech team went to see Star Trek back in the day. I'll just say that in spite of some oddities on his behavior, he had one really dedicated team for that event and other similar reasons.

Shadow Wolf

That describes when I saw the Trilogy and Prequels in theater, but add costumes and toy lightsabers. They were a lot of fun.
I think it was viewed as kind of a campy but fun, kind of like old "space opera" with an updated twist and entertainment that you didn't have to think about too much. Escapist fantasy, unlike some of the other classics from that decade, like Taxi Driver or The Godfather.
Pretty much. It's a fun, strange alien world that has aged well even without all the added extras and various changes.