• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
0ee.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Mace Windu seemed to be the only one tough enough
Expect anything less? It's Mace Windu/Samuel L Jackson. Even his lightsaber has BMF (****** mother ****er) inscribed on it.
Thinking on this, I was considering other match-ups between Jedi and Sith, and it seems that Jedi tend to struggle most of the time when battling the Sith. Obi Wan lost to Vader in the first Star Wars, and Luke barely escaped while losing an arm in Empire Strikes Back. He did a little better against Vader in Return of the Jedi, but still lost and was saved only because Vader had a change of heart.

And as you mention, it took two Jedi to defeat Darth Maul. Yoda and Count Dooku fought to a draw, after Dooku made short work of Anakin and Obi Wan. Mace Windu seemed to be the only one tough enough to defeat Sidious, but got betrayed by Anakin at the last moment. Then Yoda had to flee from Sidious.
That's the power of the dark side, the power of giving over to anger and hatred.

Wirey

Fartist
I have an employee who is doing everything he can to have me release him back to industry. I hate to fire a guy who's wife is presently unemployed, but he's getting really, really close.

Shadow Wolf

Thinking on this, I was considering other match-ups between Jedi and Sith, and it seems that Jedi tend to struggle most of the time when battling the Sith. Obi Wan lost to Vader in the first Star Wars, and Luke barely escaped while losing an arm in Empire Strikes Back. He did a little better against Vader in Return of the Jedi, but still lost and was saved only because Vader had a change of heart.

And as you mention, it took two Jedi to defeat Darth Maul. Yoda and Count Dooku fought to a draw, after Dooku made short work of Anakin and Obi Wan. Mace Windu seemed to be the only one tough enough to defeat Sidious, but got betrayed by Anakin at the last moment. Then Yoda had to flee from Sidious.
Now that I'm more able to reply, consider what Palpatine tells Luke in Jedi as he's trying to provoke him. He told to give in to his hatred and only then would he be powerful enough to strike down the Emperor.
It's often implied and stated the Dark Side is a quicker and more powerful way to wield the Force.
But that lightsaber fight, there's also the fact Qui Gon is six foot something and stiff like it, Maul is shorter but more importantly faster, more agile and athletic. It's not the Hulk vs Spiderman, but it's the same principles.

Shadow Wolf

I have an employee who is doing everything he can to have me release him back to industry. I hate to fire a guy who's wife is presently unemployed, but he's getting really, really close.
We need to do some switching as I have an employer treating me like I should be back in industy despite the comments from donors I get almost daily.
Just send him here, I'll go there, we'll swap jobs and everything will be good.

Wirey

Fartist
We need to do some switching as I have an employer treating me like I should be back in industy despite the comments from donors I get almost daily.
Just send him here, I'll go there, we'll swap jobs and everything will be good.
Got a degree in engineering? Or the ability to smite my enemies?

Shadow Wolf

The neighbor's daughter, around 18, apparently she thinks I'm so cool (she likes the dark stuff) she died her own hair green.

Shadow Wolf

I've got a wee bit of engineering experience and can learn more.
Smite your enemies? If I get to go from getting paid to stabbing people to smiting people then that I consider the promotion of a lifetime.
Is driving your enemies to suicide within company guidelines?

Shadow Wolf

That gives me a good idea for a story. Combine a few female serial killers (aka the real crazy *****es), add in a rural Hoosier work ethic, my own life long struggles against corporate bungholes, amd I have got a dark comedy the kids will love.:smilecat:

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That's the power of the dark side, the power of giving over to anger and hatred.
Philosophically there is more to the dark side than anger and hatred, because The Last Jedi The Force Awakens (oops got the names mixed up) film explains that there is. The Jedi cannot deal with it for some reason, so they can't be balanced users of both sides of the force. It goes hand in hand, presumably, with their asexuality. In order to use the force without touching the dark side they give up part of themselves presumably. Monks they are and sad ones, too.

Yoda's species seems like an exception. They don't turn to the dark side, but they seem able to deal with dark side powers. Yoda is not purely a light force user. He can store and return dark force powers as we see in epi II (or III).

Shadow Wolf

I believe Jar Jar Binks is a very deceptive amd very powerful Sith. Even the first time I saw Phantom Menace I thought he was a Jedi or Sith or would be trained to be one.