• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This oversized paperwieght requires some work to get linux properly on it. I have to find my smaller screwdriver to take the battery out.
Chome is not linux though you can install a partially enabled linux on it. I'm guessing you were assuming you could just simply replace ChromOS with linux.

I have a Chromebook that works just fine. I knew it was limited when I bought it but for a travel computer it does what I want.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Chome is not linux though you can install a partially enabled linux on it. I'm guessing you were assuming you could just simply replace ChromOS with linux.
I am going to purge ChromeOS from this machine and save its soul from this poison. I did the double checking knowing the model name. It's going to require a bit of an operation to do it so the checks get bypassed, hence my need of finding my smaller screwdriver (one small enough for glasses), but it will be done. I've done way harder (including hooking two computers together while booting fast enough to bypass the checksums), I've even made tools for stuff like this with other machines. It's going to happen. It's work related, it's personal, ChromeOS will be purged from this machine.
I got this primarily for my business stuff and coding. I hate just about everything about it. The USB port isn't even strong enough to power the controller I use for a mouse (a big problem for my shoulders, but a problem I've taken care of in other things), there are no ports for an external display, and the other problems that come with a Chromebook (no F-keys, only one mouse button).

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Some people want a hammer to be as powerful as a jackhammer. Others use tools for the purposes they were designed to address.
Actually I was thinking about this hammer
1-caterpillar-demolition.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I am going to purge ChromeOS from this machine and save its soul from this poison. I did the double checking knowing the model name. It's going to require a bit of an operation to do it so the checks get bypassed, hence my need of finding my smaller screwdriver (one small enough for glasses), but it will be done. I've done way harder (including hooking two computers together while booting fast enough to bypass the checksums), I've even made tools for stuff like this with other machines. It's going to happen. It's work related, it's personal, ChromeOS will be purged from this machine.

I got this primarily for my business stuff and coding. I hate just about everything about it. The USB port isn't even strong enough to power the controller I use for a mouse (a big problem for my shoulders, but a problem I've taken care of in other things), there are no ports for an external display, and the other problems that come with a Chromebook (no F-keys, only one mouse button).
Mind has a typical trackpad 2 area left/right mouse.

Shadow Wolf

Mind has a typical trackpad 2 area left/right mouse.
Mine is definitely like the one my oldest nephew had.
About the only perk of this one is a sim card slot for wifi access anywhere-ish, amd as it was an offer from Verizon I have a sim card from them in there. I'm curious if it will work after Chrome is gone.
And I need to fix the damn USB port so it gets the proper power output of a USB port. That one's actually really pissing me off because it hurts my shoulders to use a mouse and it won't power what I use.

Shadow Wolf

Lately I've been practicing with my laro sword and a short quarter staff pipe. It's very wierd using my right arm as a normal arm for this.
But after my left shoulder is better I habe some LARPing to do. I won't be a dark elf again (not without the light makeup requirements of the last place) but the character is intented to incarnate as different races, gathering knowledge and wisdom across many lifetimes and forms until this character is resurrected to the original dark elf form.
She's gonna be pissed the people who brought her back neglected to bring her pipe as instructed in the ritual notes. This is meant to be a nod to Tolkien and Einstein, who loved their pipes and to spark conversion how nicotine itself has medicinal uses, and mind your own business and stuff.