• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
90edc9255ad708e15e88586eb7703007.gif

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
well well well...got am email from the corp that was in the tone of an edict... I am to refer all issues to their help desk...... problem is, I don't work for them so...no... I don't think so......

There are several people her that know I am looking to retire, and much to my surprise, some have told me that if I retire... they are going to retirte because they don't want to deal with the corp bureaucracy, lack of response and extended response times with they do decide to respond

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
well well well...got am email from the corp that was in the tone of an edict... I am to refer all issues to their help desk...... problem is, I don't work for them so...no... I don't think so......

There are several people her that know I am looking to retire, and much to my surprise, some have told me that if I retire... they are going to retirte because they don't want to deal with the corp bureaucracy, lack of response and extended response times with they do decide to respond
They'll miss the mauling of corp perverts.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

"I thought there was a leak or someone was stealing my electricity or the meter was faulty because something wasn't right," he told CBS Sacramento.

A utility company employee came to examine Wilson's meter and discovered the company had been charging him for the unit next door, instead of his own apartment.

Wilson said the mix-up may have been happening for the entire 18 years that he has lived in the apartment.

"We acknowledge an error occurred in this instance, and we are fully committed to rectifying the situation with the customer and make the customer whole," PG&E said in a statement.

That's a rather odd way of putting it. "Make the customer whole."

I had a friend who used to work as a meter reader in Los Angeles. He told me he went into some pretty dangerous neighborhoods.

Still, it seems strange that a screw-up like this could go on for 18 years.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I watched When Evil Lurks last night. It was not the normal "I'm gonna laugh at how cheesy this is" and infact it makes the Exorcist look like the Wizard of Oz.
I was already drawn in, but that goat scene had me welded to the screen.
Joe Bob Briggs was right in that it's some serious horror.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So demonstrating you're a well trained couch potatoe means you should work in IT?
1 in a million.

Real IT world:
  • change the toner cartridge on the printer
  • move my monitor because the sun is in my eyes
  • I need to leave for a customer presentation in 10 minutes and need a demo disk now (before the internet)
  • "corner-office syndrome"
I wrote this one day when the mess I was dealing with became too much. The company no longer exists.

This place is like wandering thru a fog bank. Sometimes phrases like​
"job description", "organization structure", "plans", "timelines",​
"infrastructure" appear briefly and hazily thru the mist before vanishing​
back into nothingness. You try to walk toward the last location of these​
things but then bump into a tree or trip over a log labeled "this too has​
changed without notice". When you do spot a bit of clarity all you see is​
a number of people either chasing their own tails or a group all chasing​
each others tails in a chaotic assemblage.​

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
1 in a million.

Real IT world:
  • change the toner cartridge on the printer
  • move my monitor because the sun is in my eyes
  • I need to leave for a customer presentation in 10 minutes and need a demo disk now (before the internet)
  • "corner-office syndrome"
I wrote this one day when the mess I was dealing with became too much. The company no longer exists.

This place is like wandering thru a fog bank. Sometimes phrases like​
"job description", "organization structure", "plans", "timelines",​
"infrastructure" appear briefly and hazily thru the mist before vanishing​
back into nothingness. You try to walk toward the last location of these​
things but then bump into a tree or trip over a log labeled "this too has​
changed without notice". When you do spot a bit of clarity all you see is​
a number of people either chasing their own tails or a group all chasing​
each others tails in a chaotic assemblage.​
That reads like a lot of things I've read about the tech world.
Ever read Microserfs by Douglas Coupland?