• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is 4.5 megabytes of data:

1727805248368.png

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Well WHADDAYA KNOW!!!! An email just went out from the main office I work for and the corporation that is taking over and I am now....

superfluous, nonessential, uncalled-for, unrequired, and unwanted..... yet I will still get paid..... not going anywhere...and no one yet does the stuff I do here..... I wonder if this means I can sit at my desk read books and scan the internet all day......while the stuff I am not longer needed for, that has to get done, goes to straight to hell in a hand basket

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is 4.5 megabytes of data:

View attachment 97749
In my youth us geeks played with an IBM 1410 (long story). Part of the reason is that we modified a card loader to not need 1/2 of the card for loader information but instead just use the last few places for a card number. The staff loved not having to feed as many cards and those above them loved that more jobs could be run.

We also had access to the Physics Department IBM 1620 but that's another story.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Well WHADDAYA KNOW!!!! An email just went out from the main office I work for and the corporation that is taking over and I am now....

superfluous, nonessential, uncalled-for, unrequired, and unwanted..... yet I will still get paid..... not going anywhere...and no one yet does the stuff I do here..... I wonder if this means I can sit at my desk read books and scan the internet all day......while the stuff I am not longer needed for, that has to get done, goes to straight to hell in a hand basket

The internet is full of stories about people who are paid without having any work. So you might enjoy having more time to not get involved with certain threads on RF :p

Wu Wei

The internet is full of stories about people who are paid without having any work. So you might enjoy having more time to not get involved with certain threads on RF :p
No, I stay out of threads that are based purely on fantasy and illusion

Wu Wei

Methinks you missed the "NOT get involved".

But from a certain perspective, everything is illusion except Divinity. So this thread is illusory as well.
So then why are we talking then.... are you just a figment of my imagination, or am I a figment of your imagination.... and which one of us imagined @Revoltingest...... or is he imagining us all :cool:

Wu Wei

But all of a sudden I am in the mood for this

Video unavailable
This video contains content from SESAC. It is not available in your country.
What country are you in? I thought the USA, which is where I am...that is unless Arizona succeeded

Society of European Stage Authors and Composers!!!! HUH!!!! Twisted Sister is an American band

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Video unavailable
This video contains content from SESAC. It is not available in your country.

So, what the heck is SESAC?

That is probably not what people expected when they tried to stream Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep or other songs from artists as varied as Kendrick Lamar, Britney Spears, Green Day, Kanye West, and Burna Boy.

This leaves two questions: what is SESAC, and when is the music coming back?

SESAC stands for the Society of European Stage Authors and Composers, which has been around since 1930 and, according to its website, “...currently licenses the public performance of more than 1.5 million songs on behalf of its 15,000+ affiliated songwriters, composers, and music publishers.”

It’s smaller than similar organizations like BMI and ASCAP, but SESAC lists many big-name artists in its portfolio. In 2017, it was acquired by the private equity firm Blackstone.

For a moment, I almost confused Blackstone with Blackwater.