• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
d7d4652f9a83050493b3acd44f3b8b37--funniest-pictures-random-pictures.jpg
You are so dang jealous aren't you

Wu Wei

Is it really Maine? Or is it still Massachusetts deep down inside?

Many here probably already knew that Maine was once part of Massachusetts, but just in case, here is a map to show it:

View attachment 97906

Vermont also had to be carved out of a section of New York. This other map shows just how much Massachusetts and Virginia were quite expansionist in the early days.

View attachment 97907

If this map still held true today, then both @Wu Wei and @Revoltingest would be living in Massachusetts.
No one alive today lived in Maine when it was Massachusetts..... And speaking as one who grew up in Massachusetts, and still goes there, and spent and spends a lot of time in Maine...... take from me...its Maine.... by map, name, environment, culture, taxes and attitude

Wu Wei

All right
I got somethin' to say
Yeah, it's better to burn out
Yeah, than fade away

oh and incase you're wondering Gunter gleiben glauchen globen means Gunter believes in globes

dfnq5xi-092c5b7f-ac65-4dea-b719-c491ea862d33.gif

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No one alive today lived in Maine when it was Massachusetts..... And speaking as one who grew up in Massachusetts, and still goes there, and spent and spends a lot of time in Maine...... take from me...its Maine.... by map, name, environment, culture, taxes and attitude

My impression is that Maine still has a bit of the old rustic, modest attitude, whereas Massachusetts people seem to think they're so great and try to bask in the limelight. Bunker Hill, Boston Tea Party, the Kennedys, Harvard, Pahk the Cah while I go play the grand piano.