• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
The damnedest thing occurred today. On my way to work, I stopped by a GS convenience store just around the corner from my workplace. I grabbed a bottle of tea and two cans of Ceylon tea. The nice and friendly woman who works there scanned the bottle and then the two cans of Ceylon tea. Then, she stopped and looked at them and said something in Korean, pointed at them, and said 'One.' I thought she meant 'Get one more' because a lot of products are either 1+1 or 2+1. No, she meant something else. She got onto a translator app and showed me that she cannot sell me two of them because the product is not an 'event item.' So, she reimbursed me for one of the cans, and all I was able to walk out with was the bottle of tea and one can of Ceylon tea. When I got to work I was thinking, 'What the hell! Doesn't she want to make as much money as she can?' I told another foreign teacher about it and he said that he has never experienced that sort of thing before, and he has been in Korea longer than me.

'And he marvelled . . .'
That's weird!

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
first thing that popped up in google search for event item:

Event Items are products that are associated with an event that may be for sale or available at no cost.

I don't see how/why this would affect your purchase...

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It's silver colored.
Lishi-2-in-1-tool-SC1_03bdfe51-9294-47a5-a06b-e8c147ff1e43.cebe461a66dea02a009169b6721ae5a3.jpeg
well that's disappointing... and it doesn't even have a 2 prong crown either..... how sub-par.... how plebeian.... how low class...... sad...so very sad

I mean you should, at the very least, have a green thumb brace..... at least then it would be a little less of an embarrassment

green-back__27877.1721266238.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
well that's disappointing... and it doesn't even have a 2 prong crown either..... how sub-par.... how plebeian.... how low class...... sad...so very sad

I mean you should, at the very least, have a green thumb brace..... at least then it would be a little less of an embarrassment

green-back__27877.1721266238.jpg
Your thumb brace is like training wheels on a bike.
But I suppose a bear with clumsy claws would need it.
BTW, you pick isn't compatible with the Schlage locks we just re-pinned.
Wrong keyway.

Wu Wei

Your thumb brace is like training wheels on a bike.
But I suppose a bear with clumsy claws would need it.
listen... I realize you are jealous of my flaunting my superiority... but I can't help it if the truth hurts sometimes...you should take it as a learning experience.... and a goal to shoot for.... although in your case it is an unobtainable goal.... but just the same...its a goal...and ultimately you will be better for it.... not as good as me obviously.... but better than you are now

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
listen... I realize you are jealous of my flaunting my superiority... but I can't help it if the truth hurts sometimes...you should take it as a learning experience.... and a goal to shoot for.... although in your case it is an unobtainable goal.... but just the same...its a goal...and ultimately you will be better for it.... not as good as me obviously.... but better than you are now
I'll bet you've never picked or re-pinned a lock.
Too busy rummaging thru pickanick baskets,
which aren't locked.

Wu Wei

I'll bet you've never picked or re-pinned a lock.
Too busy rummaging thru pickanick baskets,
which aren't locked.
listen...trying to change the subject is no way to deal with your issues and you jealousy..... just face it...own it.... and understand that I am simply superior..... believe me...you will feel better....I mean you may still have a an inferiority complex.... but just a little less.....just a little less loathing when you look in the mirror is a good thing

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
listen...trying to change the subject is no way to deal with your issues and you jealousy..... just face it...own it.... and understand that I am simply superior..... believe me...you will feel better....I mean you may still have a an inferiority complex.... but just a little less.....just a little less loathing when you look in the mirror is a good thing
I am so jealous of the great respect you command.
And your muzzle is so attractive.
cirbe.jpg