• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
@Wu Wei better watch out.

This is behind a WaPo paywall but the headline itself should be worrying him. It's not as the headline says, true roadkill, but rather protein that might be found on a road.

Fried bear. Snake over rice. Everything’s fair game at the Roadkill Cook-Off.

Years ago, there was a sense that the shindig cast West Virginians in a bad light by leaning too far into stereotypes of “roadkill and hillbillies and stuff,” says Marlinton native Joshua Barkley, who wears a fox pelt hat, pioneer fringe jacket and a bowie knife hanging on one hip and a flintlock pistol on the other.​
“But,” he says, “this is just who we are.”​

imrs.php

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

This is behind a WaPo paywall but the headline itself should be worrying him. It's not as the headline says, true roadkill, but rather protein that might be found on a road.

Years ago, there was a sense that the shindig cast West Virginians in a bad light by leaning too far into stereotypes of “roadkill and hillbillies and stuff,” says Marlinton native Joshua Barkley, who wears a fox pelt hat, pioneer fringe jacket and a bowie knife hanging on one hip and a flintlock pistol on the other.​

imrs.php

Eating black bears huh..... well.... it goes both ways I guess..... black bears like hillbillies in....
HH053.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nice to see you admit that for a change...ya no good lay-a-boit, deadbeat, sofa sergeant, REEETIREEEEE
Look who's talk'n.....a poor excuse for a rug
who's nuthin more than a small cog in a
government department pretending to fix
computers for employees who don't work
& don't care.
You should retire.
Make your uselessness official.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Look who's talk'n.....a poor excuse for a rug
who's nuthin more than a small cog in a
government department pretending to fix
computers for employees who don't work
& don't care.
You should retire.
Make your uselessness official
There is iron in your word of Government work for all Bears to see. And so there is iron in your word of retirement.

But I still do a heck of a lot more than you ya recliner ranger, vagabond, hobo....... and YES I'm jealous

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

imrs.php
One year at Thanksgiving, my former MIL fed my kids road kill, I think it was a goat.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

imrs.php

Can you order Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road?