• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I should have kept a list of everything that fell apart this year: coffee pot, fitbit watch, my wife's 1999 Honda, the concrete around our small pool, sagging fence due to clay soil required latch adjustment and my wife's cataract surgery come to mind immediately but I probably left something out.

Of course better all that than a serious illness knock on wood etc.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We've had rain since yesterday afternoon. Either light or heavy without a break. It suddenly went like night and a thunderstorm came with it. Close and banging around the valley. No time between lightning and boom, expecting a power cut any moment.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
tvfilm1970s.jpg

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I should have kept a list of everything that fell apart this year: coffee pot, fitbit watch, my wife's 1999 Honda, the concrete around our small pool, sagging fence due to clay soil required latch adjustment and my wife's cataract surgery come to mind immediately but I probably left something out.

Of course better all that than a serious illness knock on wood etc.
Just when I thought I was done with unexpected expenses, I had to have a root canal AND I also broke my coffee maker, which I just bought! And it wasn't cheap either, though I did replace it with a less expensive one that also probably isn't as pretty or fast or whatever. Oh well. The tooth drama was a lot more expensive and I got nothing. Oh, and I owed on my taxes this year and probably will again next year.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
or maybe on the Mets payroll

I recall a friend of mine in school, who was a frustrated Mets fan at a time that the Mets were doing bad, used to refer to anything bad as "the Mets."

Any statement where a typical response might be "that's a bummer" or "that's the pits, man," he would say "that's the Mets." Picnic cancelled due to rain? Oh man, that's the Mets. Teacher just assigned the next three chapters by Friday? That's the Mets.

Snake in a dugout? That's the Mets.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I recall a friend of mine in school, who was a frustrated Mets fan at a time that the Mets were doing bad, used to refer to anything bad as "the Mets."

Any statement where a typical response might be "that's a bummer" or "that's the pits, man," he would say "that's the Mets." Picnic cancelled due to rain? Oh man, that's the Mets. Teacher just assigned the next three chapters by Friday? That's the Mets.

Snake in a dugout? That's the Mets.
per chance, could it be, your friend became a ophiologists for the Mets