• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
For some reason that reminds me of Bill Nye, which reminds me of this Onion article, which also reminds me of my favorite kid's show:
yoGabbaGabba.jpg

Tell me that kids show is fake, I notice the main characters seem to be a One eyed Monster and a ***** :sarcastic

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Tell me that kids show is fake, I notice the main characters seem to be a One eyed Monster and a ***** :sarcastic
It's real and it's brilliant.
Not only does it have a phallic monster with warts, there's also the pink petalled flower girl- very O'Keefe.

It may not have the high production values of, say, Blake's 7 and it's noBoohbah or The Trap Door, but it delivers anyway. :sarcastic

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Are you really? How does that work lol?
No, I'm not alergico a los mariscos. I just don't know the Spanish words for the things I'm actually allergic to.

Have you ever seen the movie the Great Escape? If you haven't, go see it - it's a great movie. But there's an exchange I really like, where two allied POWs are trying to sneak out by hiding in a group of Russian prisoners who are going to be sent to another camp:

(A Russian soldier gives Danny his coat to help him blend in)
Danny: Spasiba.
Sedgewick: Hey Danny, I didn't know you spoke Russian.
Danny: A little, but only one sentance.
Sedgewick: Well, let me have it, mate!
Danny: Ya vas lublu.
Sedgewick: Ya vas lublu. What's it mean?
Danny: "I love you".
Sedgewick: "I love you"?! What bloody good is that?!
Danny: I don't know. I wasn't planning to use it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.