• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The reason why Christianity is so popular.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
But we are social creatures, to remain agnostic would require absolute isolation which in our species is impossible. It would even require isolation from the environment, and a complete absence of rationality. That’s is why humans have religions, they rational beings.
it is completely IRRATIONAL(ibelieve) to have a religion. I mean... well, i guess it does bind people together. But Wilson(American Schoolar on Religion) is right. such cultural unimportantcies act much like disease organism/parasites; passing from person to person and being changed and or chosen through "personal selection". however what i mean about agnostic is a simple confession that one never know for sure and it is always best to be rational about such questions...

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Actually, if belief is something that is learned, then this is not true. To remain agnostic you would have to be isolated from community members who do believe in Him. Alternatively, an individual would have to be given no reason from birth onward to believe that a God does exist, or, a person would have to have experienced nothing to lead them away from agnosticism. Someone would not have to be completely devoid of reason to show disbelief; instead, they would have to be devoid of reasons to offer their belief.

And personally, I don't think that rationality and belief are completely the same thing. If something can be one-hundred percent proven through reason, then it isn't really belief, is it? It's more of an undeniable fact. I personally believe in God because I have experienced certain things which have lead me to do so, but otherwise I would have remained agnostic.

i believe fact is defined as something that most people agree is true.

DarkSun

:eltiT
i believe fact is defined as something that most people agree is true.

Intersubjective varifiability as a means of justification is invalid when you apply it to peoples' perceptions of the world. It only works when applied to the world itself.

Last edited:

Pandachen

And really this post of your is not only pointless but it is crap.
funny... I seem to think the same thing about your posts :)
You don’t know any of this, you do not now what my religious walk has been, you assume all of this, and also I give you a warning don’t get personal with me. I hope that this help you!
you're right, how dare I step into your personal life. I'll give you a warning, don't give me a warning :p