• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The ressurrection of you!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, that's what it is. And when the Bible says that the spirit goes back to God who gave it, this is a simile, a metaphor. The spirit or breath of life just joins in with the wind. And that's the end.
I seriously do not know. I was taught to understand it exactly the way that you explained it. I am not trying to say that you are wrong. I am trying to figure out a way to say it in such a way as to not sound so harsh.
A lot of people have a problem accepting that there even is a god because they look at how He is explained by "religious" people who make Him seem evil and cruel. They want to imagine that they are some sort of eternal being. I am trying to work out a way of telling the truth but in a way that can be accepted by people who are disillusioned by their church.

Ben Masada

I seriously do not know. I was taught to understand it exactly the way that you explained it. I am not trying to say that you are wrong. I am trying to figure out a way to say it in such a way as to not sound so harsh.
A lot of people have a problem accepting that there even is a god because they look at how He is explained by "religious" people who make Him seem evil and cruel. They want to imagine that they are some sort of eternal being. I am trying to work out a way of telling the truth but in a way that can be accepted by people who are disillusioned by their church.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Congratulations! You started your post with a very good statement: "I seriously do not know." The God explained by religions is too anthropomorphic. I mean, too human, when God is even incorporeal. Evil and cruelty is of man, not of God. Eternal Being yes, that's what God is. But we can have a personal relationship with Him. Now, with reference to the Truth, try it for yourself first, then you can think about others. That's the only thing you have got to make sure is in you first before you bring it to others.

Ben :clap

Heneni

Miss Independent
Our human bodies are like clothes for our spirit. We will get different clothes at resurrection. A body that will allow us to be at home with the lord.

2Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, 3because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5Now it is God who has made us for this very purpose and has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
6Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.

Our human bodies are like clothes for our spirit. We will get different clothes at resurrection. A body that will allow us to be at home with the lord.(remainder of post removed to save space)
After Adam and Eve dressed themselves to cover their nakedness, God did not say they were wrong to do so but made a set of clothes for them that seemed more appropriate.

AK4

Hi there! Thanks for the response.

Oh dear, where do I start. Ok first of all, the first scripture I dont think is talking about the wicked. But I can see how that would be the way that any of us get a ressurected body.

Then....if the wicked is raised for the second death...then why do they live? I mean, why does the bible call it a second death, if it is nothing like death. From your post I gather that you believe that when the wicked has gone throught the fire, they will be pure when they come out the other end...but then...why call it the second death?

They are resurrected to learn righteousness only this time it is on a more intense level. They will go through this LOF for the age.

The second death is the death of the carnal mind and sinful nature. Some are going through it now

Rom 8:6
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

2Pe 3:7
But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Ben Masada

They are resurrected to learn righteousness only this time it is on a more intense level. They will go through this LOF for the age.

The second death is the death of the carnal mind and sinful nature. Some are going through it now

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay, what about if there will be no resurrection, what are you going to do, the same as Paul? According to I Corinthians 15:32 he said that if the dead won't resurrect, let's eat and drink for tomorrow we die. What kind of loyalty to God is this, conditional loyalty? That's as durty as menstrual rags. We should obey and be loyal to God because that's the way to be without any eye on rewards.

AK4

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Congratulations! You started your post with a very good statement: "I seriously do not know." The God explained by religions is too anthropomorphic. I mean, too human, when God is even incorporeal. Evil and cruelty is of man, not of God. Eternal Being yes, that's what God is. But we can have a personal relationship with Him. Now, with reference to the Truth, try it for yourself first, then you can think about others. That's the only thing you have got to make sure is in you first before you bring it to others.

Isnt All is of God? Can you handle the Truth of Gods word.

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1Co 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

Wouldnt this include satan. He is in this world also.

Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
Luk 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
Luk 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

Evil and cruelty is of man, not of God

Doesnt God use evil for good? Be sure to back up your response with scripture because i know i can.

Okay, what about if there will be no resurrection, what are you going to do, the same as Paul? According to I Corinthians 15:32 he said that if the dead won't resurrect, let's eat and drink for tomorrow we die. What kind of loyalty to God is this, conditional loyalty? That's as durty as menstrual rags. We should obey and be loyal to God because that's the way to be without any eye on rewards.
There is at least an implied reward system built into the Law, such as respect your parents so your days will be long. If your kids kill you after you get old, the kids would have to expect the same thing from their own kids, in the future. So there are rewards for obeying the Law.

AK4

He is being hypothetical. Basically if theres no resurrection then there is no hope. Whats the point of life then. We might as well just eat and drink for tomorrow we die. Besides Paul was quoting OT scripture

Isa 22:13 And behold joy and gladness, slaying oxen, and killing sheep, eating flesh, and drinking wine: let us eat and drink; for to morrow we shall die.

AK4

Sorry i neede to save this some where the other forum i was at was acting up.

Dang i did a response earlier, a long one but the system was all messed up and it didnt save the post to answer you dewey.

Thanks for your input ak4 but for all you said you did not answer my question at the start and at the end of my post. If all are to get life why does God do any judging at all?

This time i will give a short answer. Without all the scripture, but know everything i put here is backed up with scripture
Why does God do any judging at all?-- He wants all his children to be like Jesus, holy and righteous.
God takes responsibility for His creation and therefore He will correct everything in it. He is responsible, we are accountable. Mankind feels they have a free will that is free from any cause, basically eliminating God and sitting on His throne in His temple. We have choices, but those choices are never free frome any cause (uh-oh i feel another discussion coming :cool: )Basically saying their will can thwart the Will of God. For this and other things we will be held accountable.
You can judge yourself now and not go to/through the GWT judgement or let God judge you more severly in the LOF were you will be purified by fire.
God judges to set things right. Not to destroy forever. You may be quoting from a bad translation.
Imagine this scenario:GWT Judgement

god: You are judged guilty and now i will destroy you forever (or barbeque you for those who believe in a hell). Yeah I know I created you for dishonor and you had no choice in that matter and yes I know I said numerous times in my word that I am a god of love and rich in mercies, but you have served your purpose of dishonor. Yes I did create creation in subject of vanity, not willingly, and with hope, but Im sorry, well not really because you knew my standards and you didnt live up to them. You fail short here. See you were timid and fearful and because of that i must annihilate you (or barbeque) in my very hot and steamy lake of fire that is unquenchable and the worm never rots. Its final. You had one shot and blew. Yes,yes, I judge in righteousness and this fair. I created you for dishonor and that was your purpose. You have no other purpose and now i will focus on the 10% of all humanity that has ever lived that i gave my grace to and they followed. I love them more than i love you and they are my favorites now. Thank you for doing everything i wanted you to and now good(bad)-bye!! ( I didnt capitolize god in any of that because that is not a god i would worship)

Dwell on that scenario for a minute and ask yourself again when reading those passages in 2 peter and throughout the bilble if people are going to be destroyed everlasting and that is a god of love.

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent

I like your post...im just not sure that the second death, is something that christians are going through now. What they are going through is what you have listed above in scripture...but whether that is the second death...not sure. Will have to think about it.

AK4

I like your post...im just not sure that the second death, is something that christians are going through now. What they are going through is what you have listed above in scripture...but whether that is the second death...not sure. Will have to think about it.
Thank you:)

Most "Christians" are not going to experience the second death right now. I put christains in quotations because they are only that by name. They dont fully believe the Gospel and ALL the Word of God. They believe in a variety of things that contradict or foreign from scripture like a trinity, hell, free will, sabbaths, certain baptisms etc etc etc. There is only---

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Some have an idol of the heart that they havent gotten over and this boots God out of his Temple. (Like they spend most of their time doing all kind of church activities and never really putting their mind on God).

The Elect of the called ones are going through the second death. Many called, few chosen. The elect die daily--to their carnal mind (like trying not to even look at a woman and lust for her), have recieve the true baptism which is...

1Co 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Mar 10:38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?
Mar 10:39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:

1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

alot christians go down dry and come up wet. Nothing changes in their lives.

The elect are also spiritually minded Read Romans 7 and 8. These is some beautiful chapters. When you realise that you are trying your best to do what is right in Gods eyes, but its just that dang on flesh that is doing the stuff that you really dont want to do and "not really you", you feel free, free from guilt.

I will leave it that for now

Anthony

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Thank you:)

Most "Christians" are not going to experience the second death right now. I put christains in quotations because they are only that by name. They dont fully believe the Gospel and ALL the Word of God. They believe in a variety of things that contradict or foreign from scripture like a trinity, hell, free will, sabbaths, certain baptisms etc etc etc. There is only---

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Some have an idol of the heart that they havent gotten over and this boots God out of his Temple. (Like they spend most of their time doing all kind of church activities and never really putting their mind on God).

The Elect of the called ones are going through the second death. Many called, few chosen. The elect die daily--to their carnal mind (like trying not to even look at a woman and lust for her), have recieve the true baptism which is...

1Co 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Mar 10:38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?
Mar 10:39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:

1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

alot christians go down dry and come up wet. Nothing changes in their lives.

The elect are also spiritually minded Read Romans 7 and 8. These is some beautiful chapters. When you realise that you are trying your best to do what is right in Gods eyes, but its just that dang on flesh that is doing the stuff that you really dont want to do and "not really you", you feel free, free from guilt.

I will leave it that for now

Anthony
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Take another look at Romans 7:25. Paul praises God that he - Paul - with his mind served the Law of God, and with his flesh the law of sin. This to me sounds like serving two masters. No one could but Paul.

Ben :confused:

AK4

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Take another look at Romans 7:25. Paul praises God that he - Paul - with his mind served the Law of God, and with his flesh the law of sin. This to me sounds like serving two masters. No one could but Paul.

Ben :confused:

Same here. We cannot serve God with our flesh. Its too weak, its impossible. Our flesh is prone to the sinful nature that it is. Think about all the stuff you dont want to do, but it ends up happening anyway. That is the law of sin that everyone is prone to. But the Law of God is spiritual, you got to have you mind on the spiritual, on God.

All of Romans 7 and 8 is about that. Our flesh is weak we can not,its impossible, in our flesh to serve God the way He wants. But in our mind we are trying our best but the pull of the flesh keeps making us do what in our mind and heart dont want to do.

Its like an addiction. We all are addicted to the pulls of the flesh. But some of us hate with a passion that pull. We want to not be pulled any more by it. We fight and we win for a while then boom, you slip up. If your mind is on following God in the spirit you are forgiven for that slip up if you dont keep WILLINGLY doing it.

I dont want to look a girl anymore and lust for her because i am married. But dang a girl walks by with a great body and a mini skirt on and i thought about how it would be to do her. Dang according to Jesus i just committed adultery, but really in my mind i didnt want to look and feel that way because my wife is all i need.

We cant help but get pulled by the flesh on some things and that is what Paul is talking about. He's stuck in the physical (death) but his mind is on the spiritual (Life).

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally mindedis death; but to be spirituallymindedis life and peace.

Last edited: