• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

waitasec

Veteran Member
Employ your omniscience and explain what within the context of revelation is inconsistent with what I said. If you dare. Emoticons are a substitute for a point you can't actually make.
nothing is consistent with any 3rd party revelation
this entire statement is not verifiable.

go on with your frivolous pursuits...
:popcorn:

waitasec

Veteran Member
The fact that you feel capable of telling someone you are right and God is wrong about something he said was necessary is astounding. It is his system, he says it is necessary. You can ignore the whole thing altogether however you can not refute his claims within their context. If you desire to refute them it must come from an outside context that has sovereignty on the issue. That source does not exist.

by what criteria do you determine the importance of jesus sacrifice? is it
faith....?

your short sided argument neglects to consider the following...
faith is subjective.

nuff said.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
nothing is consistent with any 3rd party revelation
this entire statement is not verifiable.

go on with your frivolous pursuits...
You have some very strange and completely wrong positions. The bible is well known in the scholarly communty (that apparently you have no knowledge of) to be almost supernaturally consistent. It maintains a consistent testimony through well over a thousand years and dozens of writers. Arguing against a point out of it's context is dishonest and meaningless. However don't let that stop you.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Since it was God who chose to do it, and then did it. It doesn't follow that it is against his characteristics even if you think so.

Special pleading

In fact it says in Genesis that even before the beginning Jesus chose to suffer on out behalf. As well as saying it many times when he was here.

This applies how?

Where ever you got your argument it certainly doesn't come from God.

your point?

Regardless of all that whether you like something or not has nothing to do with it's reality.

This works both ways

waitasec

Veteran Member
You have some very strange and completely wrong positions. The bible is well known in the scholarly communty (that apparently you have no knowledge of) to be almost supernaturally consistent. It maintains a consistent testimony through well over a thousand years and dozens of writers. Arguing against a point out of it's context is dishonest and meaningless. However don't let that stop you.
don't worry
i don't expect you to throw confetti as i parade my lofty thoughts...

:beach:

Last edited:

Oryonder

What is this? If you can fix the formatting I will try to respond.

No Problem ..

here is the repost

The Bible passage in question is Matt 25.

31 When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left .

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.

Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life"

In the passage above from Matt 25, how does Jesus separate the Sheep from the Goats

Oryonder

I do not know where you heard this (see bold) but it is absolutely untrue.

You need to get better sources. The inconsistencies in the Bible have been a source of continued debate and frustration among "Religious Scholars" for well over 1000 years.

Among acadamia the lack of consistency is the debate, not whether or not the Bible is consistent.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I probably should have posted it but it showed up by accident when I copied and posted.

you know i find this to be very interesting...
i thought pictures where manually inserted.

i went back to find your post to confirm if the picture automatically shows up but, i can't it's gone now...imagine that.

interesting huh?

so would you so kindly provide the link so that i may prove myself wrong or right

thank you.

Last edited:

1robin

Christian/Baptist
by what criteria do you determine the importance of jesus sacrifice? is it
faith....?

your short sided argument neglects to consider the following...
faith is subjective.

nuff said.
How droll, it's importance is indicated by the obvious need and it's implications. Faith itself might or might not be subject. However what we have faith in is objectively true or not and is not a subjective truth. If it is true it is objective. No matter how you repackage the same ineffective tipred points the only question is whether it is true or not. The rest of these endless warped theological views and invalid questions are meaningless.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
I do not know where you heard this (see bold) but it is absolutely untrue.

You need to get better sources. The inconsistencies in the Bible have been a source of continued debate and frustration among "Religious Scholars" for well over 1000 years.

Among acadamia the lack of consistency is the debate, not whether or not the Bible is consistent.
You have already tried and completely failed to show this so repackaging it or restateing it doesn't help. Maybe the bible you have after you have cut out the parts which you happen to not like is inconsistent but the actual Christian bible is. Every single mainstream commentary says it is consistent, even quite a few hostile scholars admit it is consistent they just don't accept it. It's unchanged (as far as the books included) history of over 1000 years suggest your wrong. You have so far attempted to dismiss biblical reliability in general, Paul, John, any commentary who disagrees with you (which is all the main ones), and textual tradition. Etc.... who's side are you on anyway.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Special pleading
Since this was a discussion that assumed the bible and was of a contextual isseu then your point is meaningless. Go back and read the posts if you want to comment.

This applies how?

your point?

This works both ways
Go back and read the posts and educate yourself on the discussion and you might make relevant comments.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
No Problem ..

here is the repost

The Bible passage in question is Matt 25.

In the passage above from Matt 25, how does Jesus separate the Sheep from the Goats
I already answered that. If your name is written in the lambs book of life by virtue of a salvation experience (being born again) then you are a sheep. Go back and read the lengthy answer I already gave it has much more info. Let me know if you can't find.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I probably should have posted it but it showed up by accident when I copied and posted.

you know i find this to be very interesting...
i thought pictures where manually inserted.

i went back to find your post to confirm if the picture automatically shows up but, i can't it's gone now...imagine that.

interesting huh?

so would you so kindly provide the link so that i may prove myself wrong or right

thank you.

bump...

Oryonder

Yikes! Surrously? I mean ... surrously? I'm stunned. This is one of the most abysmal interpretations I've ever seen.

Anyone can have an opinion, but is it informed. If you think the interpretation is abysmal then give a better one ?

Good luck with that btw.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Since this was a discussion that assumed the bible and was of a contextual isseu then your point is meaningless. Go back and read the posts if you want to comment.

Go back and read the posts and educate yourself on the discussion and you might make relevant comments.

nice dodge.....

1robin

Christian/Baptist
What is wrong with you? The picture was off the side of the screen that I was copying the text from. When I highlighted it I didn't notice that the picture got copied as well until I pasted it. Everyone who has ever copied anything has the same thing happen to them and you know that, which makes you dishonest. Your not worth the effort, I resume waitsec blackout mode.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
nice dodge.....
Ditto. Is it to much to request you include the context that the original statement was made in. I have already had to give up on you makeing sincere, concise, or meaningful points. Do I have to give up on honesty and relevance as well.