• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Satanic Principles

drsatish

The Satanic Principles.

1. Thou shalt Lust.
2. Thou shalt Greed.
3. Thou shalt Hate.
4. Thou shalt Lie.
5. Thou shalt Cheat.
6. Thou shalt worship Thyself.
7. Thou shalt cause Emotional Pain to others.
8. Thou shalt cause Physical Pain to others.
9. Thou shalt maim others.
10. Thou shalt Kill others.

By any chance, u seen such principles 'manifesting' in your surroundings?

By the way, this is 'my' list of Satanic Principles.

But 'Organized Satanism' sees it differently:

"Satan: "You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and everything you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor judge of character and quality. If anything is used too freely it loses its true meaning. Therefore, the Satanist believes you should love strongly and completely those who deserve your love, but never turn the other cheek to your enemy!"

Anon: "Satanism is the official religion of the American corporate boardroom."

THE CHURCH OF SATAN

Enlighten or Endarken, please!
Satish

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
"You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and everything you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor judge of character and quality. If anything is used too freely it loses its true meaning. Therefore, the Satanist believes you should love strongly and completely those who deserve your love, but never turn the other cheek to your enemy!"
It seems to me that the author of this is kind of missing the point of Satanism, which rests power on his own shoulders. It seems the ramblings of a non-believer.

drsatish

It seems to me that the author of this is kind of missing the point of Satanism, which rests power on his own shoulders. It seems the ramblings of a non-believer.

The author happens to be
"Anton LaVey, founder of the Church of Satan."

Can you please elaborate on what the founder missed on Satanism?

Satish

Jacksnyte

Reverend
The author happens to be

Satish
The principles you list are NOT the ones that most Satanists live by. They sound more like the ramblings of the self-styled teen dabbler.

Here are the Actual statements by Anton LaVey:

[SIZE=+3][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Nine Satanic Statements[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]from The Satanic Bible, ©1969[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Anton Szandor LaVey[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]français][/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification! [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years! [/FONT]

drsatish

The principles you list are NOT the ones that most Satanists live by. They sound more like the ramblings of the self-styled teen dabbler.

Here are the Actual statements by Anton LaVey:

[SIZE=+3][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Nine Satanic Statements[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]from The Satanic Bible, ©1969[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Anton Szandor LaVey[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]français][/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all! [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification! [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years! [/FONT]

Isn't this sort of "Everyday-Tom-Dick-and-Harry" glorified / satanized ?

1. Tom represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2. Tom represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Tom represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Tom represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Tom represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Tom represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Tom represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Tom represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Tom has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

Why call it Satanism and not simply "Tomism"?
Satish

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Isn't this sort of "Everyday-Tom-Dick-and-Harry" glorified / satanized ?

1. Tom represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2. Tom represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Tom represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Tom represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Tom represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Tom represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Tom represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Tom represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Tom has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

Why call it Satanism and not simply "Tomism"?
Satish

There is a wealth of information, from interviews with LaVey himself, to articles and even discussions on these forums that answer that question! Go to the Satanism DIR on here, and read it, please! We get tired of answering the same questions over and over again because the person asking is too lazy to go find the information themselves, and want it delivered to them in a one-line soundbite! If you want the information, READ! Then come back and discuss! Many of us get really tired of newbies expecting us to spoon-feed them Satanism!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
1. Thou shalt Lust.
2. Thou shalt Greed.
3. Thou shalt Hate.
4. Thou shalt Lie.
5. Thou shalt Cheat.

11. Thou shalt do irrational, arbitrary and random things for no particular reason.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
The Satanic Principles.

1. Thou shalt Lust.
2. Thou shalt Greed.
3. Thou shalt Hate.
4. Thou shalt Lie.
5. Thou shalt Cheat.

"Satan: "You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and everything you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor judge of character and quality. If anything is used too freely it loses its true meaning. Therefore, the Satanist believes you should love strongly and completely those who deserve your love, but never turn the other cheek to your enemy!"

THE CHURCH OF SATAN

Satish

This sounds an awful lot like propaganda about Satanism put out by willfully ignorant Christian fundamentalists! Hmmm... Satish, I hope you aren't a christian troll just trying to stir dissent...

Orias

Left Hand Path
The author happens to be

Satish

I thought you said they were your "Satanic" principles?

The Satanic Principles.

1. Thou shalt Lust.
2. Thou shalt Greed.
3. Thou shalt Hate.
4. Thou shalt Lie.
5. Thou shalt Cheat.

THE CHURCH OF SATAN

Satish

So you view Satanism for what a bunch of Christians and Buddhists say?

Religious tolerance doesn't necessarily allow religious understanding, you want Satanism here you go http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html

Last edited:

Eliot Wild

Irreverent Agnostic Jerk
There is a wealth of information, from interviews with LaVey himself, to articles and even discussions on these forums that answer that question! Go to the Satanism DIR on here, and read it, please! We get tired of answering the same questions over and over again because the person asking is too lazy to go find the information themselves, and want it delivered to them in a one-line soundbite! If you want the information, READ! Then come back and discuss! Many of us get really tired of newbies expecting us to spoon-feed them Satanism!

I wish I could give you a billion frubals, for whatever they're worth. But it won't let me give you more than one.

So, let me just say that is an excellent post. There are evidently some among us who would prefer to make misrepresentations about others and their beliefs, rather than engage in open, honest, good-faith debate. Whether that sort of lack in integrity comes from laziness or just plain old bold-face lying, I don't know. But thank you for demonstrating more integrity than some others.

drsatish

This sounds an awful lot like propaganda about Satanism put out by willfully ignorant Christian fundamentalists! Hmmm... Satish, I hope you aren't a christian troll just trying to stir dissent...

No, not dissent; but understanding.

You could say I would like to explore 'what' 'evil' is....and from where 'it' arises.

I am of the opinion that 'evil' or whatever that is supposed to mean ..arises in the 'psyche' and not due to an external malevolent 'deity.' I think LaVey also did not believe in an external malevolent 'deity.'

This news item also has something to do with the issue:
January, XLVI A.S.:
DEPARTURES

Magister Diabolus Rex has resigned his title and membership in the Church of Satan effective January 1 due to the incompatibility of his personal belief in a literally existing “Prince of Darkness” and the fundamental atheism of the philosophy of Anton Szandor LaVey. We wish him well on his new path.
Official Church of Satan Website

Religioustolerance.org says 'Religious Satanism is a valid religion.'

There is claimed to be 'left-handed-religions' & 'right-handed-religions.'

Some of today's religions will become sort of meaningless if 'Satan' is 'removed' from it.

...hence my enquiry..

Ok, I will go and read.

Satish

Jacksnyte

Reverend

You could say I would like to explore 'what' 'evil' is....and from where 'it' arises.

I am of the opinion that 'evil' or whatever that is supposed to mean ..arises in the 'psyche' and not due to an external malevolent 'deity.' I think LaVey also did not believe in an external malevolent 'deity.'

This news item also has something to do with the issue:
January, XLVI A.S.:
DEPARTURES

Magister Diabolus Rex has resigned his title and membership in the Church of Satan effective January 1 due to the incompatibility of his personal belief in a literally existing “Prince of Darkness” and the fundamental atheism of the philosophy of Anton Szandor LaVey. We wish him well on his new path.
Official Church of Satan Website

Religioustolerance.org says 'Religious Satanism is a valid religion.'

Some of today's religions will become sort of meaningless if 'Satan' is 'removed' from it.

...hence my enquiry..

Ok, I will go and read.

Satish

Satanism isn't about being "evil". You should read up on Theistic Satanism, Demonolatry, Gnostic Satanism/Luciferianism, Satanic Reds, Sinagogue of Satan, etc. There is so much more to satanism than LaVey

Orias

Left Hand Path

Dissent can also be used to describe what you are getting at. It's a mixture.

What does this have to do with reality?

Of course not, Anton LaVey is not a theist in the supernatural.

In other words, it's just a human fabrication, have you read the Devil's Notebook?

I disagree.

Religion becomes meaningless when it has been proved wrong, not when some thing that they created to play the bad guy disappears from the scene.

kylixguru

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
In what context? With the cooperative and consenting free will of others such indulgence may require? Or by using device and manipulation to use other people against their will or own best interests?

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
Does this mean they focus more on a good life here and now and give no concern for future consequences?

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
Does he consider himself somehow immune from deceiving himself?

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
What if kindness should be manifested in punishing ingrates? Would you stand idly by or do the 'kind' thing? When my children are ingrates to their mother and mock and get sassy with her, the 'kind' thing to do is after one warning and a repeated offense, remove my belt and swat their sassy bottom. Does this make me evil in Satan's eyes?

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
Perhaps you speak of justice here?

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
Responsible to what?

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
So Satan makes himself the conduit through which the anger and vengance the lower orders of creation may express itself upon mankind? He seeks to keep mankind primitive rather than developed?

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
Only if you make people into objects to be used for your own gratification. Unless, of course, Satan constrains his victims to those who are deserving?

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!
I always thought he just made it his business all these years... No?

Orias

Left Hand Path
In what context? With the cooperative and consenting free will of others such indulgence may require? Or by using device and manipulation to use other people against their will or own best interests?

Plain and simple, indulge experience, rather than wither in the depths of ignorance.

It uses both.

Does this mean they focus more on a good life here and now and give no concern for future consequences?

It focuses on that this is your only life.

Does he consider himself somehow immune from deceiving himself?

Of course not, do you?

Satan represents the knowledge that we know nothing.

What if kindness should be manifested in punishing ingrates? Would you stand idly by or do the 'kind' thing? When my children are ingrates to their mother and mock and get sassy with her, the 'kind' thing to do is after one warning and a repeated offense, remove my belt and swat their sassy bottom. Does this make me evil in Satan's eyes?

No, kindness is given to those who deserve it instead of wasting love on ingrates. It's simple and easy to understand. Your smart enough to justify the circumstance, don't act the fool.
Perhaps you speak of justice here?

Obviously.

Responsible to what?

The responsable.

So Satan makes himself the conduit through which the anger and vengance the lower orders of creation may express itself upon mankind? He seeks to keep mankind primitive rather than developed?

That's a narrowminded statement, with no factual basis to prove this stereotype.

So God makes himself a conduit through which the anger and vengeance the lower orders of creation may express itself upon mankind?

I mean watch gangland, do some research into the Jim Jones episode. All of these people carry the burden of the Cross, yet they assume that "God" is in their favor by making people commit mass suicides and killing people over drug money.

You know those "tough" gangsters that bear the cross that is imbedded in their skin yet they will kill you for your iPod or for even looking at you funny? Please, spare me of your insolence.

Only if you make people into objects to be used for your own gratification. Unless, of course, Satan constrains his victims to those who are deserving?

As if you had not manipulated your way into gaining something you favor.

Everything is an "object" for "use", as if the laws of "God" do not restrain man from using his every resource to benefit mankind.

Such Christians laws deny man their birth given right, to be.

I always thought he just made it his business all these years... No?

I didn't know that it was yours.