• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The scientific god model

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
I understand that a bachelor’s degree is not as advanced as a master‘s or a doctorate, but to say that you’re not really knowledgeable in a subject you earned a degree in defies logic. How did you mention to do that?
I was not saying that I do not understand, but I was preempting any argument that I did not know about this. As far as back is concerned, I do believe that knowledge as a BSc student is less than as a master's or a doctorate.

ChieftheCef

Define a scientific God model, a theory of God. A supreme being is hypothesized to exist having the following attributes.

1.) God is the creator and preserver of the universe.
2.) God is the architect of the structure of the universe and the author of the laws of nature.
3.) God steps in whenever he wishes to change the course of events, which may include violating his own laws as, for example, in response to human entreaties.
4.) God is the creator and preserver of life and humanity where human beings are special in relation to other life forms.
5.) God has endowed humans with immaterial, eternal souls that exist independent of their bodies and carry the essence of a person's character and selfhood.
6.) God is the source of morality and other human values such as freedom, justice, and democracy.
7.) God revealed truths in scriptures and by communicating directly to select individuals throughout history.
8.) God does not deliberately hide from any human being who is open to finding evidence for his presence.

The observable effects that such a God may be expected to have are still testable by the normal, objective process of science.

The scientific argument against the existence of God will be a modified form of the lack-of-evidence argument.

1.) Hypothesize a God who plays an important role in the universe.
2.) Assume that God has specific attributes that should provide objective evidence for his existence.
3.) Look for such evidence with an open mind.
4.) If such evidence is found, conclude that God MAY exist.
5.) If such objective evidence is not found, conclude beyond a reasonable doubt that a God with these properties does NOT exist.

Recall that it is easier to falsify a hypothesis than to verify one. The best we can do if the data supports a particular God model is acknowledge that faith in such a God is rational. However, just as we should not use a failed physical model that does not work, it would be unwise for us to guide our lives by religion that worship any Gods that fail to agree wit the data.
MY scientific God model is now nothing becomes everything that is also nothing; the quantum field makes/projects the cosmos and that nothing, quantum field/foam, god, goddess, goddesses, supreme god, animating force, consciousness, cosmos, (ugh) SHARED reality. You can find out with Science of the day