• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Coming... A Mind Game?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
For those of you who believe in the second coming, or if you just wanna chip in to play the devil's advocate:

What if the so called salvation or the second coming is just God playing with our heads? He watches from a distance as we stand in humiliating ignorance, expecting his promise to be true.

"Have faith, it'll come eventually." What if it never does, and God is looking to see how long it takes us to realize he isn't coming back? It's been over 2000 years, and in those years we worked hard to keep humanity under control. Through all of this history packed with destruction, with no clear sign of God returning, we still wait... for nothing.

We continue to fight each other, killing ourselves, and God watches, God laughs.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
What if the so called salvation or the second coming is just God playing with our heads? He watches from a distance as we stand in humiliating ignorance, expecting his promise to be true.

Why would the Creator go to all the trouble of creating the vast universe around us without some definite purpose? Why would he play a cruel joke on those he made in his own image? Did Jesus give us the impression that God was some kind of cruel monster?
Do you ever tackle a project that involves vast amounts of time and energy with no purpose in mind?

"Have faith, it'll come eventually." What if it never does, and God is looking to see how long it takes us to realize he isn't coming back? It's been over 2000 years, and in those years we worked hard to keep humanity under control. Through all of this history packed with destruction, with no clear sign of God returning, we still wait... for nothing.

Have you ever considered that God does not exist in a realm limited by time...especially not earth years. If Peter said that 'a thousand years' to us is 'like one day' to God, then it gives us a whole new perspective on time.

The first rebel was not human, so the prime target of God's attention exists in the same timeless realm that he does. Rebels in the spirit realm can do way more damage to God's purpose than mere humans.
He must deal with them on universal ground in universal time. We are merely the hostages in this situation. The ransom has been paid and we are waiting to be rescued......however long it takes, it won't be a moment longer than necessary.

We continue to fight each other, killing ourselves, and God watches, God laughs.
God is as pained by the situation as we are, probably more so. It is his creation that is suffering pain, loss and damage, but like any parent who cares about long term outcomes, He will allow some temporary pain and suffering in order to achieve the best result.
It has been likened to a parent permitting a serious operation for their child in order to correct a congenital defect. The parent knows that pain and suffering goes along with the correction, but the final outcome means no more pain for the rest of their life.

Rebellion overtook God's free willed children (both in heaven and on earth) because they abused their right to choose disobedience rather than to obey their Creator. In order to prove that free will is a precious gift worth all efforts to retain it, God has allowed all of his children to taste and experience what happens when free will is exercised selfishly. This will set precedents for all eternity to come. No rebellion can ever overtake God's purpose again.

In Eden humans chose to withdraw from their Creator and in doing so came to serve the one who lured them into accepting him as their god and ruler. He wanted to be like God, so the Creator allowed him to rule the world to demonstrate what happens when humans leave their Creator to follow deceptive imitators. (1 John 5:19; Luke 4:5, 6) God did not leave himself without witness. We have his word and the teachings of his son to guide us, like a compass. But someone is distorting the needle, giving people a false reading.

The devil's rulership is about to come to its end and all who remain faithful to God will be saved when his son comes to judge the world and to put all rebels to death...permanently. (2 Thess 1:6-9; Matt 25:31-33, 4) :(

Are we ready?

Laika

Premium Member
For those of you who believe in the second coming, or if you just wanna chip in to play the devil's advocate:

I think God will be laughing not at us, but at his own pride. For millennia he thought he could teach us simply because he created us in his own image. But what God would not expect us to rebel in realizing our divinity by our humanity?
It is not cruel but wise when you realize you cannot save people from being themselves. He does not need to judge us, because we already pass judgement on ourselves. He condemns us to be free with all our faults and for us to save ourselves by finding the path of the divine in all of us.

Now that is a loving creator.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
He watches from a distance as we stand in humiliating ignorance, expecting his promise to be true.
God speaks to the minds of people; yet man's Ego gets in the way of them hearing. God shows them miracles all the time; yet they call them coincidences and don't believe in magic. :confused:

The reason for the delayed return is because everything has a time and shall return before the final days....Yet no one will listen to him; we're in the days of ungodliness before it, and according to what is written most will be removed....Though saying that, if people would 'bloody' listen; then we could try to turn it around. ;)

Plus why are you saying God is returning? If you truly believe God can be contained in a man, then you've got a very limited expectation of what God is. Shall repeat what is happening for you; we're in some form of Matrix (mathematical grid), where God is like a CPU. :innocent:

Last edited:

Lusius Fire

Cold Skin, Warm Soul

When you put it that way, it sounds frustrating, doesn't it?

But if you look at what's happening in the world attentively enough, you will see that all the signs predicted in New Testament - particularly Revelations - are coming true, if you interpret them a certain way. It does take imagination to interpret prophecy, after all.

I don't think your viewpoint is being all that unfair to God though... If God is anything like what the Old Testament portrayed God to be, you might be exactly spot on with your assessment.

Please bear in mind that I am not a Christian: However there is a scripture I think is particularly important to remember...

Revelation 16:15 (KJV): "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."

This curious little scripture basically says to keep your wits about you. How does a thief come? Quickly and quietly - discreetly. That means, if the world is ending, you're not going to know it's ending until it's already pretty much over. A good thief is undetected. A master cat burglar may never be detected.

So don't be so disappointed. The world could be tumbling down right now, right as you're reading this, but you wouldn't know it.

People seem to take Revelations at face value for its 'bizarre' imagery, but then forget that, since it's symbolic, it could be a much milder and more pleasant way for God to dismantle the human world.

I am actually claiming to be the "Second Coming" to the Christians, and I have myraid evidence of My claim.

But, to the Jewish people, I might be considered as the "first coming" of Christ.

To the Muslims, I might be considered as the Mahdi.

To the Buddhists, I might be considered as their fifth Buddha.

To the Hindus, I might be considered as another god.

But, I am claiming to be the Christ- the Prophet- the Creator- the Savior- the Life- the Messiah- the Lord- the Chosen One- the Maker- the King- etc..

If you want to read all of My facts and evidence, refresh the "Religious Debates" page, and look for a thread called, "Who believes the "Second Coming" of Christ is alive?". I share My believes why I am the "Second Coming" of Christ, and you can watch over an hour of video of Me, and you can read some of My prophecies for the future.

I believe in Myself, and I have come as "a thief" in the night.

If you are interested in finding the true Prophet- the true Christ- the true Truth- the true Savior- the true Messiah- etc., you are going to want to read all about Me, and also watch all of My videos of Myself.

This is no joke, and I am not a Poe.

Look at My Name George Manuel Oliveira.

What are My initials? GMO.

GMO stands for Genetically Modified Organism.

What are My initials backwards? OMG.

OMG stands for O My God.

My Name, George Manuel Oliveira, means "Farmer God is with us, olive tree".

Search "Romans 11:16-26", to read how many times the Bible mentions the "olive tree". My last Name, Oliveira, means "olive tree".

Next, search "Revelation 3:12", to see that Jesus actually said that he would have a "NEW NAME". So, you should KNOW that the Second Coming will not be named Jesus, because the Second Coming will have a NEW NAME!

My mothers name is Mary, like Jesus' mothers name was Mary.

My fathers name is Nuno. The name Nuno sounds exactly like saying the words "knew no." It is known that "Mary knew no man," but if you use semantics, it sounds exactly like saying "Mary... Nuno- man".

So both of My parents names have a meaning, and I have the Name above all names.

This is just some facts about Me- the Christ. I have so much evidence to support My claims that you have to be a dolt not to see the parallels with Christ.

Anyways, check out My thread, "Who believes the "Second Coming" of Christ is alive?", in Religious Debates.

Actually I will try and just link you to all of My evidence, but the link might not work.

Who believes that the "Second Coming" of Christ is alive? | ReligiousForums.com

Please try and click on the link above, in order to watch videos of Me, read My prophecies, facts, evidence, beliefs, sentiment, conjecture, proof, etc..

~PEACE~

Sultan Of Swing

It is not merely because God said, but we trust in God's promises because of His faithfulness in the past.

I trust in God because of what He has done for us through Jesus. I see no reason for why He would go to such great lengths as dying on a cross and freeing His people from our slavery to sin, only for the second coming to be some joke.

InChrist

Free4ever

I don't think God is laughing....

...knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,but not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:3-9

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
I am actually claiming to be the "Second Coming" to the Christians, and I have myraid evidence of My claim.

But, to the Jewish people, I might be considered as the "first coming" of Christ.

To the Muslims, I might be considered as the Mahdi.

To the Buddhists, I might be considered as their fifth Buddha.

To the Hindus, I might be considered as another god.

But, I am claiming to be the Christ- the Prophet- the Creator- the Savior- the Life- the Messiah- the Lord- the Chosen One- the Maker- the King- etc..

If you want to read all of My facts and evidence, refresh the "Religious Debates" page, and look for a thread called, "Who believes the "Second Coming" of Christ is alive?". I share My believes why I am the "Second Coming" of Christ, and you can watch over an hour of video of Me, and you can read some of My prophecies for the future.

I believe in Myself, and I have come as "a thief" in the night.

If you are interested in finding the true Prophet- the true Christ- the true Truth- the true Savior- the true Messiah- etc., you are going to want to read all about Me, and also watch all of My videos of Myself.

This is no joke, and I am not a Poe.

Look at My Name George Manuel Oliveira.

What are My initials? GMO.

GMO stands for Genetically Modified Organism.

What are My initials backwards? OMG.

OMG stands for O My God.

My Name, George Manuel Oliveira, means "Farmer God is with us, olive tree".

Search "Romans 11:16-26", to read how many times the Bible mentions the "olive tree". My last Name, Oliveira, means "olive tree".

Next, search "Revelation 3:12", to see that Jesus actually said that he would have a "NEW NAME". So, you should KNOW that the Second Coming will not be named Jesus, because the Second Coming will have a NEW NAME!

My mothers name is Mary, like Jesus' mothers name was Mary.

My fathers name is Nuno. The name Nuno sounds exactly like saying the words "knew no." It is known that "Mary knew no man," but if you use semantics, it sounds exactly like saying "Mary... Nuno- man".

So both of My parents names have a meaning, and I have the Name above all names.

This is just some facts about Me- the Christ. I have so much evidence to support My claims that you have to be a dolt not to see the parallels with Christ.

Anyways, check out My thread, "Who believes the "Second Coming" of Christ is alive?", in Religious Debates.

Actually I will try and just link you to all of My evidence, but the link might not work.

Who believes that the "Second Coming" of Christ is alive? | ReligiousForums.com

Please try and click on the link above, in order to watch videos of Me, read My prophecies, facts, evidence, beliefs, sentiment, conjecture, proof, etc..

~PEACE~
why don't you just join in like everyone's ?

you'll get more attention if you do George :)

nobodys going to answer these posts ...... Its in the middle of some ones thread you idiot !!

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
How many times has the second coming been predicted? How many times has it been used to dupe people and ruin peoples lives? I believe the world will end one day because all planets die eventually, but it wont be a part of some great divine plan.

why don't you just join in like everyone's ?

you'll get more attention if you do George :)

nobodys going to answer these posts ...... Its in the middle of some ones thread you idiot !!

I'm Christ and these are My novel inventions for the future!

Have you watched this video of Me yet, mainliner?

You can literally see and hear Me talk about some of My prophecies. I state that I am "George Manuel Oliveira," and I state the basic premise why I believe I am the Christ.

You all should watch this video of Me, because you will learn some of My prophecies, and I believe My prophecies are educational and entertaining.

My beloved children, if you want to get to know the Christ, try and pay attention to what I utter.

~PEACE~

Etritonakin

If you are really interested, you should begin an in-depth study with an open mind.
How can one reject a thing one does not know about?

It is true that many have thought this or that about it -and many have manipulated the beliefs of others -but God has not lied.

He hasn't made things extremely clear to everyone -but many have neglected to really look into the matter before assuming things or rejecting the idea altogether.

Many believe Christ will return -but there are almost as many ideas about what will precede it, follow it -who will benefit, etc....

That's not to say there is not one truth -or one set of truths -but it's like looking for a needle in a hayfield trying to make sense of all people's ideas on the subject -and even the source of the idea can seem like a haystack. If you really want to find the needle, however, you'd better start moving some hay.

There are many verses -many prophecies -concerning the things which precede the return of Christ -and many relate to things now happening -but the most important thing is to live now as if one is a citizen of the kingdom of God.

There will be many wonderful things in the future, but the most wonderful thing God will have changed is how individuals will act.
God will not disappoint -but men disappoint each other and themselves every day.

There are many detailed prophecies -in fact, perhaps the most detailed are those concerning the very end -even some giving specific numbers of days between events (though not the day and hour).......

But what good would it be if one is not prepared for what will be?

The following things have happened/are happening/will happen...... It describes Judah's return to Jerusalem (modern nation of Israel), their military strength since their return, that Jerusalem is central to world tensions -and that the situation will escalate to involve many world powers in conflict......

2Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. 3And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all
that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. 4In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness. 5And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.

6In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem. 7The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah. 8In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. 9And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

.... And this is how those forces will be destroyed that come against Jerusalem then turn to fight the returning Christ....

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south

This is not to say God is for Israel/Judah and against others -as many people of every nation will be made immortal at his return -but the above is how worldly conflict will be brought to an end -bringing about "the desire of all nations". He will fight the nations that come against Jerusalem, but Israel is not unscathed in the war which precedes his return.
God did choose Israel for a purpose, and to be first in certain things -but not above -as all end up in the same place. They will be blessed -but will also serve the world and be a blessing to all the world.

Last edited:
I don't think that Paul, the greatest Christian, ever says "second coming."

Yes, I believe you are correct.

I don't believe the whole entire Bible even ever mentions the words "Second Coming".

But, if you believe the Bible is the Word of God, its an infallible fact that Jesus says he will have a "NEW NAME." So, we can conclude that the returning Christ will NOT be named "Jesus".

Revelation 3:11-12New International Version (NIV)

11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

This is the Biblical Jesus saying, "and I will also write on them My NEW NAME."

This is some Biblical evidence that I, Christ George Manuel Oliveira, can be the Christ, because I have the Name above all names (as you can see from My other posts in this thread.)

~PEACE~