• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Coming... A Mind Game?

roger1440

I do stuff
What if the so called salvation or the second coming is just God playing with our heads? He watches from a distance as we stand in humiliating ignorance, expecting his promise to be true.
What if my father had breasts? Well, he would have been my mother.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I personally believe that it's a carrot on a stick. Every generation has believed the Second Coming would happen in their lifetime, and it never has.

mainliner

no one can de-borg my fact's ...NO-ONE!!
Have you heard of man boobs? Or the rare case of men suddenly changing into men without medical interference in their middle age?
moobs :)

anyway back to the topic ........ Is this Brandon more credible than his rival above ?

i think soooo ;)

now back to the moob's topic :) ... I thank you :)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
For those of you who believe in the second coming, or if you just wanna chip in to play the devil's advocate:

What if the so called salvation or the second coming is just God playing with our heads? He watches from a distance as we stand in humiliating ignorance, expecting his promise to be true.

"Have faith, it'll come eventually." What if it never does, and God is looking to see how long it takes us to realize he isn't coming back? It's been over 2000 years, and in those years we worked hard to keep humanity under control. Through all of this history packed with destruction, with no clear sign of God returning, we still wait... for nothing.

We continue to fight each other, killing ourselves, and God watches, God laughs.

I don't agree with you.
G-d always helps us to understand the truth.He does not play with our heads or laughs at us. It is devil/Satan who leads us astray.
G-d has all the good attributes to let us improve our image and it is a blemish to attribute any wrong to G-d that we don't want to attribute to ourselves.
The concept of Second Coming of a founder at the end of days of revealed religions exists in almost every revealed religion if not all of them.

There are three aspect to Second Coming.
  • Almost all revealed religions of the world have a prophecy about end of the world. If you will look into it, you will confirm it. Why they have such a prophecy?
  • Why Jesus needs to come?
  • What signs did Jesus present for his Second Coming?
I would like one to give one's confirmation on the first point first.
Will one please?

Regards

Looncall

I don't agree with you.
G-d always helps us to understand the truth.He does not play with our heads or laughs at us. It is devil/Satan who leads us astray.
G-d has all the good attributes to let us improve our image and it is a blemish to attribute any wrong to G-d that we don't want to attribute to ourselves.
The concept of Second Coming of a founder at the end of days of revealed religions exists in almost every revealed religion if not all of them.

There are three aspect to Second Coming.
  • Almost all revealed religions of the world have a prophecy about end of the world. If you will look into it, you will confirm it. Why they have such a prophecy?
  • Why Jesus needs to come?
  • What signs did Jesus present for his Second Coming?
I would like one to give one's confirmation on the first point first.
Will one please?

Regards
It is an obvious scam to con the gullible. The clergy need people to feel afraid and to reinforce ingroup/outgroup notions.

Muffled

Jesus in me
For those of you who believe in the second coming, or if you just wanna chip in to play the devil's advocate:

"Have faith, it'll come eventually." What if it never does, and God is looking to see how long it takes us to realize he isn't coming back? It's been over 2000 years, and in those years we worked hard to keep humanity under control. Through all of this history packed with destruction, with no clear sign of God returning, we still wait... for nothing.

We continue to fight each other, killing ourselves, and God watches, God laughs.

I believe God will do what He says He will do.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't think that Paul, the greatest Christian, ever says "second coming."

I Thes. 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first;

Looncall

It is an obvious scam to con the gullible. The clergy need people to feel afraid and to reinforce ingroup/outgroup notions.
What I was getting at was that an approaching apocalypse is an obvious ploy for scoundrels trying to make people afraid. One would therefore expect to find it in lots of religions.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What I was getting at was that an approaching apocalypse is an obvious ploy for scoundrels trying to make people afraid. One would therefore expect to find it in lots of religions.

The prophecies are thousand/s years old and were for future so the fear of it being a ploy is not relevant.
Regards

Looncall

The prophecies are thousand/s years old and were for future so the fear of it being a ploy is not relevant.
Regards
The so-called prophecies may have been made up later than it seems. In any case, if they were a ploy to start with, as seems to me to be likely, those who still promote them are like people who perpetuate chain letters: both villains and victims at the same time. Others, of course, are plain villains, knowingly spreading toxic nonsense.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I don't see the second coming as a mind game, its more of a metaphor, if you hear the truth and miss it, maybe the second time you will Awaken to it, that's the second coming for you.

Popcorn

What is it?
The so-called prophecies may have been made up later than it seems. In any case, if they were a ploy to start with, as seems to me to be likely, those who still promote them are like people who perpetuate chain letters: both villains and victims at the same time. Others, of course, are plain villains, knowingly spreading toxic nonsense.

You can go in search of a book per whatever interest you have, could be fiction, could be non-fiction, and there you may find truth in it worth the time you spend reading it. What about when by no conscious effort on the part of anyone to make it happen, the book is in search of you per whatever interest it has?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
You can go in search of a book per whatever interest you have, could be fiction, could be non-fiction, and there you may find truth in it worth the time you spend reading it. What about when by no conscious effort on the part of anyone to make it happen, the book is in search of you per whatever interest it has?
Yes when one is spiritually discerned, they will see the truth in whatever they read, no matter who's scriptures.