• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Coming... A Mind Game?

Looncall

You can go in search of a book per whatever interest you have, could be fiction, could be non-fiction, and there you may find truth in it worth the time you spend reading it. What about when by no conscious effort on the part of anyone to make it happen, the book is in search of you per whatever interest it has?
Sure, most books have something of value.

Books are just paper (or vellum etc) and ink. They have nothing to search with. Your second sentence makes no sense.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
JayJayDee said:
Did Jesus give us the impression that God was some kind of cruel monster?
Yes.
Or rather, the authors of the Bible attribute things to Jesus that suggest God is a cruel monster.

The same is true for the authors of Torah, they attribute things to G-d that project G-d as a cruel being.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The so-called prophecies may have been made up later than it seems. In any case, if they were a ploy to start with, as seems to me to be likely, those who still promote them are like people who perpetuate chain letters: both villains and victims at the same time. Others, of course, are plain villains, knowingly spreading toxic nonsense.

I don't agree with you.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
JayJayDee said:
Did Jesus give us the impression that God was some kind of cruel monster?
9-10ths_Penguin said: ↑
Yes.
Or rather, the authors of the Bible attribute things to Jesus that suggest God is a cruel monster.
paarsurrey said:
The same is true for the authors of Torah, they attribute things to G-d that project G-d as a cruel being.
Regards
Indeed. As do the authors of the Qur'an.

Thanks for endorsing what I have coloured in magenta.

Regards

Awoon

I Thes. 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first;

No where are the words "second coming" in that statement.

Awoon

Second Comings are not needed.

All anyone has to do is BELIEVE John: 14; 12-14.

Is anyone BELIEVING in Jesus?

Muffled

Jesus in me
No where are the words "second coming" in that statement.

I believe one does not need the words. The word "will" means it is future from the first coming and the prhrase "descend from heaven" reveals that it is a coming.

Awoon

I believe one does not need the words. The word "will" means it is future from the first coming and the prhrase "descend from heaven" reveals that it is a coming.

So his words of John 14 are useless to the world? Just wait, he'll come back and straighten everything out....Yeah Right !!!