• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the truth behind hip hop ex ministries

:yes:
people should watch this 4 part seies by craig ministries on d.v.d he's also going to be doing the truth behind rock music. when i saw part one i was:eek: then part two just made me:eek: then i hear there's 4 parts. it something that christians not just christians eveybody should look at. These are the type of messages people need to hear.:yes: come to me to check it out what he says will blow your mind. theses are the reasons why christians shouldn't listen or associate with anyone doing non- gospel music. or mixing gospel music with rap or r&b or anything else.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Welcome to the forums! *waves*

Are you wanting a general audience for this debate, or are you asking Christians specifically to participate?

I'm usually a defender of hip hop artists and the culture, since I am a fan of it. But I wanted to ask you first if my opinion would be relevent.

Peace,
Mystic

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
A quick google search brought up a criticism of the DVD series nearly immediately. G Craige Lewis seems to have a penchant for using the "backward messages" of old..........remember playing Stairway to Heaven backwards on the turntable? (I do)

There is a claim that in one of the series, a DJ merges tracks by Jay-Z (the black album) with tracks by the Beatles (the white album ), calls the creations the grey album (clever), plays them backwards, and the sounds "666.........murder, murder, Jesus" magically appear!

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Scare tactics never went as far as actually living the Gospel, IMO.

Peace,
Mystic

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
A quick google search brought up a criticism of the DVD series nearly immediately. G Craige Lewis seems to have a penchant for using the "backward messages" of old..........remember playing Stairway to Heaven backwards on the turntable? (I do)

There is a claim that in one of the series, a DJ merges tracks by Jay-Z (the black album) with tracks by the Beatles (the white album ), calls the creations the grey album (clever), plays them backwards, and the sounds "666.........murder, murder, Jesus."

What happens when you play gospel music backwards? Does it sound like Eddie Izzard?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

There is a claim that in one of the series, a DJ merges tracks by Jay-Z (the black album) with tracks by the Beatles (the white album ), calls the creations the grey album (clever), plays them backwards, and the sounds "666.........murder, murder, Jesus" magically appear!

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Peace,
Mystic
Did you hear anything in the backwards records?

:rolleyes:the purpose of this post is to understand the reason why people are told not to especially christians. i want to hear opinons. this is not to scare you but to show one of the reasons why christians are to have their own seperate thing from others. This is one of the reasons christians do not or should not be involved with alot of things other people do.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
:rolleyes:the purpose of this post is to understand the reason why people are told not to especially christians. i want to hear opinons. this is not to scare you but to show one of the reasons why christians are to have their own seperate thing from others. This is one of the reasons christians do not or should not be involved with alot of things other people do.

I can tell you exactly why: some people see demons under every rock and in every nook and cranny. And, some Christians feel they need to frighten people and exert control over them instead of letting them make their own decisions. :rolleyes:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Can you give a synopsis of the DVD series?

Rather odd that Christians are on this board getting along fine with other people and their faiths, no?

Peace,
Mystic

when christians teach something it's not meant to scare. just because it has a bad sound to it or it places fear in your heart. doesn't mean it was meant to scare you but just to aware you of whats happening or whats going on. because you start to fear means your open minded to the message your recieving. those who intentionally scare god warns that it's wrong but to come with love and peace. it's not right that christians should scare people.

the computer i'm on wont let me see the rest of the supplies so i cant answer your questions eithier pm me with your comments so i can answer you one on one but i will try to find a way around it. sorry

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
This brings up a serious question. What's the most evil music? Does it change from language to language? Personally I find Japanese pop to be much more evil than American/English pop.