• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the truth behind hip hop ex ministries

forget about paying for the dvd's for a minute just check around the website most of the things said in the dvd is on the website. check out the little clips from you tube. this computer wont let me go to you tube so just type in the title and it should take you there.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I checked out the website, and was rather offended at the very first page with the phrase "for those still on dialup." as if everyone on dialup does have a choice to receive high speed.

But after reading just one paragraph, I have concluded this guy does not know what he's talking about. Such as when he claims heavy metal causes Satan worshiping. Yeah........people are gonna start worshiping Satan because they listened to a few Slayer albums...:sarcastic Actually, Kerry King (one of the Guitarist for Slayer) said he enjoys writing Satanic and Anti-Christian messages, allthough he is an atheist. In all reality, only a few metal groups are actual Satanist. The rest just write a hate filled, violent message that has absolutely nothing to do with real Satanism.

And, there are alot of metal groups that have a positive message. Hatebreed is one such group. They have a fast, hard, heavy, and pounding sounding as do many hardcore groups, but they are screaming and growling lyrics of overcoming odds, destroying things that hold you back, removing obstacles, and other good motivation songs.

so in all and all all of you think that this man is just full of it and there's no way anything he says is true or capable of happening. he's just has alot of time on his hands? i would love to get answers from the christians on this question.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
What makes the music evil, that some person can play it backwards and supposedly hear anything they'd like?

Its not about what " type" of music it is. its what the lyrics are saying.

God Bless Christian Hip Hop!!!!

strip clubs, gangs, drugs........ shouldn't you be out fighting the devil instead of fighting christians and the music they sing?

by the way..... i am a christian rapper.:D

what should christians do? go to a cave and hide? no! we make music too.

but let me also say, i don't listen to ALL christian rap and rock. Just as anything else , there is good and bad out there, but don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

You have already gotten Christians' responese to your claim, and you still don't have any support.

so in all and all all of you think that this man is just full of it and there's no way anything he says is true or capable of happening. he's just has alot of time on his hands?

Perhaps. He misrepresents a LOT on his website, and we've presented more credible sources as counter-arguments.

Have you considered this guy to be "full of it?"

Peace,
Mystic

no not at all this guy has his facts straight and he's coming from the bible. He brings up facts that preachers have been preaching years. This guy is very bold and he comes in order. I dont think he misenterprets anything but that people wont accept the fact theat this is happening or or they dont want to let go. it's kinda sad that some christians have turned a deaf ear to it. Or have an attitude about especially when this guy is coming straight from the bible and with facts. i know at least the preacher of their church had to at least preach about this message 1 time or another.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
How do you know he has his facts straight? Have you gone and researched all of his claims by finding informative and objective sources?

yes, and i have i dont see what people think he has wrong his facts about backwards messaging is correct your right side of the brain is able to pick it up quicker before you even realise it. They had a 20/20 special about it. the music video's of rappers are correct he has talked about them. the origin of hip-hop is correct i've even given you wikipedia so you can look at it yourself's, and the thing about christian hip-hop he's been correct about. So agaain i see this man is in perfect order.

Popeyesays

Well, I can testify that strip clubs long pre-date hip-hop. Heck they predate R&B and rock if you trace them back to burlesque. That makes them a product of the Swing era at least.

Regards,
Scott

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Well, I can testify that strip clubs long pre-date hip-hop. Heck they predate R&B and rock if you trace them back to burlesque. That makes them a product of the Swing era at least.

Regards,
Scott

Strip clubs are just a milder version of brothels, which they had in ancient Rome/Greece.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
yes, and i have i dont see what people think he has wrong his facts about backwards messaging is correct your right side of the brain is able to pick it up quicker before you even realise it. They had a 20/20 special about it. the music video's of rappers are correct he has talked about them. the origin of hip-hop is correct i've even given you wikipedia so you can look at it yourself's, and the thing about christian hip-hop he's been correct about. So agaain i see this man is in perfect order.

Back word messages and hidden message don't work like that, one gone not be given a message to be told to do something against there own moral judgement, it just don't work like that, ask any Neurologist. They even did something on Myth Busters about this. But I think it was messages when you where under hypnosis, but really same difference.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
so in all and all all of you think that this man is just full of it and there's no way anything he says is true or capable of happening. he's just has alot of time on his hands?
Yup.

no not at all this guy has his facts straight and he's coming from the bible. He brings up facts that preachers have been preaching years. This guy is very bold and he comes in order. I dont think he misenterprets anything but that people wont accept the fact theat this is happening or or they dont want to let go. it's kinda sad that some christians have turned a deaf ear to it. Or have an attitude about especially when this guy is coming straight from the bible and with facts. i know at least the preacher of their church had to at least preach about this message 1 time or another.
He is wrong. Music doesn't force people to do stuff. Last I checked, Marilyn Manson never put a gun to anyones head and told them to act like the message in his music.
David Mustaine (the frontman of Megadeth) condemned the actions of the guy who opened for at a college in Canada last year, and even said he is not worthy of being a Megadeth fan, when the shooter claimed their song "A Tout Le Monde" (A song about the last words he would say as he is about to die), inspired him too shoot. It's actually a very beautiful song, and non-violent.
Here is a link to the lyrics.
MEGADETH LYRICS - Youthanasia (1994)

Popeyesays

I'd say he is using his time wisely to make a buck actually. The gullible and fearful will snap up his DVD's at twenty bucks a pop just to see corroboration of their own mindless fears.

All in all he's a fine example of disreputable clergy milking the believers for what they can give.

Regards,
Scott

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

*sigh* These claims have been found over and over again to not be correct. You're denigrating an entire culture because of a complete misrepresentation. According to this guy, folks need to throw out their Erykah Badu and India Arie tracks............please. :rolleyes:

Peace,
Mystic

but these claims have not been proven wrong with the backwards messaging. it may not have been the artist forcefully telling you to do it. but when the message is put on the tape. your right brain picks it up. but music is an big affect you learned your ABC's with music and music does affect people emotionally. it's not using people's fear just because a message causes you to become fearful he's not playing on it but it's how you feel about it.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
but these claims have not been proven wrong with the backwards messaging. it may not have been the artist forcefully telling you to do it. but when the message is put on the tape. your right brain picks it up. but music is an big affect you learned your ABC's with music and music does affect people emotionally. it's not using people's fear just because a message causes you to become fearful he's not playing on it but it's how you feel about it.

So, what exactly are the sources of research for these claims? Have you don't any research or fact checking yourself? From what I see here, you're just an uninformed parrot who is happy to just accept what this guy says without employing any modicum of critical thinking.

And, most people don't listen to propaganda laden crap that's just meant to control people anyway, so this entire thread is an exercise in futility.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
you asked me this question before and i gave you mya nswer.

And, you just said you did, but you offered no other statement onto how, or where you researched these things. To be totally frank, I just don't believe you, because the evidence suggests that your research skills leave something to be desired.

Maybe you can take some of the evidence provided by other posters here and use your own research on this topic to refute it? Maybe that might make you look more credible.