• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The two or three witness rule of Jehovah's Witnesses

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Imagine you are married. Imagine that your spouse is paying out lots of money for some offence he or she committed but is keeping both the offense and the money paid a secret. How would you feel? Maybe you wouldn't know and what you don't know won't hurt you. Is this correct? But you would know that there is missing money. He or she might even request that you work more to make more money to make up the deficit.

Mountain_Climber

Confess your sins that season of refreshing may come to you. Acts of the Apostles 3:19 Why does this not apply to a group of people? Jeremiah 36:3
Jeremiah 36:3
Perhaps when the people of Judah hear about every disaster I plan to inflict on them, they will each turn from their wicked ways; then I will forgive their wickedness and their sin.
Acts 26:20
First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.
Hebrews 4:1
Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it.
Jeremiah 36:3 was fulfilled in the history of ancient Israel.

You leave out that it applied to their captivity to Babylon:
2 Thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel; Go and speak to Zedekiah king of Judah, and tell him, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will give this city into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall burn it with fire:

You are confusing it together with something it is not applicable to.

I don't accept that either.

I don't believe anyone but those with hidden agendas of an axe to grind do. And IMHO such ones are gone insane away from sound reasoning by virtue of their real foundation of bitterness.

I watched that full case there in Australia and found it to be a kangaroo court, It was in the right country for that. But IMHO it seems clear there is a religious agenda behind that unwarranted attack.

The ones behind it are signing the death warrant for all religion at the hands of the governments who will use this spreading appearance of weakness to the holy spirit to be emboldened to take away all tax exemption status from the churches.

That will then lead to change in all voluntary contribution based entities, even on the web, so that nothing will any longer be free.

Mark well what I have told you.
And you will soon see that happen to all of the visible Churches.
Yes, I just told someone in the Law thread that their teaching that the man who killed that reporter will be forgiven is contributing to to the environment needed to do all of that which you speak of.

If men are made to believe that all sins are forgiven them anyway then they will not try as hard to curtail their conduct and that will all be used by the governments as reasons to justify what they are about to do.

I cited John 3:18-19 and Luke 24:47 off the top of my head which show that man is like a tree that will lay where it fell. That too is in the OT as I am sure you recognize.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

2 Thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel; Go and speak to Zedekiah king of Judah, and tell him, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will give this city into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall burn it with fire:

Like God does not react the same way to sin always? Why do you think so?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Are you going to ignore the point with criticism always?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If opposers bring up a question which might put them on the spot the modus operandi is to find fault with the accuser. Um, always. LOL

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The point is the governing body have 1. approved appointments according to The Holy Spirit of bad men and then 2. kept is secret and 3. must pay but 4. keeps that secret too.

Do you have an answer to the charges?

Here you might consider that modern Babylon is a spiritual estate of the collective visible churches and that prophecy will have a fulfillment spiritually as those who are Israel at heart (rather than flesh as yourself, though it will include many of your nationality too) are set free from her by seeing the evidence mounting quickly of her impending destruction.

We need to talk more about what that coming New Jerusalem will be and about who those Israelites are that will occupy it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Here you might consider that modern Babylon is a spiritual estate of the collective visible churches and that prophecy will have a fulfillment spiritually as those who are Israel at heart (rather than flesh as yourself, though it will include many of your nationality too) are set free from her by seeing the evidence mounting quickly of her impending destruction.

We need to talk more about what that coming New Jerusalem will be and about who those Israelites are that will occupy it.
I think he is saying I was right.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does anyone have an answer to why the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses are keeping it a secret that there have been real cases of child abuse in the congregations and that they must pay for it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In the case of the assigning of servants and elders in the Jehovah's Witness organization, the Holy Spirit is a witness. To be baptized a JW presently a person must proclaim aloud yes to the question; "do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization". So the spirit of God has a part in assigning privileges to some men. A few men have used their status to prey on children. But my point is they believe God's spirit directs them.

Why is the Holy Spirit allowed to be a witness for a man's appointment but not be a witness to a crime?

The TWO witnesses would be 1. the child and 2. God.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When I was a Jehovah's Witness my husband hated that I was one and he really said. "any other way but that way". But I was one and I donated some of my money to the organization. Not a little and not a lot. I think that was before all hell broke loose and all that money got paid to victims. Would I have donated money (against my husband's best judgment) if I knew what it was being used for? Probably not or not as much certainly. Would I have reconsidered my decision to be faithful to that organization earlier? I think so! The possibility of losing donations and even people is exactly why the governing body won't come clean to their people about what is happening. I really do consider it a fact that most Jehovah's Witnesses have no idea the spiritual paradise claim is false. And that the "in the truth" mantra isn't real.

If the JWs were really "in the truth" they would know the truth.

Last edited:

averageJOE

zombie
I don't accept that either.

I don't believe anyone but those with hidden agendas of an axe to grind do. And IMHO such ones are gone insane away from sound reasoning by virtue of their real foundation of bitterness.

I watched that full case there in Australia and found it to be a kangaroo court, It was in the right country for that. But IMHO it seems clear there is a religious agenda behind that unwarranted attack.

The ones behind it are signing the death warrant for all religion at the hands of the governments who will use this spreading appearance of weakness to the holy spirit to be emboldened to take away all tax exemption status from the churches.

That will then lead to change in all voluntary contribution based entities, even on the web, so that nothing will any longer be free.

Mark well what I have told you.
Terrible dodge. You are basically saying that all 1006 cases are lies. That you feel preventing a "change in all voluntary contribution based entities" is more important that keeping known pedophiles away from children.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Skip to 1:30 and 4:00 for my response.

But I did notice that you didn't answer my questions.
I am glad they have been in court where they HAVE TO answer uncomfortable questions.
One vid had a brother say "it appears to be" when asked if what they were looking at was his writing. Oh, brother!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it is irony that Jehovah's Witness elders will commit themselves to the men of the governing body (who they can't possibly know for sure that they are righteous) but don't commit themselves to a simple answer "yes" or "no".

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who knows. But it seems as though the possibility of receiving less money is more important than keeping children safe from pedophiles in their organization.
The love of money is the root of all evil. 1 Timothy 6:10

The Watchtower has said that Jehovah is for them and Jehovah will provide but if Jehovah someday does not provide then they will know that the preaching work is done. But if the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses uses manipulation to get more funds can it really be said that the revenue is from Jehovah?