• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The war crimes (in Gaza) continue

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
The media seems, for the most part, to have tired of this ongoing crisis?

"At least 25 people were killed and more than 50 injured on Tuesday in a strike on a school building being used as a shelter by displaced people in the town of Abassan, outside of Khan Younis, in southern Gaza, local health officials said.

Gazan officials blamed Israeli forces for the attack. Israeli military officials did not immediately respond to questions about the strike."

The above is behind a paywall. But:

Shame on the Israeli government.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The media seems, for the most part, to have tired of this ongoing crisis?

"At least 25 people were killed and more than 50 injured on Tuesday in a strike on a school building being used as a shelter by displaced people in the town of Abassan, outside of Khan Younis, in southern Gaza, local health officials said.

Gazan officials blamed Israeli forces for the attack. Israeli military officials did not immediately respond to questions about the strike."

The above is behind a paywall. But:

Shame on the Israeli government.
Shame on Hamas for wanting to kill Jews and see the complete and entire obliteration of Israel.

It's called the 1988 Hamas charter. It's all there.

Tell me they don't deserve all that's coming to them when their own genocidal intentions are clearly spelled out in their own writing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Shame on Hamas for wanting to kill Jews and see the complete and entire obliteration of Israel.

It's called the 1988 Hamas charter. It's all there.

Tell me they don't deserve all that's coming to them when their own genocidal intentions are clearly spelled out in their own writing.
Are you advocating that Israel kill civilians?

Twilight Hue

Are you advocating that Israel kill civilians?
Just Israel's justification for defending itself. Civilians are not protected if they are used as human shields by the enemy.

If this was strictly a civilian attack with no military targets whatsoever among them, I would agree with you that killing civilians would be a war crime.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just Israel's justification for defending itself. Civilians are not protected if they are used as human shields by the enemy.

If this was strictly a civilian attack with no military targets whatsoever among them, I would agree with you that killing civilians would be a war crime.
Let's turn your reasoning around.
Israel has attacked Gaza, which also has the right
to defend itself. Given that Israeli soldiers live
among the general populace, would this justify
them & their allies attacking civilian targets?

Twilight Hue

Let's turn your reasoning around.
Israel has attacked Gaza, which also has the right
to defend itself. Given that Israeli soldiers live
among the general populace, would this justify
them & their allies attacking civilian targets?
So you are essentially saying Israel uses them as human shields the way Hamas does. That's your logic?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Really, do I need to condemn what Hamas has done before I can highlight the continuing war crimes by Israel? ...

Of course not. I simply hoped to clarify for myself whether I am witnessing hyper-focus or selective outrage.

So, what about Hamas? May I ask where you've condemned them for the barbaric pogrom, for refusing to release the hostages, and for thereby being fully responsible for perpetuating this travesty?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
That's because you simply can't or will not structure your questions to be less vague when you ask them.
Odd. Nobody else has trouble understanding my questions. Do you suppose the problem might be you?

(To be clear, the last phrase was a question. If its too vague for you, let me know.)

Twilight Hue

Odd. Nobody else has trouble understanding my questions. Do you suppose the problem might be you?

(To be clear, the last phrase was a question. If its too vague for you, let me know.)
Oh I know I'm not the only one here who sees your questions as being vague.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
Of course not. I simply hoped to clarify for myself whether I am witnessing hyper-focus or selective outrage.

So, what about Hamas? May I ask where you've condemned them for the barbaric pogrom, for refusing to release the hostages, and for thereby being fully responsible for perpetuating this travesty?

I find it a bit offensive that you would even ask. If you think I am a supporter of terrorism, then maybe you should just put me on ignore.

What Hamas has and is doing does not justify the war crimes of the IDF.