• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The war crimes (in Gaza) continue

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Same reason mine don't. He doesn't like the question.
No kidding.
I just figured that the question is more
productive than the statement.

It sure is tough for fervent partisans to seek
understanding of the larger picture, the other
side, & flaws in one's own position.
They tend to lash out at others with the old
ad hominem attack.
To see Israelis, Palestinians, Jews, Muslims,
Arabs, & combatants on both sides as all
human with equal rights to live in peace
eludes them. They care only about their tribe.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Oh, really.
How does it lack specificity?
It lacks the past time in other threads that you participated in in which I showed the legality of proceeding in attacking a valid military target that in the process, going through a human shield isn't always a crime in order to take out the mission's target.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It lacks the past time in other threads that you participated in in which I showed the legality of proceeding in attacking a valid military target that in the process, going through a human shield isn't always a crime in order to take out the mission's target.
To use the "human shield" argument to justify
killing civilians with intent is wrong. Tis an
excuse to wreak vengeance upon the innocent.

Pickard (ref episode, Darmok) might say....
"Daenerys Targaryen at Kings Landing"
In GOT, the queen's mass murder of a city
presages Israel's wanton destruction of
people & property in Gaza.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Just Israel's justification for defending itself. Civilians are not protected if they are used as human shields by the enemy.

If this was strictly a civilian attack with no military targets whatsoever among them, I would agree with you that killing civilians would be a war crime.
Your attitude would be very different if the natives were doing it to us.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I don't want to be pro or anti Israel or Palestine (Gaza). I do not forget that what Hamas did on October 7 was heinous, nor do I forget that their constant launching of rockets into Israel -- aimed not at military or government installations but haphazardly at civilians -- is simply wrong.

I also don't forget that Israel is not doing anything to help Palestinians find a place of their own within the confines of Israel, Gaza and the West Bank -- which of course is partly what precipitates what Hamas did on the 7th.

But at this point in time, Israel is so far past anything like a proportianate response, and so far past any effort at finding a way forward that works for both sides (because "a way forward that eliminates one or the other" is a non-starter), that I am finding myself really offended by Israel's heavy-handed brutality.

I am still offended by Hamas, which seems incapable of realizing that they're on the losing end of this conflict and turning their efforts towards finding a way towards accepting that Israel isn't going away, and how to live with that reality.

But Israel is the "big boy" in this -- and at this point, I would expect Israel to act like the adult in the room. Gaza has been pounded into the ground, and there's nothing but misery among it's ordinary people, and stubborn instransigence in its leadership. Israel may just have to accept that defeated zealots cannot simply accept defeat, and my lean more towards "martyrdom," into which they are willing to take all other Palestinians.

Israel, grow up, and be the adult in the room.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Right which is what Israel is doing.

Defending itself against a group whose very own charter states that its goal is to completely eliminate Israel.
Defending themselves against Hamas isn't destroying food and blocking aid to Gaza. It isn't telling civilians where to.go to be safe and then bombing it. It isn't killing aid workers. It is isn't killing 39,000 (and still counting) in a doomed to fail crusade of vengeance over 1200 who were killed.
That is not self defense.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This is where I disagree. Where is Hamas loosing?
I didn't say they're losing, I said they're on the losing end. The actual loss is in the future. Israel is much, much stronger than Gaza or Hamas -- and they have, for better or worse, the backing of the United States. Do you think that little strip of land and a couple of million people can win against that?

There are times when it's wisest to assess your situation honestly. If you're 97 pounds and don't have any special skills, the 500 pounds bully with an array of weapons is going to whoop your *** no matter what you do.