• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The What Are You Listening To? Thread - Part Three!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonE

King of Parentheses
Buttons* said:
soul to squeeze -- RHCP
I don't care much for the Chili Peppers in general, but that song is a good one.

Me lately, albums:
Guster - Keep it Together
The Roots of Orchis - Crooked Ceilings <-- those of you who like post-rock and/or electronica should check these guys out. Organic (played live) downtempo with post-rock sensibilities.
Morphine - The Night <-- I did mention that this is my favorite band ever, right. Jazzy/bluesy minimalist indie rock. You should all listen to them. Everyone. I mean it.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Sorry mate, if'n it's not progressive... :D

That and I've sworn off anything with the word "indie" in it since Death Cab for Cutie...

Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, it's Alright.

BrandonE

King of Parentheses
ChrisP said:
Sorry mate, if'n it's not progressive... :D

That and I've sworn off anything with the word "indie" in it since Death Cab for Cutie...
Assuming you meant Morphine, it's definitely not progressive, since, as I said, it's pretty minimal. Progressive stuff, though, does not swing or groove anywhere close to how hard these guys do though. :) It does not, on the other hand, bear any resemblance to Death Cab for Cutie, though I happen to enjoy them as well.

There may be no accounting for taste, but this is definitely your loss. ;)

I hope that doesn't sound too cheeky. No offense meant. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.